daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Pasig - Mandaluyong - San Juan

Pasig - Mandaluyong - San Juan Home to Ortigas, the country's second most important commercial and business district.

Old September 11th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #1
thomasian
I'm sorry ...moving on

Likes (Received): 474

ORTIGAS CENTER | Cyberscape Alpha [23F|93m|ofc]

Image from http://www.robinsonsoffices.com/news.html hosted by: www.photobucket.com

ROBINSONS LAND CORPORATION (RLC) REINFORCES ITS PREMIERE DEVELOPER STATUS IN ORTIGAS CBD WITH GROUNDBREAKING OF CYBERSCAPE ALPHA, ITS 8TH OFFICE BUILDING. (MAY 18, 2011)

Photo shows (from left to right) : Franz F. Ziebert, Managing Director, Design Coordinates, Inc.; Philip Añonuevo, Associate Director, Jones Lang LaSalle Leechiu; Manny Mendoza, President, Monolith Construction & Development Corporation; Father Sergio Aranga; Henry L. Yap, General Manager, Robinsons Land Corporation – Office Buildings Division; Jose Siao Ling, Principal Architect; Ferdie Figuerroa, Principal, Ferdinand L. Figuerroa & Associates; Jave Pimentel, Construction Project Manager, Design Coordinates, Inc.

-------------

Pardon the confusion in this thread. I originally thought this would be the AIC Crowne project resurrected.
The AIC Crowne which was originally intended to stand on this site more than a decade ago had been apparently cancelled and on its place is now being constructed the Robinsons Cyberscape Alpha (Cyberscape One) BPO office building.

The following would be the original first post of this thread before being renamed to Cyberscape Alpha, I intentionally left it to serve as a little background on the history of the site where a new building is currently being built:

Images hosted by: www.photobucket.com

55 floors including 10 basement parking levels:

Just when every ancient SSCer (and some WSFers too for the overly pre-historic members ) thought this project was dead,
the site is now being excavated as can be seen from @RepublicaNegrense's post at the Ortigas Center Thread 8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicaNegrense View Post
All the shots were taken from GCF, some in the rooftop, some in the Youth Center...

Last edited by thomasian; September 13th, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
thomasian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 11th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #2
saintm
Beautiful User

Likes (Received): 206

maybe now its under burgundy
saintm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #3
crossboneka

Likes (Received): 944

anyone knows the name of the project i highlighted below? i think they're done digging by now so construction could start anytime soon.

crossboneka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:02 AM   #4
queetz@home
ASF Chief Mod (retired)

Likes (Received): 33

What the hell??? Yet another Ortigas resurrected project that somehow sneaks up on us. But if they are resurrecting AIC Crowne Suites, why oh why won't they finish Burgundy Empire (formerly AIC Empire) Tower?

If Shazzam is reading this, any hopes of resurrecting the second Tycoon Tower?
Wednesday, 20 June 2012 21:56 Lenie Lectura / Reporter

http://businessmirror.com.ph/home/to...ject-suspended

President Aquino “wanted to make sure that there will be sufficient or enough market to serve the extended railway project,”...
The link below says it all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlhyX-4qKI
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 04:33 AM   #5
watcher09
One Of A Kind!

Likes (Received): 166

This is still Tan Yu's group's? So old. I've already forgotten this.
watcher09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #6
thomasian
I'm sorry ...moving on

So old it seems like most of the newer SSC members now don't know this project or its history hence the apparent lack of interest for this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintm View Post
maybe now its under burgundy
Possibly, I'm not sure if it's purely Burgundy as "Burgundy Crowne Suites" or "AIC-Burgundy Crowne Suites".

AIC or Burgundy (or both) I am predicting a snail pace on this project, like what had happened to Burgundy McKinley Place, Burgundy Bayfront Marina, Burgundy Forbes, Burgundy East Forbes; half-finished like the AIC Burgundy Empire Tower or AIC Grande Tower; or worse, cancelled like Burgundy's Makati project, The Marquee, or two of their Katipunan projects one of which is now taken over by SM and is now Blue Residences.
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #7
Pepito1201

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossboneka View Post
anyone knows the name of the project i highlighted below? i think they're done digging by now so construction could start anytime soon.

If I'm not mistaken, the area highlighted is a Robinsons project. And I also assumed that the area being excavated near the AIC bldgs also belongs to Robinsons. I might be wrong. Excavations for both projects started at almost the same time.

Pls refer to this link: http://business.inquirer.net/1663/ro...ngs-in-ortigas
Pepito1201 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #8
crossboneka

Likes (Received): 944

from the link you posted i think this thread should be named Cyberscape One and the highlighted site above is Robinson's Cyberspace Two.

http://business.inquirer.net/1663/ro...ngs-in-ortigas
MANILA, Philippines – The Gokongwei-led Robinsons Land Corp. seeks to cement its position as the dominant landlord in the Ortigas central business district by investing in two new office buildings targeting the business process outsourcing industry.
The two buildings, Cyberscape One and Cyberscape Two, will expand Robinsons’ available office space for lease by 80,000 square meters, with each tower accounting for 40,000 square meters.
“We’ve awarded the contracts for these two buildings and we’ll have the ground-breaking soon,” Robinsons’ president Frederick Go told reporters during the company’s annual stockholders meeting late Wednesday.

Go said the construction of the two new buildings would be completed in two years. “This will bring the total number of our office buildings in Ortigas to four and it solidifies our position as the largest developer in Ortigas CBD,” Go said.
Cyberscape One, to be located between Sapphire and Garnet Roads, will have a typical floor plate of 2,033 square meters on a 2,500-square-meter lot. It will be 23-stories tall, with seven basements, and is expected to be completed by middle of 2013.

Cyberscape Two will have 36 stories, with four basements, and will be located between Topaz and Ruby Roads. It will have a 1,486-square-meter typical floor plate on a 1,995-square-meter lot.

According to an information sheet provided by company, both buildings will have wide column spaces that are ideal for BPOs and call center offices. The buildings will also have ample parking, back-up power generators, overhead and underground water tanks to ensure uninterrupted operations and services.
crossboneka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #9
nez

Likes (Received): 88

My Cityland agent advised me that this project in front of GCF church belongs to Robinsons. I have yet to confirm this as there are no signs/billboards at the site. Not even the security guard who works there has any idea who owns the project.
nez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:49 AM   #10
queetz@home
ASF Chief Mod (retired)

Way to go Robinsons!!!!

I'm glad they are building some more office buildings in Ortigas. Yes, the mods should change the thread name to "Cyberscape One".

You know....if only Burgundy would finish the Burgundy Empire Tower (they only need to add 10 measeley floors..sheesh! ), that whole block would actually look quite nice with the addition of Cyberscape One filling in the gap. Clearly the demand for office space is there...

President Aquino “wanted to make sure that there will be sufficient or enough market to serve the extended railway project,”...

Old September 13th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #11
queetz@home
ASF Chief Mod (retired)

BTW, here is a link in the official Robinsons Land Corp website, confirming the two RLC office towers. You can even see a glimpse of what the buildings will look like...

http://www.robinsonsoffices.com./news.html#a5

Old September 13th, 2011, 03:47 AM   #12
icarusrising

Likes (Received): 996

Great addition to the Ortigas skyline! The altar-like top feels weird though.
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #13
Shazzam

Likes (Received): 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post
Images hosted by: www.photobucket.com

55 floors including 10 basement parking levels:

This is certainly not the Cyberscape Alpha (nor Beta) that Robinsons are supposed to be doing in Ortigas Center. One is 23 storeys; the other is 36. The one above is 55. 'Some kinda confusion here mod...
Shazzam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #14
AYS

Likes (Received): 28

Robinsons Cyberscape Alpha nga ang project, dinaanan ko kanina at Marcbilt ang excavation contractor, Monolith ang Gen. con.
AYS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #15
nez

Likes (Received): 88

thanks for the confirmation AYS. these alpha and beta cyberspace projects make me consider acquiring another studio unit in GET... or maybe in the ADB Avenue Tower while it is still pre-selling. These projects will also help sell EOG's inventory.
nez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #16
thomasian
I'm sorry ...moving on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
This is certainly not the Cyberscape Alpha (nor Beta) that Robinsons are supposed to be doing in Ortigas Center. One is 23 storeys; the other is 36. The one above is 55. 'Some kinda confusion here mod...
Oh, I"m sorry for that but please refer to the first post so you would understand the history of this thread. Thank you.
Old September 14th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #17
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 154

wow.. good to see that the Robinsons are filling up these empty lots.. nice!
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #18
bustero

Likes (Received): 2

Any renders (same question as the other thread! ) or gap filler. Anyway generic or not better than an unbuilt gap!
Old September 15th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #19
anakngpasig
recovering assaholic

Likes (Received): 1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by queetz@home View Post
What the hell??? Yet another Ortigas resurrected project that somehow sneaks up on us. But if they are resurrecting AIC Crowne Suites, why oh why won't they finish Burgundy Empire (formerly AIC Empire) Tower?

If Shazzam is reading this, any hopes of resurrecting the second Tycoon Tower?
afaik, his next project will be residential
anakngpasig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #20
ronaldcagape
Investor, Broker, Blogger

Likes (Received): 0

Yes, more office space inventory to come! i should get accredited with RLC already and I hope they sell some units.