daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Kochi

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 18th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #81
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Likes (Received): 2645

I had this source, but wasn't really able to post!
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 18th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #82
agnath.

Likes (Received): 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekuthan View Post
Thanks "chekuthan" for the doc....

Looks like a good deal for IT companies to get land @ Rs 206 lakhs per acre.

This clause is also good, hope that gets enforced :

Time Line for commencement Of construction in the leased land: Within 6 months from the date of execution of lease agreement subject to obtaining necessary statutory approvals.
agnath. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:02 AM   #83
Prasanth_KCV

Likes (Received): 2167

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
I am sure, some big sharks or private company will purchase the center piece, once Infopark 2 and Smart City comes up.... The land value will be higher and naturally individual small houses will sell it and leave the place as a crorepatis....

I wishes, I could own a 5 cent of land in that piece of land!!!!
Dear MI i have 5 cent plot in that area, if you want i will sell to you @ 50,00,000/- per cent

Good work Chekuthan
Prasanth_KCV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #84
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Sir, I'm at your mercy.

What can i do for you?
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #85
e_arunsid
sid

Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnath. View Post
Thanks "chekuthan" for the doc....

Looks like a good deal for IT companies to get land @ Rs 206 lakhs per acre.

This clause is also good, hope that gets enforced :

Time Line for commencement Of construction in the leased land: Within 6 months from the date of execution of lease agreement subject to obtaining necessary statutory approvals.
Its a very good deal but Infopark Authorities have to make sure that they get the basic infrastructure in place on time..That will attract MNC's and Developers.. I m not sure how well they have progressed on this.
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #86
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasanth_KCV View Post
Dear MI i have 5 cent plot in that area, if you want i will sell to you @ 50,00,000/- per cent

Good work Chekuthan
Ayyo!!! Njan Koodeswaran onnum alla!!!! Well, I hope its not listed in any acquisition for future?

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #87
Prasanth_KCV

Likes (Received): 2167

Quote:
Ayyo!!! Njan Koodeswaran onnum alla!!!! Well, I hope its not listed in any acquisition for future?
It is just a joke, I don't have land there
Prasanth_KCV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #88
RKPV
GeoStatic

Likes (Received): 704

] The present residentail land prices around infopark (1 km radius) are Rs. 5 - 8 lakhs. Few years back , it was crossed Rs.10 lakh/cent
RKPV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #89
e_arunsid
sid

Apartment rates have also eased up..It looks far more realistic nowadays... May be because of oversupply.
Old January 24th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #90
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

IP Phase II: Land rates to be determined by the Government

35 acres more have to be acquired out of total 160 acres

Source: Manorama
Old January 29th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #91
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

DEL
Old February 7th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #92
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

X-posting
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_arunsid View Post
Cognizant to set up first self owned campus in Infopark, Kochi

Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS), the US based provider of IT, consulting, and BPO services, today announced its first self owned campus in Kochi, Kerala. A MoU to acquire 15 acres of land in Infopark Phase II was signed today between Anand Bhushan, Sr. Associate General Counsel, Cognizant and Gigo Joseph, CEO, Infopark in Trivandrum in the presence of State Minister for IT & Industries, Shri P K Kunhalikutty. When complete, the new facility will have a built up area of 1.6 million sq. ft and seat 12,000 professionals.

Talking about their expansion plans, Joseph Korah, Centre Head - Kochi, Cognizant said, “We are extremely pleased with our operations in Kochi and this marks the next round of growth in Kerala. Cognizant is pleased to join hands with Infopark as the anchor company for Infopark Phase II. Cognizant presently employs over 1,500 professionals in Kochi, across two facilities - Muthoot Technopolis and Infopark Kochi Phase I.” CTS will develop its campus in phases and in the first phase; the company will invest Rs. 250 crores to build 12.5 lakh sq. ft. space which will seat about 4,000 professionals.

In his remarks, the IT Minister said, “This marks the launch of Infopark Phase II and their presence is definitely a matter of great pride to us. I am sure this will generate considerable employment opportunities and bring in substantial investment to Kerala. The Government will extend all possible support to the companies who want to set shop here.”

As on September 30, 2011, Cognizant has 1,30,000 employees in over 50 delivery centres worldwide. CTS is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.

K S Srinivas IAS, Special Secretary (IT); Alkesh Kumar Sharma, IAS, Secretary (Investment Promotion) and S Ramnath, MD, Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (KINFRA) were also present on the occasion.

KERALA IT
Old February 7th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #93
e_arunsid
sid

Cognizant expands its Kochi operations
Quote:
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Cognizant, a NASDAQ-listed, US-headquartered provider of information technology, is expanding its operations in Kerala by leasing 15 acres of land at the Kochi Infopark campus.

The company Tuesday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Kerala government for this.

When fully completed, Cognizant's new campus in Infopark Phase II will have a built-up area of 1.6 million sq ft and the capacity to accommodate around 12,000 professionals.

Cognizant will develop the campus in phases.

The first phase is being built at a cost of approximately Rs.250 crore and will consist of a 550,000 sq ft software development block, which will accommodate over 4,000 professionals.

Cognizant at present has over 1,500 professionals working from the first phase of Kochi Infopark.

Present at the signing ceremony was Kerala Industries Minister P. K. Kunhalikutty, who said that it was recently that the government has released the 'Emerging Kerala' tag line because it is emerging slowly and strongly as the land of opportunities.

"Big IT names like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Oracle, HCL, Cognizant and Cap Gemini are setting up offices in the state. Today, we are at the threshold of the next phase of IT growth in Kerala and the government assures all support to all companies who will play a key role in the development of the state as a leading IT hub of the country," said Kunhalikutty.

"We are committed to expanding our operations in Kochi and tapping into the world-class talent in the state of Kerala. This investment in a new campus in Kochi is a part of Cognizant's commitment to grow its operations in this region, and work closely with academia to further enhance the knowledge quotient," said R. Chandrasekaran, president and managing director, Global Delivery, Cognizant
e_arunsid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #94
KMC

Likes (Received): 871

waaw its a great news indeed .... they are the fastest growing IT company ...

we need a few more namess like this ...
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #95
bijoy

Likes (Received): 46

Lot of happenings in IT these days at Kochi,Trivandrum and Calicut!!...

Hope Keralites working outside the state will be able to come back and settle down in their home state soon..
bijoy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #96
RKPV
GeoStatic

Likes (Received): 704

Good to hear Capegemini proposal. Have any more detials? They are one of the good players.
RKPV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #97
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 3085

In days to come, surely, Kerala will be a major IT destination and we will set the best Kerala Model of IT before highly polarized urban concepts of India..... I am sure, in next 10 to 15 years, Kochi, Trivandrum and Kozhikode along with their satellite centers like Thrissur, Kollam, Kannur would see itself as one of the nation's biggest Knowledge and Information zone...

Who knows, may be in future, Kerala itself may create a Silicon Coast?

These news thats coming now a days are really fanastic and Kochi will surely rock as a potpourri city with a deadly cocktail mix of IT, Trade, Heavy Industries, Port industries, Aviation and Tourism.......

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #98
KMC

Likes (Received): 871

Quote:
In days to come, surely, Kerala will be a major IT destination and we will set the best Kerala Model of IT before highly polarized urban concepts of India..... I am sure, in next 10 to 15 years, Kochi, Trivandrum and Kozhikode along with their satellite centers like Thrissur, Kollam, Kannur would see itself as one of the nation's biggest Knowledge and Information zone...

Who knows, may be in future, Kerala itself may create a Silicon Coast?

These news thats coming now a days are really fanastic and Kochi will surely rock as a potpourri city with a deadly cocktail mix of IT, Trade, Heavy Industries, Port industries, Aviation and Tourism.......
It will take time for Kochi , considering the time frame of just 6 years , we have acheived alot ,

Last edited by KMC; February 7th, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #99
agnath.

Likes (Received): 151

Guys, Any idea about timelines for CTS construction ?
agnath. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #100
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Rs 14.25 crore sanctioned for IT building and road development

GoK allotted Rs 14.25 crore to develop 4 lakh sq ft IT building, the first in Infopark phase II and the internal road connecting the phase II plot.

cc: Mathrubhumi