daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises

Highrises Discussions of projects under construction between 100-199m/300-649ft tall.
» Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:58 AM   #41
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

Yeah, this one looks less...crafted than the older office building design, but the design has nice texture to it, with the undulating outdoor spaces. Also, I'm amazed at the idea that there's this kind of demand for a residential property in a (smaller) American city in the country's south. Great news, for sure.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2014, 07:28 AM   #42
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

More details released for this redesigned skyscraper:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
Site plan and some other details are now public. Obviously it has been redesigned and the official height of the tower will be 747'. Some other details from the articles include that Tony will be leasing 400 parking spaces of the adjoining MDHA parking garage now under construction, and there will be an amenity deck on top of it. It will also include some retail space as well.

A bunch of us had the pleasure to meet with Tony G. last weekend, including a few posters from the board here (wreynol4, markhollin, ariesjow and LA_TN), and he was kind enough to share his plans for this project. We know a lot more details about it, but unfortunately cannot say at this time. Going to have to wait until more info becomes public.

http://www.12thandbroad.com/story/ne...rises/20175421

desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #43
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

The site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post

Old December 15th, 2014, 01:25 AM   #44
geoking66

Likes (Received): 6853

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Yeah, this one looks less...crafted than the older office building design, but the design has nice texture to it, with the undulating outdoor spaces. Also, I'm amazed at the idea that there's this kind of demand for a residential property in a (smaller) American city in the country's south. Great news, for sure.
Nashville's seen a lot of increased out-of-state investor attention over the past few years…it's not very typical of the South in that sense.

Last edited by geoking66; December 15th, 2014 at 01:31 AM.
geoking66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #45
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Likes (Received): 6558

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
More details released for this redesigned skyscraper:
this one look very different from all the previous ones and also it is less sophisticated it seems. it is good that something is going on, but design can be way better

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.” Thomas Jefferson
"We Shall Never Surrender." Winston Churchill
“Not all those who wander are lost.” J.R.R. Tolkien
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." Oscar Wilde
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

JohnFlint1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2014, 06:27 AM   #46
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

New name: "Paramount"

New skyscraper will transform Nashville's skyline

Quote:
Developer Tony Giarratana's planned 60-story residential high-rise at the southwest corner of Fifth and Church will be called Paramount, a $225 million project he expects to redefine downtown's skyline and Nashville's regional identity much like the L&C Tower did more than five decades ago.

At 750 feet tall, the 884,533 square foot Paramount will out-rank the 333 Commerce St. Building, nicknamed the "Batman Building," as the state's tallest skyscraper. The overall project is expected include 630 units — a mix of apartments, condos, penthouses and townhomes that should help to fill demand for more residential dwellings downtown, though some analysts are generally concerned about a glut depending on when they come online.

"We like doing things that are the first — we like challenges," Giarratana said, adding that his strategy of securing prime locations for projects helps to ensure success even when a downturn occurs later in the overall market.

[...]
Old December 20th, 2014, 07:18 AM   #47
Ian604
Captain

Likes (Received): 46

Looking good Nashville!

Ian604 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #48
Buffaboy
Buffalo's Idealist💡

Likes (Received): 2103

The opening rendering looks like keys on a keyboard, which would've been appropriate for Nashville. But the rest do have class (and glass) and bulkiness to them.
Buffaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #49
DerekM
BANNED

Likes (Received): 135

B-U-I-L-D this sucka now!!!!! It's a piece of art!!!!!

DerekM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 08:03 AM   #50
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

While I do lament the loss of that other design, this is far larger and will look awesome with some quality glass. This will also be the tallest in the city by 130 feet. Part of what helps the current tallest is a pair of spires, so this will dominate the skyline by over 200 feet!

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/

towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2015, 07:40 AM   #51
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Put another high-flying concept on the scrapheap:

Giarratana raises $60M for 45 story 505 tower, releases renderings

Quote:
Developer Tony Giarratana has raised the $60 million of equity needed for 505, the 45-story high-rise with 500 multifamily units he plans at Fifth and Church.

Giarratana is focused on securing a $90 million construction loan, which when obtained would complete the financing package for the estimated $150 million project.

The developer also Wednesday released renderings for the 403,000-square-foot high-rise, which includes 1,500 square feet of retail space.

The $60 million in equity includes $35 million of mezzanine financing from Chicago-based LaSalle Investment Management. Clarksville-based First Advantage Bank financed the $12.5 million of tax-increment financing, which the Metro Development & Housing Agency granted to help with infrastructure and other needs of the project.

Giarratana is contributing 0.43 acres of land valued at $12.5 million or more toward the project. Vertical construction of 505 and an adjacent MDHA-planned 973-space parking garage should start this fall with the garage to be delivered before the high-rise building is completed in late 2017.

505 will include a 45,000-square-foot amenity level — 33,000 square feet of outdoor amenity space atop the garage and another 12,000 square feet inside the building.

[...]

Old April 8th, 2015, 03:09 PM   #52
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

4/03

DOWNthe RabbitHOLE (12 of 25) by Drejitzu, on Flickr

Old April 16th, 2015, 12:27 PM   #53
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Giarratana Moves Forward With High Profile Nashville High-Rise

Quote:
High Rise Facilities | April 8, 2015

It’s not only jobs and residents flocking to Nashville: lenders are competing to back multifamily developments in the Music City. Developer Tony Giarratana has secured $47.5 million in key financing commitments to allow his company to move forward with its latest development, to be called 505. Located at the corner of 5th Avenue and Church Street in the heart of downtown Nashville, the multifamily property will be developed through a public/private partnership with the Metropolitan Development & Housing Agency (MDHA).

The 505 apartment high-rise is facilitated by our public/partnership with MDHA, which includes a 99-year lease on 500 spaces in its garage and air rights for a rooftop amenity deck,” said Tony Giarratana in a statement. At 550 feet-tall, it would be the second-tallest building in the city, behind the AT&T Building.

The prime, 505 development site, which Giarratana is contributing to the project, is valued at more than $12.5 million. JLL secured $35 million in mezzanine financing on behalf of Giarratana from Chicago-based LaSalle Investment Management. MDHA has committed an additional $12.5 million in tax increment financing (TIF), which TIF is to be financed by Nashville-based First Advantage Bank. In addition to the mezzanine financing, JLL’s Capital Markets experts, led by Managing Director David Hendrickson, are currently sourcing a $90 million construction loan to complete the project’s $150 million in financing.

“Giarratana and his partners continue to make significant contributions to the economic growth and development of Nashville. First Advantage Bank is excited to be among the partners facilitating the 505 development” says Earl Bradley, CEO, First Advantage Bank.

Designed by Chicago based Solomon Cordwell Buenz, 505 will feature 45 floors with a total of 500 units, the upper third of which are designed to be potentially be sold as condominium residences. Both 505 and the adjacent, MDHA garage will be delivered by late-2017.

[...]

http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/...lle-high-rise/

Last edited by desertpunk; April 16th, 2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old April 17th, 2015, 08:04 PM   #54
wreynol4

Likes (Received): 72

Two questions.

1) What happened to MYRDI?

2) When should this start to be built? I mean if they are on track to deliver it in 2017 and that's assuming late 2017 that's just 2 years from now. The SoBro and Bridgestone building's are being delivered in late 2017 also and each of them are already well under construction. I no I am in the minority and hope it works out but I still think something is going to happen again where the design will change slightly as they will scale back the tower slightly once more. It's Tony's calling card.

wreynol4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 07:09 PM   #55
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreynol4 View Post
Two questions.

1) What happened to MYRDI?

2) When should this start to be built? I mean if they are on track to deliver it in 2017 and that's assuming late 2017 that's just 2 years from now. The SoBro and Bridgestone building's are being delivered in late 2017 also and each of them are already well under construction. I no I am in the minority and hope it works out but I still think something is going to happen again where the design will change slightly as they will scale back the tower slightly once more. It's Tony's calling card.
Firstly, I wish I knew what happened to MYRDI

Secondly the tower is in prep phase with garage construction imminent. Giarratana still needs financing to build the tower but he's got some money to begin. Mezzanine financing requires the sale of enough units so if the demand in Nashville warrants...

Old December 16th, 2015, 12:05 AM   #56
musiccity
Retired Mod

Likes (Received): 15090

Construction has officially commenced, the Prep stage is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_TN View Post
** First construction photo **

Taken 2pm Sunday, 12/13/2015

Ok, not much going on yet! But work is well underway!
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

-Mark Twain
musiccity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2016, 12:01 AM   #57
tateyb

Likes (Received): 368

Construction Begins on 45-Storey 505 Project

Quote:
Featuring a design by Solomon Cordwell Buenz, the tower will also contain two 800-square-foot retail spaces and a large restaurant. According to the project's webcam which shows a deep excavated pit where the tower will rise, construction on the development has started. The adjacent parking garage is now reaching ground level. The $169 million project should be ready for occupancy by the last quarter of 2017.

505 on the Nashville skyline, image via Halvorson and Partners
Old May 21st, 2016, 09:39 PM   #58
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis

Likes (Received): 1128

This tower is now at least three or four floors above street level, the core that is. Pictures to come.

OnePointWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2016, 08:46 PM   #59
hotwheels123

Likes (Received): 316

Giarratana Development's 505 on the rise in central Nashville

Quote:
In the six months since our last update on Giarratana Development's 45-storey 505 condo tower currently on the rise in central Nashville, progress has been moving along well, with the first few floors of the structure now reaching above grade. Designed by Solomon Cordwell Buenz, the $169 million tower, set to become Music City's second tallest upon its completion in late 2017, will soon be home to 500 residential units along with a mix of retail and restaurant spaces at its base.
hotwheels123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2016, 08:48 AM   #60
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis

Likes (Received): 1128

By: donNdonelson2
https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/p...donndonelson2/

Tags
505, 505 cst, giaratana, nashville, paramount