daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #81
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
So if you're from Switzerland you have to get your valid and paid-for Swiss sticker off the windshield? That sounds ridiculous.
Maybe technically but I can't see them actually enforcing that in such situations
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #82
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9158

No, there isn't such rule even technically. Law says only expired stickers should be removed.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #83
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9116

Nice collection:

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #84
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9158

How about this?

All vignettes are weekly ones for 2011. The sum of their prices exceeds the price of an annual one by some 20%.

Here we have three annual ones (2005/2006/2007), and one weekly and two monthly (which sum also is almost equal to the anual):

So it seems there are drivers with a lot of Bulgarian vignettes who drive with older ones and not being fined.

(both pictures are googled)
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #85
Jeroen669

Likes (Received): 13

I´ve got only 2 non-valid vignettes of Switzerland and Austria on my car.

My truck is a different story, though: german umweltsticker plus three electronical devices. OBU for Germany/Austria (this one is quite big) plus 2 smaller devices for France and Italy. I used to have a seperate device for Austria, but the system is capaple for the OBU since a couple of months now. I also ripped off the special (huge) environmental sticker you need to pass the mont-blanctunnel.
Jeroen669 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #86
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Just a few years and windshield will be completely unvisible:

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #87
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

My van 2006:

Managed to fill the other half of the windscreen up as well, before changing over to a new van.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #88
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Were all of those current, or were the old ones hard to take off?

(My annual Philadelphia resident parking permit expires tomorrow, so this is on my mind. The little instruction sheet that comes with the new one says to remove the old one. I believe having more than one on display is actually illegal. And it comes off perfectly easily and cleanly. But you see so many people with half a dozen of them accumulated in their rear windows. Occasionally, you see them with different district numbers - the city is divided into parking districts and your permit is only good in the one you live in. I suppose they're people who've moved and are trying to preserve a right to park in multiple districts and they're hoping the parking enforcers don't look at the expiration dates....)

(Here http://media.philly.com/images/600*4...ermit06z-c.JPG is a Philadelphia resident permit. Two, in fact. As you can see, the district number is much more prominent than the expiration date, unless that serial number means something to the parking officers.)

Now, can someone explain those round things in the front windscreens of British cars? :-)

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #89
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
Just a few years and windshield will be completely unvisible:

Why do you have them all over your windshield?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #90
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

It's not my car! :P

To be honest, I'm perfectionist and I always have the sticker with registration number put directly to the down edge of windshield, about 7-8 cm far from the corner and vignettes carefully pasted where they should be :P

Old May 30th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #91
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Italian insurance sticker must be visibile from outside. Majority of people stick it to the windscreen, but some others stick it to one of the rear windows.
In France, we must have an insurance sticker.
Unlike in Italy, police care of it, it is forbidden to drive a car without insurance in France.

We also must have the vehicle inspection sticker for car over four year old.
Inspection are done every two year.

(In this picture, it means that the next inspection should be done in October 2009).
Old May 30th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #92
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku
In France, we must have an insurance sticker.
Unlike in Italy, police care of it, it is forbidden to drive a car without insurance in France.
Also in Italy, my mum was fined for the lack of it.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #93
cougar1989

Likes (Received): 103

Now at my car:
1x CZ year 13
1x CH year 13
1x SLO 7days 17/07/13
1x A 10days 19/07/13
1x SK 10days 19/07/13
and German Umweltzone Green, which is not seen at the picture.
cougar1989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #94
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

About France insurance sticker…

I think if I drive my spanish car into france I don't have the obligation to have that sticker on my windscreen, correct?

Anyway. The spanish inspection sticker is the most stupid and useless thing on earth.

żWhy? Spanish police can know if you passed the inspection, if you paid the insurance and taxes with only knowing the licence plate.

Even, they don't need to stop a vehicle for check the papers because some police car have a licence plate recognition camera and automatically they check everything via internet.

A lot of people didn't put the sticker because is ugly (like my mom) and police rarely fine for that because they can check if the car passed the inspection.
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #95
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Never heard of insurance stickers before. However, when driving in France (or anywhere abroad) I always have a "green card", signed and stamped by my insurance company.
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #96
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

The French have insurance discs on their windscreens, the Brits have tax discs, the Dutch have nothing and the Austrians drive around with a "pickerl", which is to show that their vehicles have made it through their annual mechanical tests. (MOT it's called in England)
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #97
OulaL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
The French have insurance discs on their windscreens, the Brits have tax discs, the Dutch have nothing and the Austrians drive around with a "pickerl", which is to show that their vehicles have made it through their annual mechanical tests. (MOT it's called in England)
In Finland we don't need anything like that. The insurance companies and TraFi (Transport Safety Agency) communicate with each other. Whenever needed, the police may use their computer to find out in a couple of seconds that the insurance, taxes and inspection are in order.

That Green card thing mentioned in the message above is a document that insurance companies issue only to those driving abroad.
Old August 8th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #98
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 235

How does this system work for rental cars??? (i.e. Avis, Hertz, Europcar, Sixt, etc.)

Do you have to specify to the rental car agency if you plan on using the rental car outside the country where it was leased?
Blackraven está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 02:29 AM   #99
OulaL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
How does this system work for rental cars??? (i.e. Avis, Hertz, Europcar, Sixt, etc.)

Do you have to specify to the rental car agency if you plan on using the rental car outside the country where it was leased?
Yes. This may affect the price. Not only must you tell that you're going abroad; you must also tell the names of all the countries you're going to. In return, the rental agency gives you a document which authorises you to operate that vehicle in these specific countries.

Failure to present such document to police, when asked, may have several consequences; up to the confiscation of the entire vehicle and its transportation to the rightful owner, costs paid by you.

Last edited by OulaL; August 9th, 2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:27 AM   #100
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

So much for Schengen....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote