daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:50 AM   #1
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19049

The Miami Tower at Night!

image hosted on flickr

CSC_1241 by QuantumX, on Flickr
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:54 AM   #2
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0555 by QuantumX, on Flickr

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6263322966/]image hosted on flickr
[/url]
DSC_0547 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0735 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0694 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0693 by Quantum2010, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0753 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:58 AM   #3
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0963 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_1499 by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Old October 22nd, 2011, 01:00 AM   #4
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0147 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0143 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0146 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0265 by Quantum2010, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Old October 22nd, 2011, 01:06 AM   #5
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

image hosted on flickr

DSC_1003 by Quantum2010, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_1014 by Quantum2010, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

5212817753_4948cd7efc_b by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

5501473911_5433259c2a_o by Quantum2010, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Old October 22nd, 2011, 06:25 AM   #6
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
Awesome, very nice shots of Miami at night
Thanks, Christos! But here, I've chosen to showcase one particular Miami skyscraper. It is the Miami Tower. When it opened by in 1987, it was known as the Centrust Bldg, then was known for a time as International Place, soon thereafter, NationsBank became the building's major tenant. NationsBank was eventually eaten by Bank of America and it was known as the Bank of America building for many years. When the economy turned bad in the U.S., Bank of America was forced to downsize into its smaller Brickell Avenue office which is visible in a few of the pictures here. Then, it became simply the Miami Tower. Because of its architecture (I.M. Pei), I get asked all the time what building is that.

Also, it has become well-known for i's changing color scheme. For instance, during the holiday season, for many years it was bathed in blue light the way you see in my aerials with lighted giant snowflakes. Last year for the holiday season, it was bathed in red and green light with the giant snowflakes lit up. For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, of course, it was bathed in pink. For Art Basel, it was white on one side and purple on the other.

It has become the trademark of the Miami skyline at night. In Paris, you have the Eiffel Tower, in Greece, the Parthenon, in Rome, the colosseum, in New York, the Empire State building and the Statue of Liberty, and in San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Transamerica Buildng. But in Miami at night, you instantly know what city it is the way the Miami tower reflects the light it is bathed in and the buildings ever changing color scheme to reflect the occasion. I've done several photo shoots from the roof during the day, but they won't allow for me to do it at night. Night shots from there would be fantastic!

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0118 by Quantum2010, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_1173 by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0307 by Quantum2010, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0303 by Quantum2010, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

5500651189_2072ec0457_o by QuantumX, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

5502285706_b7ca4c5415_o by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Last edited by QuantumX; October 23rd, 2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:09 PM   #7
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244519

christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM   #8
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
Thanks, Christos! But this time I'm showcasing the Miami Tower which changes its lighting for the occasion. Breast Cancer Awareness month for instance.

image hosted on flickr

DSC_1184 by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Old October 22nd, 2011, 09:54 PM   #9
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

I wish this was the tallest building in Miami, it deserves to be the signature building, even if it already kind of is.
I-275westcoastfl está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 10:19 PM   #10
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10381

Gorgeous. The need rainbow lightning tho

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:26 AM   #11
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-275westcoastfl View Post
I wish this was the tallest building in Miami, it deserves to be the signature building, even if it already kind of is.
It has one of those designs that just begs to be taller, and it certainly becomes Miami's signature building at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Gorgeous. The need rainbow lightning tho
They obviously can do that!

My photo threads:

Old October 23rd, 2011, 02:35 PM   #12
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3441

Nice pics. Too bad you still don't use longer exposures and a tripod. Most photos lack depth of field, detail and sharpness
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:44 PM   #13
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Nice pics. Too bad you still don't use longer exposures and a tripod. Most photos lack depth of field, detail and sharpness
I've been using a tripod since last Christmas, and here I'm simply posting as many different colors and perspectives of the Miami Tower that I can. In some of these photos, I wasn't even trying to shoot the tower. I know in many of these photos that the photography isn't that impressive, but that's not why I'm here.

My photo threads:

Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM   #14
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Thread: "The Pinnacle of Night" - June 22, 2011.

Post # 32

Quote:
So are you using a tripod yet?
Post #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
I bought myself a tripod last Christmas.

My photo threads:

Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:43 PM   #15
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3441

Alright sorry didn't know. Longer exposures in aperture or manual mode will really get you better photos, just a tip
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:32 PM   #16
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Alright sorry didn't know. Longer exposures in aperture or manual mode will really get you better photos, just a tip
Thank you! Everything in its own time. I'm not here to try to impress anybody. I have enough confidence in my own abilities with what I've already achieved to not be bothered with whether somebody thinks I'm a great photographer or not. Whenever I post a picture, great or not so great, it's because there is something there that I want you to see.

Now before you asked me that question on the other thread about whether I was using a tripod yet or not, I had already posted a number of night shots with clarity and sharpness that were impossible to capture without a tripod. Some are even in my ************ portfolio, and those people are picky as all hell.

I created this thread to familiarize the world with the Miami Tower, some of whom have seen it somewhere before, but didn't know where it was or that these buildings in all these different colors were actually the same building. That is why I bothered. It is the city's trademark. It is the means by which you know the Miami skyline instantly at night. I'm partial to the gold color myself.

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0668 by QuantumX, on Flickr

My photo threads:

Last edited by QuantumX; October 24th, 2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old October 25th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #17
stefanguti

Likes (Received): 1223

Got one for you:

From my last trip to MIA

Vienna Public Transport Thread

Austrian Subforum
stefanguti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #18
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanguti View Post
Got one for you:

From my last trip to MIA.
I know. I saw it in the Urban Photo Contest, but bear in mind that this is the Miami Tower at Night thread. Not just any Miami tower or any Miami Beach tower. Here, we are talking about THE MIAMI TOWER!

My photo threads:

Old October 25th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #19
stefanguti

Likes (Received): 1223

Apologies then, I thought any Miami tower!

Vienna Public Transport Thread

Austrian Subforum
stefanguti no está en línea   Reply With Quote