daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Old November 29th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #61
tomo90

Likes (Received): 148

I thought it was worse than what I thought it would be.
tomo90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 1st, 2011, 07:23 PM   #62
McGrath

Likes (Received): 13

Another SchmEcho report, another crap piece of geography. Diana Street, a stone's throw from Goodison Park, described as in "Everton".
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-29873998/
I was nearly as upset by the shite reporting as by the actual event it was describing.
McGrath no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:14 PM   #63
tomo90

The Echo is a joke. Constant stories about murder and robbery with a splash of the Beatles.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 07:12 PM   #64
McGrath

Daily Post N Wales

Didn't take long for TMNW to start laying off staff after their comment that 'the vibrant North Wales Daily Post' will remain untouched. An acquaintance of mine who works there was told on Thursday he has to re-apply for his job against two colleagues. Have these cuts been mentioned in the media anywhere?
Old December 14th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #65
aek-94

Likes (Received): 1

I know I've posted this in the other thread too, but it made sense putting it in here as well.

Quote:
Bay TV Liverpool announces Local TV plans
Wednesday 14 December 2011

Bay TV Liverpool has confirmed to How-Do that it will be bidding for the Liverpool Local TV licence, as outlined by the Culture Secretary yesterday.

The online television offering was officially launched a month ago by co-founders Chris Johnson of Mercury Press and Chris Kerr, the former head of Granada TV in Liverpool.

"It has long been our ambition to have a local TV station for Liverpool and we've been looking at ways to do that for more than five years,” Johnson told How-Do.

"Initially, we were planning to operate Bay TV Liverpool on Sky Digital and we developed a detailed business plan that demonstrated how it could work.

"In 2008 we came very close to pulling that off but unfortunately, the credit crunch made it difficult for us to proceed and with the recession that followed we had to re-think our plans.”

Echoing the sentiments of Jim Booth, the founder of Ribble TV, which will be bidding for the Preston licence, Johnson argued that not only was there a market for hyperlocal television, but it would be financially viable:

"Local TV is going to be a great success in the UK, not least because it will offer a new advertising medium to local and regional businesses at moderate rates.

"Our research also shows that there is also a big demand for TV stations that carry programmes with an appeal to the local audience.

"You only have to look at BBC North West and Granada to see that they are only able to scratch the surface of what goes on in Liverpool.

"Local TV stations will have the ability to really engage with the areas they serve. They will connect with their audiences, very much like local radio has, and will make a really positive contribution to the civic and culture life of a city like Liverpool.”

Bay TV Liverpool has made a formal expression of interest to the Department of Culture Media and Sport and confirmed that it was talking to “a number of interested parties” as it puts together its bid for the franchise.
Source

And some information on the bidder;

Quote:
About Bay TV Liverpool

Bay TV Liverpool is an Internet Protocol Television Station (IPTV) that uses pioneering technology to bring a whole range of programmes to viewers in the Liverpool City Region and beyond.

The Liverpool City Region is made-up of the City of Liverpool and the authorities of Halton, Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens, and Wirral. The area is home to more than 2.5m consumers with with 82% of homes nationwide now equipped with a broadband-enabled computer access to IPTV has arrived and makes it a powerful communication tool.

Operated by a completely independent company, based in the city, Bay TV Liverpool delivers a constantly-expanding menu of programmes, features and news coverage to an audience hungry for truly relevant local content.

Thanks to the great production values of its own programmes, Bay TV Liverpool is designed not only to reach the local audience but also to proclaim the "View from Liverpool" to a worldwide audience.

But Bay TV Liverpool is also designed to be provide a platform for all sorts of local talent, communicators, opinion formers, and advertisers.
Anyone can open an account and upload video content to the "Viewer Videos" and "Classified" section. So there's no need to by shy. We hope you will get involved and start contributing material.
aek-94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 04:24 PM   #66
tommygunn

Likes (Received): 0

Has anyone watched scousewives yet? It's not that bad mainly girly stuff modeling etc and some nice shot's of Liverpool watrefront.
tommygunn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 05:32 PM   #67
roddyf

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
Has anyone watched scousewives yet? It's not that bad mainly girly stuff modeling etc and some nice shot's of Liverpool watrefront.
The missus watches it, albeit from behind a cushion and what I've seen, and she agrees is that if could snip out the bits where there's any of the "stars", there's some amazing external shots of town, looking great, especially the night shots. The programme is pretty dire though
roddyf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM   #68
tommygunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddyf View Post
The missus watches it, albeit from behind a cushion and what I've seen, and she agrees is that if could snip out the bits where there's any of the "stars", there's some amazing external shots of town, looking great, especially the night shots. The programme is pretty dire though
All the filming has been done just in the L1 area which is a little strange and yeah it is pretty crap.
Old December 21st, 2011, 06:21 PM   #69
bluesnapper

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn View Post
I watched a bit of it the other day and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

What stands out to me is that the whole thing must be done on a shoestring. The limited number of cameras, in some scenes its like watching a tennis match with editing of the shots, is matched by the limited acting.
bluesnapper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 07:29 PM   #70
tommygunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesnapper View Post
I watched a bit of it the other day and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

What stands out to me is that the whole thing must be done on a shoestring. The limited number of cameras, in some scenes its like watching a tennis match with editing of the shots, is matched by the limited acting.
I reckon L1 are sponsoring them there is load's of advertising in it which is good really.The girls in it are better looking and better dressed than the towie lot.
Old December 21st, 2011, 10:38 PM   #71
tomo90

I think its gone quite comical the past 2 episodes.
Old December 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #72
aek-94

Here's the website of another organisation which is bidding for the local television station license for Liverpool and the wider City Region:

http://liverpool.thisisyourtv.co.uk/
aek-94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #73
McGrath

Does anybody think TMNW have missed a trick by having the Daily Post as a weekly that comes out on a Thursday rather than a Sunday? I'm sure there is some kind of logic to the Thursday but as the SchmEcho does not run on a Sunday I thought it would make sense for that hole to be plugged by its "sister paper". But, then again, I know little of the newspaper industry other than what I read.
Old January 15th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #74
Neilsatiscitycentre

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrath View Post
Does anybody think TMNW have missed a trick by having the Daily Post as a weekly that comes out on a Thursday rather than a Sunday? I'm sure there is some kind of logic to the Thursday but as the SchmEcho does not run on a Sunday I thought it would make sense for that hole to be plugged by its "sister paper". But, then again, I know little of the newspaper industry other than what I read.
A Sunday type supplement sounds like a good idea, but wasn't there an attempt at a north west Sunday paper about 10 years ago which bit the dust in a short amount of time? I'm looking forward to seeing the new Daily Post, if it's done well it might be for the best it's no longer daily. I hope it has staples in the middle to cut down on litter (something I'd make compulsory for all newspapers).
Neilsatiscitycentre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #75
Dingle All The Way

Likes (Received): 44

Anyone else buy a copy of the new Liverpool Post? It's an improvement I think, it feels like there is enough news in it now and it has a chance to round up the weeks events as well as providing listings and stuff for the weekend.
Dingle All The Way no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #76
Neilsatiscitycentre

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingle All The Way View Post
Anyone else buy a copy of the new Liverpool Post? It's an improvement I think, it feels like there is enough news in it now and it has a chance to round up the weeks events as well as providing listings and stuff for the weekend.
Just about to sit down and read it. Layout etc exactly the same as the old Daily Post. Sadly, there are no staples
Neilsatiscitycentre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #77
buggedboy

Likes (Received): 514

I would still be more likely to buy it if it was on a Sunday, but might try and track down a copy.
Old January 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #78
orange1878
Registered Insane

I always thought the most recent Daily Post was just too thin on the ground to justify the daily cost.

Bought a copy of the new Post yesterday and I am very impressed.

I urge you all to try the new version, I am sure it will surprise one or two.
orange1878 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:04 PM   #79
McGrath

Will the new version be available just on a Thursday? looked in 3 local newsagents this weekend and none of them stocked it.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM   #80
Awayo
Man of Peas

Likes (Received): 568

Do you mean "stocked it" or "had it in stock"? In the latter case it depends how quickly they sell out. I saw copies remaining in the Castle St Spar on Friday night for example.
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
england, united kingdom