daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway > Oslo

Old February 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #81
mjoks007

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galro View Post
Angående St. Halvards Gate så regner jeg med at du en ønsker en tverrvei som forbinder Lodalen og Halvards Gate? Det er svært begrenset med plasser du kan lage en kryssing på i det hele tatt ettersom det ligger en del hus langsmed gaten. Samtidig er området mellom St. Halvards Gate og resten av Lodalen svært kupert og dette gjør en kryssning der enda vanskeligere.
Ok, da er det er åpenbart mer kuppert enn hva man får inntrykk av, i google street view. Uansett, det bør da gå av å utjevne terrenget noe. Et par San Francisco gater skader jo ikke. Ang. husene langs St. H. gate, det er vel ikke noe stort problem å inkludere de (som er verdt å bevare) i ny karrébebyggelse?

Sponsored Links

Old February 17th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #82
Galro

Likes (Received): 3135

Men problemet er at det ligger et par med jerbaneskinner under dette området og jeg er litt usikker på om disse kan rives/flyttes, så jeg har derfor bare lagt et lag oppå dem for å dekke dem til istedene. Husene langs gaten er såpass spredt bebygd at jeg tror det blir vanskelig å inkludere disse i noe større område.
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #83
bookings

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:

Most of the greeneries along the river is there already. I've only added a small part above where it used to be rails. There have already been talks about trying to open up all of these rivers, so I doubt you will be able to build anything there to make it inside the city either way.
I know, the plan is currently to have a thin canal along the tracks down to where it can be opened into the water mirror. But proposals can be a bit of wishful thinking, also, no?

There's tons of stuff going on relating to the waterways in Oslo. Oslo Elveforum has some very informative pages. Alna is becoming quite nice from Grorud and up, and there's fish there. The problem we saw with the chlorine leak into Akerselva a year ago is that since most of the smaller tributaries are still dug down, the rivers don't heal themselves well. I.e. there's no safe havens from which animal life might return once the poison has disappeared. So opening up Alna and making it a good place to spawn is very important for the stock of salmon and trout in the inner Oslo fjord.. Currently only Lysakerelva contributes. I'll stop here, this is not salmonrivercity.com
bookings no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #84
Mulefisk

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Not sure what you mean about "top-down google maps overlay"? My proposal is laid on top of images from Google maps already. Isn't that enough?
image hosted on flickr

And here I've tried to explain the overview in case it's not that clear:
image hosted on flickr

Blue: Water area.
Green: Walking paths/Pedestrian areas.
Red: Driveable roads for cars.

And you can download the sketchup file of my proposal here too:
http://www.filedropper.com/lodalen
Allright, here we go. Didn't take too long:

This JPEG is quite small, but the actual map is vector-based, meaning that it can be blown up to any size without loosing any quality.

Our motto is: "If you can see the sun, you are probably not in Sandvika!"
Mulefisk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #85
Galro

That does look superb, but is it possible to do a couple of adjustments? (I don't know how easy it is to do that now that you have already made it mind.)

1. Change the color of the walking path. The brown color used there looks too much "nature-like" and to look to be part of the greenery rather than a place to walk.

2. Increase the size of the water pond towards Gamlebyen, creating two lakes so to say on both sides of Lodalen.

3. Remove the greeneries along St. Halvards Gate and keep the old buildings between my new ones.

But otherwise it looks great and just what I was thinking of!
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #86
mjoks007

Quote:
Men problemet er at det ligger et par med jerbaneskinner under dette området og jeg er litt usikker på om disse kan rives/flyttes, så jeg har derfor bare lagt et lag oppå dem for å dekke dem til istedene. Husene langs gaten er såpass spredt bebygd at jeg tror det blir vanskelig å inkludere disse i noe større område.
Går jo an å dele det opp forslaget ulike faser. Jernbaneskinnene forsvinner nok en vakker dag, og da bør det være et mål om best mulig å binde det sammen med omkringliggende bebyggelse.
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #87
Galro

Lag et forslag da så kan du vise hvordan du ville hatt det.
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #88
Galro

How about this then mjoks007?

image hosted on flickr
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #89
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 273

I want the station clock to be kept. It tells me time when I'm at Dyvekes bro...

Btw, these are good reasonable plans. But I'm guessing you would need more control on the goods track to Sydhavna, and a location of Alnaelva following closer to it's original path (which should be more to the south, if I can remember).

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #90
Galro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCheese View Post

Btw, these are good reasonable plans. But I'm guessing you would need more control on the goods track to Sydhavna,
I don't understand what you mean? More control?

Quote:
and a location of Alnaelva following closer to it's original path (which should be more to the south, if I can remember).
How important is that though? The river flowing through Kværnerbyen (which it will eventually do) can't follow the original path either?
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #91
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 273

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean? More control?
Basicly that you show where it will run and how it will work. If you want to remove it, you need to show where you want it instead, to show that the suggestion is viable.
I don't think you suggest thousands of dieseltrucks on E18/E6 to Gardermoen instead of the airfuel-train, for instance.

Quote:
How important is that though? The river flowing through Kværnerbyen (which it will eventually do) can't follow the original path either?
I don't know. I just think it will be better and more "eatable" with a more organic approach.

Map showing path (ca. 1900):

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #92
mjoks007

Quote:
How about this then mjoks007?
Yes, that looks good. The best would ofc. be to tear down the "commie" along St. Halvards Gate, and make a direct connection with Klostergata, but I guess that a bit too unrealistic...

About the park, I think it should be limited to one quarters size, like you had in the first proposal.
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #93
Galro

Quote:
Basicly that you show where it will run and how it will work. If you want to remove it, you need to show where you want it instead, to show that the suggestion is viable.
I don't think you suggest thousands of dieseltrucks on E18/E6 to Gardermoen instead of the airfuel-train, for instance.
Isn't it possible to just put them underground? I'm not sure how I could make a render in Sketchup explaining how to put it underground though?

Quote:
I don't know. I just think it will be better and more "eatable" with a more organic approach.
I don't think it is possible to follow the original path as the old hall appears to stand on top of it. I could do something like this though:
image hosted on flickr
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #94
Galro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoks007 View Post
Yes, that looks good. The best would ofc. be to tear down the "commie" along St. Halvards Gate, and make a direct connection with Klostergata, but I guess that a bit too unrealistic...

About the park, I think it should be limited to one quarters size, like you had in the first proposal.
No, I disagree. I like parks and greeneries and the park I've made will still be among the smaller ones in the city. We need parks every now and then.
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #95
mjoks007

Just thought, with Middelalderparken 600 metres away.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:48 PM   #96
Jokkum

Likes (Received): 0

I have been reading this forum for a while, but this is my first post.
I have for a while been thinking of what should happen to Gamlebyen in the area where I live.

I will share this with you when i'm allowed to post pictures.
This is the message I get as of now: "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.".
I'm guessing it is because i'm new here. so you'l have to wait and see
Jokkum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:59 PM   #97
Galro

Do you have a link to these images you want to post? Welcome to the forum nevertheless!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:53 PM   #98
Jokkum

I got to work all by myself

And thanks for the welcome Galro!

First, I would like to complete the blocks that's standing along schweigaards gate and make a street parrallell to this with closed of quarters in between. As it is now it is just big walls and fences facing the park and the prison. This is how it looks now:

( Found the picture by googling, this blog: http://elisbilledbabbel.blogspot.com/)

Second I would move the prison out of the city center to a suburb somewhere, and use the old building (the one that looks like a star) for student housing. The area around should pe kept as a park, and the prison walls would ofcourse have to go. In the eastern part of the prison I would like to keep som of the buildings, and build some new aswell. This will make Tøyen and Gamlebyen closer to eachother.
On the map below I have marked the old buildings with white, and the new buildings are red (Except the old prison building)

[IMG]image hosted on flickr
bedre gamleby by joachim.I.88, on Flickr[/IMG]

Third, and this is highly unlikely for atleast another 30 years. Probably alot longer, and possibly never. ( althoug there were plans for it some years ago: http://www.regjeringen.no/nb/dep/sd/...html?id=105240)
I would lay the railroad under ground and make a new street on the old tracks and build up new buildings all the way.

image hosted on flickr

bedre gamleby 2 by joachim.I.88, on Flickr

Sorry for the quality on my paint drawings But you get what the idea is..
Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM   #99
Galro

The prison walls are protected btw. It wouldn't surprise me if the rail tracks/bridges that cut through Gamlebyen is protected too. I like the general idea though, but I would prefer to keep the old buildings along St Halvards Gate.

Last edited by Galro; February 22nd, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
Galro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:10 PM   #100
Jokkum

At least Jørn Holme was positive to selling the plot and making appartments earlier. But back then he was statssekretær and not riksantikvar. And I'm guessing it's only the old prison walls that are protected and not the new ones.

The old houses in st.halvardsgate isn't worth keeping imo. They are too small to be this close to sentrum. Besides they don't give anything to the new street by the railroadtracks. As of now, while the railroad is still there I don't mind keeping them though.

Tags
oslo