daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 3rd, 2011, 05:25 PM   #41
jets9

Likes (Received): 61

Let the scouse creative juices flow....that's the point.....partly in thanks to the wicked coalition government.......it's a new creative dawn for the conurbation.....and if it doesn't work, then give somebody else a chance (thanks to the coalition government).

I wonder whether Phil Redmond will show his hand in a TV consortium bid?

Last edited by jets9; November 3rd, 2011 at 05:30 PM.
jets9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:56 PM   #42
design_man

Likes (Received): 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awayo View Post
Smart website though: www.baytvliverpool.co.uk.
Agree on the design, but I tried watching some of the stories and it would play 10 seconds then be reloading for ages, so I lost patience. Is that because of their server or what? It occasionally happens with youtube but not as badly as this.

Anyway, good luck to them, there is a niche, and one day someone will find a way of cracking this one.
design_man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:00 PM   #43
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

Likes (Received): 701

These characters are one of the bidders for the local tv slot. So, if their bid is successful some of these videos will see the light of day on broadcast tv, I suppose.
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #44
Kenrick

Likes (Received): 17

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...2534-29831666/

Although I love that La's album, it was over 20 years ago. Hopefully there will be more contemporary acts to showcase at this event.
Kenrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #45
cambrian

Likes (Received): 170

Inevitable I suppose but sad all the same.

THE Liverpool Daily Post is to switch from daily to weekly frequency in the New Year.

The new weekly newspaper is to be published every Thursday and will deliver over 100 pages a week with particular emphasis on its traditional core content of business, sports, the arts and politics. In addition we will continue to provide daily news update through our website www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk.

The reduced frequency means six journalists’ jobs will go in the paper’s Liverpool newsroom.

Post Editor Mark Thomas said today: ‘It is never easy to lose jobs but the changes to format and to staffing sets the Post up for an exciting new future.

‘We are lucky to possess one of the great brands in journalism and we’ve been serving our city for 156 years. This change sets us up to serve it for the next 156 – in print and online and through whatever channels readers seek to receive it’

Journalists are beginning work on dummy designs for the new product which has ‘The Liverpool Post’ as a working title.

‘We’ve just completed research which proves yet again how much people like and want our current content mix, Thomas explained.

‘However, we appreciate that the world is changing and people’s buying habits

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...#ixzz1eceSqa2q
cambrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #46
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

TMNW2's splitting up of what was previously the morning newspaper of our entire region into two some years ago is the smoking gun here.
Old November 24th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #47
Rock Savage

Likes (Received): 105

Hardly surprising as my Echo now arrives with the morning paper.

Something had to give. Shame it was not the Echo in all honesty.
Rock Savage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 10:41 PM   #48
tomo90

Likes (Received): 182

The Daily Post is better than the Echo I think.
tomo90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #49
McGrath

Likes (Received): 19

The Echo is just a court report. There is very little 'journalism' in there at all, even my parents have stopped buying it and if they do it's for the obituaries.

Once the Daily Post lost the Saturday edition and TMNW started making huge cuts, this appeared inevitable given their policy, as cambrian says above.

It will be a sad day when it goes, though. Reading it online will not the same as the morning walk to the newsagents, the chatter with the staff there and then poring over it with a coffee. And a sadder day for those losing their jobs, of course.
McGrath no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #50
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

Now that are own local print media is dying (and the state never allowed us a broadcast one) informed internet publishing is now probably the only outlet for intelligent comment and analysis about our metropolis.

Therefore, I would like to direct forum members to the excellent new blog, Liverpool Metrpolis. I am guessing that it may be partly written by folks we may have known a few years ago on here (before many sensible contributors left and the crazies, trolls, thickoes and loons began to drown out intelligent debate). It's superb stuff anyway. And currently just about alone on the internet. The guys at Seven Streets try bless 'em and sometimes get it right (see their WHS article) but too often betray a lack of real understanding or feeling for the city.

Liverpool Metropolis' most recent post about the death of the Post, which expands on the ideas I've talked about above (and no I don't write for the blog), is the best summary of what is happening, why its happened and what it means for the city I've come across.

http://liverpoolmetropolis.blogspot.com/

Recommended.
Old November 26th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #51
design_man

Likes (Received): 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awayo View Post
Now that are own local print media is dying (and the state never allowed us a broadcast one) informed internet publishing is now probably the only outlet for intelligent comment and analysis about our metropolis.

Therefore, I would like to direct forum members to the excellent new blog, Liverpool Metrpolis. I am guessing that it may be partly written by folks we may have known a few years ago on here (before many sensible contributors left and the crazies, trolls, thickoes and loons began to drown out intelligent debate). It's superb stuff anyway. And currently just about alone on the internet. The guys at Seven Streets try bless 'em and sometimes get it right (see their WHS article) but too often betray a lack of real understanding or feeling for the city.

Liverpool Metropolis' most recent post about the death of the Post, which expands on the ideas I've talked about above (and no I don't write for the blog), is the best summary of what is happening, why its happened and what it means for the city I've come across.

http://liverpoolmetropolis.blogspot.com/

Recommended.
I'd not seen that, it's good isn't it? I think the future is definately in good weeklies with good quality writing, but yes, there needs to be an element of news and not just comment, and that requires either amatuer or professional journalism. Not that the Daily Post has been doing much of the latter for some time. Great to see things coming to life.
design_man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #52
tomo90

Its a good website but I got fed up of the constant references to the big, bad Manchester. It makes Liverpool look like a jealous spolit brat.
Old November 26th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #53
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

Envious? Somewhere can be characterised as a spoilt brat, jealous of its gifted toys and it ain't Liverpool.

I can't find many mention of London's favourite Lancashire town mill-town on the site but if you don't think that the massive over-centralisation of this country on London, and one of its minor, and rather pathetic, consquences - systematic favouritisation of Manchester over Liverpool - isn't a huge problem for Liverpool (I would say the key one, the single factor that explains Liverpool's decline more than anything else by a long way) you really need to think more deeply about the city, its history and its current predicament.

Manchester isn't very big or bad at all. It's an unremarkable place. However London, and the British state that is headquartered there, can be both those things as Liverpool should know too well.

Last edited by Awayo; November 26th, 2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old November 26th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #54
tomo90

Im aware of all this but it comes across as moaning when I see the word Manchester in nearly every article I read.
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #55
MR KITE

Likes (Received): 189

Listen Media 'to hire 200 people' in Liverpool

The Listen Media Company, the business which secured government backing through the second round of the Regional Growth Fund (RGF), will create 200 jobs in Liverpool producing "new and traditional media content".

That's according to a statement issued by the firm which is essentially a shell company registered to an address in Cambridge.

How-Do started looking into Listen Media when no one, either from the company or in government, could say what it did or what it planned to do with the cash, which is thought to be a sum of at least £1m - the fund's minimum pay-out.

The statement said it, "will produce new and traditional media content for TV, radio, print, web and mobile".

"It brings to the UK, business that will employ over 200 people directly and many hundreds more through the supply chain activity. Most of its sales will be global exports.

"The exact nature of its content cannot be revealed for commercial reasons but it ranges from the production of weekly media content to one off specials, from news and documentary to short stories and entertainment.

"The company will make further announcements once the government's due diligence is concluded."

Listen Media is owned by Stephen Callen, pictured, a London-based businessman who is also the finance director at TV and film indie Talent TV.

Fellow board directors are Shunmagum Pillay, who is listed at Companies House as a consultant, and Murray Dudgeon. This is likely to be the same Dudgeon who is a former chief operating officer at the global media buying and planning agency Universal McCann and now works for Acxiom Europe as client services director.

Liverpool's economic development company Liverpool Vision said it did not have a comment on Listen's plans "at this stage".

http://www.how-do.co.uk/north-west-m...11128100956020
MR KITE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #56
aek-94

Likes (Received): 3

This programme is awful so far;

(This programme being Desperate Scousewives).
aek-94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #57
Pablo Diablo

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by aek-94 View Post
This programme is awful so far;

(This programme being Desperate Scousewives).
Comparing it with TOWIE, it's not as bad as it could have been. Some pretty shots of the city and not that many 'chickkkkkkkkkkken' accents.
...still shit though
Pablo Diablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #58
Louis1986

Likes (Received): 0

i thought it was quite watchable, and in comparison what it could have been! its just TOWIE in Liverpool that all.
Louis1986 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #59
tomo90

I fancy being **** bleached in that salon.
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #60
Rollingstone Gather

Likes (Received): 36

It made me laugh in a couple of places. It could have been far worse.

It was interesting to look at the basque's (think that's what they're called) and what was contained within them. Amanda Harrington has nice eyes
“If the decision is going to be made by the facts, then everyone’s facts, as long as they are relevant, are equal. If the decision is going to be made on the basis of people’s opinions, then mine count for a lot more". James Barksdale

Is this the right room for an argument?....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
Rollingstone Gather no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
england, united kingdom