daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #61
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

None, windscreen is free of stickers and other litter.

Luckily don't need any vignettes or tax discs or whatever rubbish on your window in Holland.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #62
gotin

Likes (Received): 29

The law in Bulgaria says you can't have more than 1 vignette on the windscreen. How is in other European countries?
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #63
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

So if you're from Switzerland you have to get your valid and paid-for Swiss sticker off the windshield? That sounds ridiculous.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #64
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
So if you're from Switzerland you have to get your valid and paid-for Swiss sticker off the windshield? That sounds ridiculous.
Even more ridiculous if from Switzerland you drive to Bulgaria. Then you should remove valid stickers from Switzerland, Austria, Hungary and Romania...
Satyricon84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #65
bogdymol
bogdymod

We stopped using stickers in Romania. Now we have electronic vignette.

Anyway, we have an insurance sticker in Romania (you get one when you make the mandatory insurance and it's written the expiry date of the insurance on it), but very few people actually stick it in the windscreen. One of my parents cars have one of this on the windscreen (but it's expired for about 2 years) and the other car doesn't have it at all.

PS: this sticker is so well known that I couldn't find a picture of it on the internet.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #66
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2110

Italian insurance sticker must be visibile from outside. Majority of people stick it to the windscreen, but some others stick it to one of the rear windows.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #67
bogdymol
bogdymod

It might be the same with the Romanian insurance sticker, but do you think somebody cares? Many people don't stick it to be visible and the policemens are not complaining...
Old March 7th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #68
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
It might be the same with the Romanian insurance sticker, but do you think somebody cares? Many people don't stick it to be visible and the policemens are not complaining...
Interesting... nobody cares in Italy, though, not even policemen, but I've never seen a car without... maybe because car dealers already stick the transparent pocket for the insurance receipt in the cars they sell. It's like "everybody uses Windows because already installed in their computers"
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #69
bogdymol
bogdymod

Well, in italy you have that "pocket" where you keep the insurance receipt, so you can easly change the receipt with the new one when it's needed. In Romania we have an actual sticker (round shape, larger than any vignette) so every X months when you renew your insurance you have to take off the old sticker and attach the new one, which is annoying.
Old March 7th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #70
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Well, in italy you have that "pocket" where you keep the insurance receipt, so you can easly change the receipt with the new one when it's needed. In Romania we have an actual sticker (round shape, larger than any vignette) so every X months when you renew your insurance you have to take off the old sticker and attach the new one, which is annoying.
I saw this sticker, here in my town lives a romanian that has it on his car. The size is more or less the double of a normal vignette
Old March 9th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #71
Cpt.Iglo
D’r is mor ain Stad!

Likes (Received): 31

Only a green sticker Umweltzone for German cities, the other old (and not valid) stickers I removed.
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #72
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotin View Post
The law in Bulgaria says you can't have more than 1 vignette on the windscreen. How is in other European countries?
This is not true. The only thing the law says is that vignettes that have expired must be removed from windscreen. So, If you speak about Bulgarian vignettes, of course this means only one will remain on the windscreen, because I don't think anybody would buy two vignettes valid for the same time But if you have valid vignettes from other countries, this doesn't mean they can't remain on it.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #73
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
This is not true. The only thing the law says is that vignettes that have expired must be removed from windscreen. So, If you speak about Bulgarian vignettes, of course this means only one will remain on the windscreen, because I don't think anybody would buy two vignettes valid for the same time
Actually it happens often. Many people don't buy a new vignette when the old one is already expired, but a day or two earlier, so they have two valid vignettes for a short time.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #74
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

If the new vignette is already valid before the old one has expired, they can remove the old one.
If the new one is still not valid, they should not stick it to the windscreen, because it is illegal, they shall keep it and stick it when it's period of validity starts.
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #75
eskandarany
من المحيــط إلىٰ الخليــج

Likes (Received): 57

I was under the impression from a friend that the Bulgarian police paid no attention to such things in practice?
eskandarany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #76
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
If the new vignette is already valid before the old one has expired, they can remove the old one.
Some people never remove vignettes.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #77
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskandarany View Post
I was under the impression from a friend that the Bulgarian police paid no attention to such things in practice?
Usually they don't. But sometimes they do. A relative of mine got a fine for expired vignette sticker on the windscreen few months ago, so it sometimes happen. And he had only one expired vignette on it. They surely will pay attention if your windscreen looks like a Christmas-tree with several multicolored stickers, obstructing the visibility. Moreover, there are also stickers for annual technical inspection and mandatory insurance. And some people don't remove older stickers of these types neither. Which is quite suspicious - all Garages licensed to do annual technical inspection remove older sticker before applying the new one. If you have more than one - it should mean that either the sticker is false, or your car never got to the garage, and in both cases obtained the sticker without passing technical examination.
Old March 10th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #78
bogdymol
bogdymod

I took a picture of the Romanian insurance sticker I told you about:

Old March 14th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #79
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

I've spotted this car from Romania today in Milan. It has 10 stickers on the windscreen. From where the lower sticker on the left?
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #80
bogdymol
bogdymod

That's the old Romanian vignette. Now it's electronic.