daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 30th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #1
hauntedheadnc
...wolf in cheap clothing

Likes (Received): 107

Wearing out my shoes in Seattle (II)

Your feeble human mind cannot comprehend the awesomeness that is this walrus.

More walrus awesomeness.

One day we went up in the Smith Tower. That would be Harborview Medical Center in the distance, I believe. Why all this interest in hospitals, though? Well, my boyfriend is an RN. While we strolled about Seattle, we both concluded that it's definitely a place we could live. That's a very big deal for me, considering my roots here in Asheville and how much I love it. However, Seattle is basically Asheville on steroids, and with a waterfront. It feels nice, looks nice, and I fell in love with it.

Unfortunately, the small amount of research we've been able to do since returning home tells us that housing is much more expensive than here and nurses are paid even less than here. This is especially a problem considering that I have no marketable skills and am basically dead weight on my boyfriend until I can increase my education. So, for now the dream of moving to Seattle is a dream deferred.

I forgot to photograph my food until I had already taken several bites.

The International Fountain. Meh. It was having an off day.

And one day we went up in the Columbia Center.

Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:42 AM   #2
openlyJane
Human Being

Likes (Received): 43400

Some great images of Seattle - a city I really want to visit.
openlyJane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 05:06 AM   #3
mhays
Journeyman

Likes (Received): 2598

Another great set!

That first hospital photo also got Swedish in the back left. In one of your last ones (yellow crane, lake in background) you got Group Health in the middle background.

It ought to be ok to move here. I have no idea about nursing jobs. But our economy is probably a little better than the country on average. Apartments aren't cheap, as you say....that's the reason for most of the tower cranes actually, as rising rents are causing a lot of apartments to break ground.
mhays no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:17 PM   #4
hauntedheadnc
...wolf in cheap clothing

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
Another great set!

That first hospital photo also got Swedish in the back left. In one of your last ones (yellow crane, lake in background) you got Group Health in the middle background.

It ought to be ok to move here. I have no idea about nursing jobs. But our economy is probably a little better than the country on average. Apartments aren't cheap, as you say....that's the reason for most of the tower cranes actually, as rising rents are causing a lot of apartments to break ground.
I wish it would be ok to move there, but when we arrived home we called up Virginia Mason Hospital just for kicks to ask what a nurse would make there. The figure they gave us was about $30 more per paycheck than what he makes there, and while we pay $865 a month for a roomy, 2-bedroom apartment here, we didn't see anything in Seattle for less than a thousand that didn't involve a torturous commute.