daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 8th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #21
iamafreeman

Likes (Received): 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden66 View Post
This idiot, aek-94 ,is a Manc lover.

He believes Manc is bigger than L'pool. In reality they they are very similar in area and population.
He is considering going to a Manc Uni.
He thinks it's acceptable to call areas, such as, Salford,Trafford,Tameside etc. Manc.
He thinks L'pool has enough hotel rooms when it clearly hasn't. L'pool has 5000 rooms and needs at least 10000 plus to attract the largest conferences on a regular basis.
He's on the Manc forum regularly supporting Mancs with delusions of grandeur.
He defends offensive media press against Liverpool.

I'll forgive him a bit because of the naivety of youth.
Shame you choose simply to insult the guy but interesting that when it suits you Media City is Manchester but on the other hand tell us Salford isn't Manchester. Which of course it isn't. As you say again here.
You can't have it both ways.

Manchester will have no BBC presence and Granada is also moving out. Liverpool will have a BBC presence. No doubt these events will be to you liking.

Media City is an opportunity for talented people hoping to get into that area of work where they may have been unable or unwilling to upsticks to London. Hopefully, it will benefit many more people than a London centric and dominated BBC has done over the years.

And whilst travelling to SALFORD from Manchester is not as far as from Liverpool no doubt keen young people and those with a media/technical talent will consider the journey worthwhile.
iamafreeman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 8th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #22
aek-94

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
This idiot, aek-94 ,is a Manc lover.
Manc lover? ...Nah.

Quote:
He believes Manc is bigger than L'pool. In reality they they are very similar in area and population.
The city of Liverpool might be larger than the city of Manchester, but Manchester's contiguous built-up area geographically is larger than Liverpool's.

Quote:
He is considering going to a Manc Uni.
Yeah... but not because I have some obsession with Manchester, more because they offer the course which I want to do.

Quote:
He thinks it's acceptable to call areas, such as, Salford,Trafford,Tameside etc. Manc.
But the majority of people there would say that they're from Manchester. I say that my town is a suburb of Liverpool, even though it's not within the city's boundaries, as most people from Maghull including myself class themselves as Scousers, who are living in Liverpool; is that wrong?

Quote:
He thinks L'pool has enough hotel rooms when it clearly hasn't. L'pool has 5000 rooms and needs at least 10000 plus to attract the largest conferences on a regular basis.
Actually it's just me who thinks this, it's on here.

Quote:
He's on the Manc forum regularly supporting Mancs with delusions of grandeur.
No I'm not... I don't post on the Manchester forum regularly, I just view the threads within it. If anything I'm on the UK Skybar more than any of the other forums. Oh, and where have I 'supported Mancs with delusions of grandeur'?

Quote:
He defends offensive media press against Liverpool.
Where?

Quote:
I'll forgive him a bit because of the naivety of youth.
Whatever.
aek-94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #23
golden66

Likes (Received): 65

iamafreeman Shame you choose simply to insult the guy but interesting that when it suits you Media City is Manchester but on the other hand tell us Salford isn't Manchester. Which of course it isn't. As you say again here.

Never said that! It should be called Salford Media City UK to stop the ignorants associating it with Manc.

aek-94.You're a sychophant. All things to all people. I hope you grow out of it.

aek-94. Why bring the contiguous urban area into it. I'm obviously talking about the city councils. It's a delusion of grandeur when Mancs can't resist to associate themselves with the wider urban area of Greater Manchester.

Anyway, the well joined contiguous urban population centred on Manc is similar to the population of Liverpool with its immediate metro-districts.It's about 1.3 m.

Anyway this does not compare like with like because Liverpool is not a land locked city.

Aek-94 what happened to your intentions of going to a Liverpool Uni?

Media is anti Liverpool but you think the local rags are not too bad!

That hotel report is nonsense. Liverpool needs to at least double its number of rooms right now. Don't be so compliant with reports that would be extremely damaging to Liverpool.
golden66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #24
aek-94

Quote:
aek-94.You're a sychophant. All things to all people. I hope you grow out of it.

aek-94. Why bring the contiguous urban area into it. I'm obviously talking about the city councils. It's a delusion of grandeur when Mancs can't resist to associate themselves with the wider urban area of Greater Manchester.

Anyway, the well joined contiguous urban population centred on Manc is similar to the population of Liverpool with its immediate metro-districts.It's about 1.3 m.

Anyway this does not compare like with like because Liverpool is not a land locked city.

Aek-94 what happened to your intentions of going to a Liverpool Uni?

Media is anti Liverpool but you think the local rags are not too bad!

That hotel report is nonsense. Liverpool needs to at least double its number of rooms right now. Don't be so compliant with reports that would be extremely damaging to Liverpool.
I can't be bothered replying to all that.

As for the uni thing, I've found better courses at other universities outside of Liverpool

Also, the local newspapers aren't anti-Liverpool, I think the Echo does quite well in reporting on events and stories from across Merseyside.

Anyway, this is a media thread, I don't think arguing is in line with what the thread is about.
Old October 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #25
iamafreeman

aek-94

I'm afraid in the eyes of our patronising "friend" you have committed numerous "crimes".

God forbid that should you have the opportunity you might aspire to go to Oxbridge and as for Manchester .....one is hardly able to speak of such a terrible thing.

Always worth remembering that for some people a viewpoint that contradicts their own is frowned upon. I suspect that websites like this tend to attract the odd balls as well as sane people.

I realise it's not quite as intended as it refers to the nation state rather than cities inside a nation but as someone once said "a patriot is someone who loves his country a nationalist is someone who hates everyone elses."

There's a few nationalists on here.
Old October 9th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #26
tomo90

Likes (Received): 177

Haha I know I moved away for uni. Traitor me!
tomo90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #27
Pablo Diablo

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo90 View Post
Haha I know I moved away for uni. Traitor me!
What does that make me?! I not only left for uni, I left again for work... and to MANCHESTER! (well, golden will argue that I don't live in Manchester, I live in Trafford... despite being a 5 min walk from the City of Manchester boundary )
Pablo Diablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #28
iamafreeman

I feel sorry for pablo and tomo unable to return to their native city without wearing a paper bag over their head and shunned by decent society.

A terrible price to pay for treachery.

Same as when I worked in Liverpool and went for a pint in a pub and had to write the order down in case my accent gave me away.!
Old October 9th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #29
golden66

iamafreeman. I don't think you should call someone patronising when you haven't got a clue why I made comments on aek-94. Also if you wrongly accuse someone of saying something I think an apology is due rather than going on some strange ramble.

I don't give a damn what uni aek-94 goes to. I just don't want him to carry on attention seeking by opening up pointless threads or having sychophantic views.

Just read saturday's Liverpool Echo. There's very little positive news about Liverpool and its residents. The main event of the weekend "The Liverpool Marathon" is well hidden and there's no comment on why there's no live TV coverage. Skelmersdale is celebrated as a success when really it helped rip the life blood out of that area of liverpool and then not re-housing these people within Liverpool rather than isolating them in the Lancashire countryside. There's loads of space given to photos,non Liverpool news and negative Liverpool news.
Old October 9th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #30
aek-94

Quote:
I don't give a damn what uni aek-94 goes to. I just don't want him to carry on attention seeking by opening up pointless threads or having sychophantic views.
Attention seeking by opening up pointless threads? What pointless threads are these? If you mean this one, I created this one for the sole purpose of discussing and posting news on the various developments in the media sector about the Liverpool City Region, such as the proposed local television station for the city, and the filming of Captain America at the Stanley Dock etc.

Quote:
Definition - praising people in authority in a way that is not sincere, usually in order to get some advantage from them
From that definition my views are not sycophantic. Who exactly am I praising who's in authority? the Mancs? the media maybe? Oh, and plus I'm not an attention seeker, just a student who doesn't agree with your views. This stupid argument started because I posted an article about BBC Radio Merseyside, and one poster made a observation that Salford is not in Manchester, then you somehow got involved. If you don't like my threads or my posts then don't reply to them... simple as, or even better put me on your ignore list, problem solved then.
Old October 9th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #31
tomo90

Likes (Received): 177

I should be forgiven because I live in Liverpool again. Mossley Hill as well so Im in proper Liverpool not like the plazy ones from Maghull (haha being sarcy of course I believe that the official boundary is poop).
tomo90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 11:29 PM   #32
sternslovchild

Likes (Received): 38

Funniest thread ever. Salt and vinegar for the chips on your shoulders?
sternslovchild no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #33
golden66

aek-94 , you're sychophantic on the manc forum and you're attention seeking on your student thread. That thread was really pointless and a waste of time!
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #34
iamafreeman

Quote:
iamafreeman. I don't think you should call someone patronising when you haven't got a clue why I made comments on aek-94. Also if you wrongly accuse someone of saying something I think an apology is due rather than going on some strange ramble.

I think calling someone an idiot and a sychophant, and saying you forgive him because he's young seems pretty patronising to me.

And if the University he goes to is of no interest to you why mention it?
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #35
iamafreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo90 View Post
I should be forgiven because I live in Liverpool again. Mossley Hill as well so Im in proper Liverpool not like the plazy ones from Maghull (haha being sarcy of course I believe that the official boundary is poop).
You have clearly been rehabilitated.
Old October 10th, 2011, 11:22 PM   #36
golden66

I mentioned it because he sychophantically declared he was going to Manc. Uni on the Manc forum whilst just previously declaring on his Liverpool forum thread how deeply involved he was in planning to go to the Liverpool Unis. It's attention seeking and discourteous.

It's not patronising to hope that someones poor attitude will improve as they mature.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:43 PM   #37
MR KITE

Likes (Received): 189

Former Granada exec and Mercury Press boss launch Bay TV

Chris Johnson, the managing director of Mercury Press in Liverpool and Chris Kerr, the former head of Granada TV in Liverpool have set up Bay TV, a new on-demand television channel for the city of Liverpool.

Launched last night, it will be available online and through a bespoke i-player.

Promising an “exciting showcase for Liverpool its people and the entire city region,” it will be broadcasting a mixture of professional productions and self-shot contributions from users. Members of the public will also be able to upload “video classified ads.”

“Television viewing via the web is growing at a rapid pace. The net is also the fastest-growing advertising medium, having overtaken broadcast television as the market of choice for many advertisers, and that is the market Bay TV Liverpool is set to exploit,” explained Kerr.

"As the major broadcasters cut back on their local programming, there remains a substantial appetite for news and information about local sport, arts, the environment and every aspect of local life including public service information on health, housing, jobs and so on.

"The particularly Liverpudlian sense of place makes us confident in our belief there is a significant gap in the market for Bay TV Liverpool.”

The channel has recruited a number of consultants and co-directors including Simon Ellis-Jones (ex BBC, Sky News, Channel One), Peter Berry (ex Granada), Simon Malia (ex MUTV) and Jeff Pickett (ex Granada). They’ll be working alongside in-house video journalists, Hester Perry and Eamon Lavery.

Bay TV has also negotiated a series of partnerships with local universities and colleges to offer the channel as a platform to air material and for students to gain work placements.

It's already secured interviews with Martha Lane Fox, during her visit to the Liverpool Innovation Park and the Liverpool and Everton managers during their weekly press conferences.

"All those involved are excited about this venture which has enormous potential to grow and make a really positive contribution to the life of the city and the region,” added Johnson.

"We are making new TV programmes and features and plan to carry all kinds of material from 3rd parties and archives.

"Someone at the launch party described it as 'Scouse You Tube" and that's not a bad label since we do place great emphasis on public involvement and interaction."

Bay TV Liverpool is part of a consortium led by AIMES Grid Services and the Government’s Technology Strategy Board, which was also behind the Go-On It’s Liverpool event.

"We are under no illusions. This is a commercial enterprise launched in a tough period for business, when advertising budgets are squeezed,” continued Johnson.

"But our compact staffing structure enables us to offer advertising rates that compare favourably with broadcast and print media, not to mention most other web news and entertainment providers.”

It’s not the first time the city has had its own television channel, with the now defunct Channel One, which was owned by the Liverpool Daily Post and Echo. The cable channel shut up shop ten years ago.

http://www.how-do.co.uk/north-west-m...11102100955822
MR KITE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:00 PM   #38
bluesnapper

Likes (Received): 236

Thats not going to last very long.

Its need to be on the Freeview/Sky platform.
bluesnapper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM   #39
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

Likes (Received): 701

Like with Vimeo and the like. Of greater interest to those making videos for it and using it for work experience than for anyone watching. If anyone apart from the aforesaid do.
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM   #40
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

Likes (Received): 701

Smart website though: www.baytvliverpool.co.uk.
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
england, united kingdom