daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 8th, 2009, 01:11 PM   #141
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2728

According to the major they will open the line and station on Feb 2010.
BTW the Seyrantepe station is more than a normal metro station.

Some informations:
-2,300 car parking (mainly for stadium and park&ride)
-3 x 150m tunnels under the highway (connection to the stadium.29m under the highway)
-parking for the metro/railway car
-110.000.000 Euro (15% parking)
-cap of the metro car storehouse: 120
-28 metro cars can be repaired at the same time
-8 metro cars can be washed at the same time
-inside the storehouse they installed 5,866m rail

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014

Highcliff liked this post
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #142
batman08

Likes (Received): 700

www.sercan.de thanks for the information! I have several questions about the impending development of the metro in Istanbul and will be glad if you could answer me!
When will be put into operation the stantions Darussafaka and Naciosman? What type are they - deep level or not?

batman08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #143
Baron Hirsch
Kara Tren Solcusu

Likes (Received): 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman08 View Post
When will be open the new stantion?
All information below is subject to change, as the Istanbul Municipality redraws its schedules all the time. Question marks mark extensions where we have not had any or only contradicting news recently.

Feb 2010 - The M2 line will start to function as a singular line (instead of 3 seperate lines at the moment) from Sishane to A. Oto Sanayi. At the same time, Sanayi (not to be confused with A. Oto Sanayi) to Seyrantepe will start to operate as a seperate line. Only when there are soccer games at the as yet unfinished Seyrantepe Stadium will the line operate directly between Taksim and Seyrantepe.

May 2010 - M2 extended one stop northwards to Darüssafaka

Nov/Dec 2010 - M2 extended one stop northwards to Haciosman

2011? 2012? Southern extension M2 Sishane to Yenikapi completed

other lines:

2010? M1 extension Esenler - Bagcilar (- Kirazli)
2010? new line Kirazli - Olympic Stadium, with branch to Basak Konutlari
end 2011 new line Kadiköy - Kartal; indefinite later extension Kartal - Kaynarca
2012 M1 extension Aksaray - Yenikapi
2013 Marmaray tunnel under the Bosporus from Yenikapi to Sögütlücesme, combined with modernized suburban railways

Baron Hirsch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:53 AM   #144
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1145

Beside M1, which subway lines are now under construction and under planning?

Please write details as far as possible, and also include a map of metro network including current and future metro/subway lines (excluding light rail a.k.a hafif metro and funicular a.k.a tunel)

Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:56 AM   #145
Ashis Mitra

Please write details as far as possible, and also include a map of metro network including current and future metro/subway lines (excluding light rail a.k.a hafif metro and funicular a.k.a tunel)

Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:01 AM   #146
Ashis Mitra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavito View Post
Nice photos

Now Istambul is investing in improving the rail system... Light Rail, metro...
The metro stations look great and modern, but trains are exactly the same as the metro system of Caracas... curious. I suposse that both are built by same builder (Alstom).

Is there any plan for a rail link between Europe and Asia????
Yes, I heard about such a project.

Beside light rail & metro, Istanbul also has a two heritage tram & one modern tram system.

***By the way, when the construction of subway started, was any remaining of 1966 closed tramway were excavated under the roads? Please inform me.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:04 AM   #147
Ashis Mitra

Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:12 AM   #148
Ashis Mitra

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar samanlı View Post
Actually, until 1950s, Istanbul had an extensive tram network consisting 56 lines. However, car craze caused the track to be removed one by one and last tram line closed in European side in 1961 and Asian side in 1966. Then came trolleybuses which did not do a good job either and were withdrawn in 1984. We now try to correct the mistakes we did in 1950s.
Dear Serdar Samanli, that's the point you've written. Istanbul was not alone, many other cities around the world like Buenos Aires, Pyongyang, Tianjin etc. once closed there extensive tram systems, and now returning trams as a modern system. The losses would'nt completely recoverable, but BETTER LATE THAN NEVER. Great wishes for Istanbul.

I'll write more later, thank you. Please continuously try to correct the mistakes Istanbul did around '60s.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:14 AM   #149
Ashis Mitra

Messi, what is the current status of Kayseri tram & Samsun tram?

Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:26 PM   #150
sourierservice

Likes (Received): 695

Whats d diff b/w light metro n rail??

sourierservice no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #151
Baron Hirsch
Kara Tren Solcusu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post

Dear Ashis Mitra,
can you please stop spamming this forum with your questions? Instead of writing to five threads at once, just use this one, as all other have become inactive. Also, for your question you do not need to post. There are several fairly frequent postings of construction updates and maps on this thread and the Bosphorus tunnel thread.

Old November 29th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #152
Ashis Mitra

I'm quite sure after reading many articles including wikipedia & www.urbanrail.net that only the M1 is the real subway/metro line of Istanbul, because it is fully underground & uses wide stocks (like other subways around the world). Hence M2 is the light metro (light rail) because it mainly runs on fully reserved track on surface (partly underground) and also uses narrow stocks. In future, I think transport authority should rename this line from M2 to L1 (light rail 1). Also T4 is not actually a tramway. It runs on fully reserved track on surface and elevated (partly underground also). Beside this, M2 & T4 uses same rolling stock. I think it should be renamed from T4 to L2.

However, please don't be impatient. I'm very much interested about Istanbul Metro & tram, because I live in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), and my city has Asia's oldest running electric tram (since 1902) and India's oldest metro (since 1984).

Please don't forget to publish a map or write details about the future extensions or routes about M1 type metro lines in Istanbul.

Will the Asian side metro (which is under construction from Kadikoy) be like M1, or confusingly like M2?

Old November 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #153
Ashis Mitra

Is there any common alignment between pre 1966 tram & post 1990 tram in Istanbul (including both nostalgic, Moda & Cagdas tramway)? If yeas, please mention.

I'm sure that T4 is not actually a tram line, because it runs fully on right of way including elevated & underground part, and uses same type of stock like M2. I think that in future line M2 & T4 should be renamed as L1 & L2 (L=light rail/light metro).

This thread has no information about pre 1966 tramway network & today's heritage tramways on both side of Bosphorus. Please add those information as much as possible.

At last there is a question - What is the current status of Kayseri tram, Samsun tram & Gazi Antep tram?

Old November 29th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #154
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar samanlı View Post
Actually, until 1950s, Istanbul had an extensive tram network consisting 56 lines. However, car craze caused the track to be removed one by one and last tram line closed in European side in 1961 and Asian side in 1966.
I'm not sure it's that simple. In my native Copenhagen it's pretty much the same story. BUT this is the case for a very simple reason: the old tram lines were running in the middle of the streets, together with the car, lorry and bicycle traffic. As the car traffic increased exponentially the trams got stuck in the same endless traffic jams as everyone else.

My priors are that it would have been likewise in Istanbul? Among the few European capitals that have kept and nurtured tram lines all along are Brussels and Vienna, and they have done so for a very specific reason: their trams go underground in the centre of town and surface only on the less trafficked roads in the perifery of town. In pretty much the rest of Europe (including Paris where I live) they are now REinventing trams - only this time round the trams are given their own dedicated tracks so that they can run indpendently of the traffic around them.

hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #155
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Likes (Received): 885

Amazing pics thanks! I love the Zeytinburnu - Kabatash line. Very frequent timetable. I guess its almost one tram per 2 mins. During my last vistit to Istanbul I haven't had a ride on the new light rail because it's not in the city center. I hope next time i'll have the chance to have this experience.

ovem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 01:21 PM   #156
Baron Hirsch
Kara Tren Solcusu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
Will the Asian side metro (which is under construction from Kadikoy) be like M1, or confusingly like M2?
Actually, it is the other way around. M1 (Airport-Aksakaray, red on the map) is the name of the light rail metro, M2 the high capacity metro (YenikapiHaciosman, dark green). The new metro in Asia (Kadiköy-Kartal) will be high capacity as well, as will the turquoise line (Kirazli-Olympic Stadium/Basak K.) in the west of town.
@waitingforgod: note that this map is not today, but as the metro should look in the year 2013. Present extent of rail systems is 140 km, half of which was built before 1875. In 2013 the city should have 210 km, while the municipality promises to raise the number to more than 600 km of tracks by 2023, although they are not doing very much for this at the moment.

Old November 30th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #157
Baron Hirsch
Kara Tren Solcusu

http://www.trainsofturkey.com/maps/istanbul_tram3.jpg
(Istanbul European trams, geographic)
http://www.trainsofturkey.com/maps/istanbul_tram11.jpg
(Istanbul European trams, schematic)

As you can see, the present-day Taksim-Galata nostalgic tram is just a stub of much longer lines that used to operate through these stops. The present day T1 runs following an older route between Topkapi and Kabatas. It extends further westwards though, and does not continue north of Kabatas to Bebek like the old lines used to, as this is now the exclusive privilege of car owners.

As for the nostalgic tram operating between Kadiköy and Moda - while there used to be a traditional tram between these locations (found a map for this but lost it), it ran along completely different streets than the present day one. It therefore has a much less authentic feel than the popular Taksim-Galata line.

Old November 30th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #158
Messi
Tinerci Gençlik

Likes (Received): 2430

They are not doing much? I'm not sure if there is any other city with similar construction activity.

There is Marmaray u/c
There is Kadiköy-Pendik u/c
There is Esenler-Kirazli u/c
There is Kirazli-Olimpik stad u/c
There is Kirazli-Basaksehir u/c
There is Levent-Darüssafaka u/c
There is Taksim-Yenikapi u/c

Messi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #159
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Likes (Received): 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messi View Post
They are not doing much? I'm not sure if there is any other city with similar construction activity.

There is Marmaray u/c
There is Kadiköy-Pendik u/c
There is Esenler-Kirazli u/c
There is Kirazli-Olimpik stad u/c
There is Kirazli-Basaksehir u/c
There is Levent-Darüssafaka u/c
There is Taksim-Yenikapi u/c
wow! Indeed Only Moscow and Madrid could beat Istanbul, but not anymore

ovem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #160
Messi
Tinerci Gençlik

Likes (Received): 2430

Moscow and Madrid have already world's best networks but currently they are not building that much, are they? I mean they don't need to do that since they have already a very dense network.

Messi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
istanbul, metro, tram, túnel, ulaşım