daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Photography, Heritage and Architecture

Photography, Heritage and Architecture Participate in the FPC, the weekly Filipino Photo Contest

Old November 28th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #81
manileņo
i am megi

Likes (Received): 6

i mean many buildings in the Philippines are trash.. i mean look at those rectangles. If they were to build short buildings in the provinces, they might as well copy Intramuros and go art-deco. Makes it more pleasant to look at, despite its size. That's what we're lacking in our cityscapes. Peace
manileņo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 28th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #82
manileņo
i am megi

Likes (Received): 6

i mean many buildings in the Philippines are trash.. i mean look at those rectangles. If they were to build short buildings in the provinces, they might as well copy Intramuros and go art-deco. Makes it more pleasant to look at, despite its size. That's what we're lacking in our cityscapes. Peace
manileņo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #83
drfeelgood17
drfeelgood17

Likes (Received): 22

[QUOTE=dancethingy]More pics More pic More pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@dudz, well my BF and I actually circled all of intramuros cause we got lost on our way to Fort Santiago, hehehehe. Good times Good times.

I think this is a bank in Intramuros

This building is actually where the old Palacio del gobernador used to be.
drfeelgood17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #84
drfeelgood17
drfeelgood17

Likes (Received): 22

[QUOTE=dancethingy]More pics More pic More pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@dudz, well my BF and I actually circled all of intramuros cause we got lost on our way to Fort Santiago, hehehehe. Good times Good times.

I think this is a bank in Intramuros

This building is actually where the old Palacio del gobernador used to be.
drfeelgood17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:23 AM   #85
Animo
I'm Watching You

Likes (Received): 133

Manila Intramuros banners

Manila intramuros restored building & cathedral

Restored wood and stone Hispanic style building in Intramuros, Manila's walled city. On the left is Manila Cathedral

Despite war damage, it's not difficult to imagine how Intramuros must have looked during the Spanish era.

Manila Intramuros religious picture & shrine

Religious picture and shrine on the side of a street in Intramuros, Manila's walled city.

Last edited by Animo; November 30th, 2005 at 05:05 AM.
Animo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:23 AM   #86
Animo
I'm Watching You

Manila Intramuros banners

Manila intramuros restored building & cathedral

Restored wood and stone Hispanic style building in Intramuros, Manila's walled city. On the left is Manila Cathedral

Despite war damage, it's not difficult to imagine how Intramuros must have looked during the Spanish era.

Manila Intramuros religious picture & shrine

Religious picture and shrine on the side of a street in Intramuros, Manila's walled city.
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #87
Animo
I'm Watching You

Manila Intramuros derelict building

Derelict building inside Intramuros, the old walled city of Manila.

Intramuros was very badly damaged in World War 2 and has been partially reconstructed.

Manila Intramuros facade

Traditional facade in Manila's old walled city named Intramuros, literally 'inside the walls'.

Intramuros has been quite well restored, but it will never again look how it did before the outbreak of World War 2.

Manila Intramuros St Augustine's Church facade

Spanish style church in Intramuros, the old town of Manila first founded by the Spanish in the 16th century.
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #88
Animo
I'm Watching You

Manila Intramuros derelict building

Derelict building inside Intramuros, the old walled city of Manila.

Intramuros was very badly damaged in World War 2 and has been partially reconstructed.

Manila Intramuros facade

Traditional facade in Manila's old walled city named Intramuros, literally 'inside the walls'.

Intramuros has been quite well restored, but it will never again look how it did before the outbreak of World War 2.

Manila Intramuros St Augustine's Church facade

Spanish style church in Intramuros, the old town of Manila first founded by the Spanish in the 16th century.

Last edited by Animo; November 30th, 2005 at 05:06 AM.
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:29 AM   #89
Animo
I'm Watching You

Corregidor Philippines and United States flags with cannon

Manila Fort Bonifacio entrance carvings

Manila University of Santo Tomas flower

Old November 29th, 2005, 07:29 AM   #90
Animo
I'm Watching You

Corregidor Philippines and United States flags with cannon

Manila Fort Bonifacio entrance carvings

Manila University of Santo Tomas flower

Last edited by Animo; November 30th, 2005 at 05:08 AM.
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:31 AM   #91
Animo
I'm Watching You

Philippines Corregidor staff car of General Douglas McArthur

The car used by General Douglas McArthur during his tour of duty in the Philippines has ben set up as a museumpiece on the island of Corregidor, now a major visitor destination in the Philippines

The car which carried General McArthur all around the Philippines has now found its final resting place next to the remains of what was once the cinema in the American barracks.

Philippines Corregidor Island: Japanese statue

Japanese-style Shinto statue at the Japanese memorial on the island of Corregidor, Philippines. The representation of a mother and three children commemorates the Japanese soldiers who died in action on the island of Corregidor during World War II.

Corredigor island is one of the most potent and memorable war-related historical sites in the world.

Philippines Manila City Hall Tower

View of the tower of Manila City Hall from Intramuros, the old walled city, looking over an old canon.

The clock tower of Manila City Hall (built 1939) as seen from the east side of Intramuros, the walled city of Manila.

Manila City Hall is one of the best known symbols of Manila, but is not so well known around the world.
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:31 AM   #92
Animo
I'm Watching You

Philippines Corregidor staff car of General Douglas McArthur

The car used by General Douglas McArthur during his tour of duty in the Philippines has ben set up as a museumpiece on the island of Corregidor, now a major visitor destination in the Philippines

The car which carried General McArthur all around the Philippines has now found its final resting place next to the remains of what was once the cinema in the American barracks.

Philippines Corregidor Island: Japanese statue

Japanese-style Shinto statue at the Japanese memorial on the island of Corregidor, Philippines. The representation of a mother and three children commemorates the Japanese soldiers who died in action on the island of Corregidor during World War II.

Corredigor island is one of the most potent and memorable war-related historical sites in the world.

Philippines Manila City Hall Tower

View of the tower of Manila City Hall from Intramuros, the old walled city, looking over an old canon.

The clock tower of Manila City Hall (built 1939) as seen from the east side of Intramuros, the walled city of Manila.

Manila City Hall is one of the best known symbols of Manila, but is not so well known around the world.

Last edited by Animo; November 30th, 2005 at 05:09 AM.
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:33 AM   #93
Animo
I'm Watching You

Philippines Corregidor Island: Ruins of Topside Barracks

During the early 20th century a large number of American soldiers were based on Corregidor, the tiny but strategically important island which stands at the entrance to Manila Bay. After invasion by Japan in 1941, the island was re-taken by the Americans in 1944. Most of the buildings were severely damaged in the conflict and have been left as a memorial to war.

Find out more about Corregidor on the website of the Corregidor Historic Society http:// ***************

The abandoned US barracks on Corregidor Island are a potent reminder of the military presence of America in the Philippines, and of the destructiveness of war.

Manila UP Church of the Holy Sacrifice traditional chapel

Within the futuristic Church of the Holy Sacrifice is a chapel which features a traditional style bamboo interior and a portrait of the Madonna and child in a setting of the Philippines.

The Philippines is a striking combination of Spanish-style religious devotion with the crafts and traditions of south east Asia.

Manila University of Santo Tomas bird girl statue

Sculpture of a winged female figure, part of a fountain in the garden at Manila University of Santo Tomas.

The architecture and character of this university built in the 19th century under Spanish rule has a very strong hispanic character.
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:33 AM   #94
Animo
I'm Watching You

Philippines Corregidor Island: Ruins of Topside Barracks

During the early 20th century a large number of American soldiers were based on Corregidor, the tiny but strategically important island which stands at the entrance to Manila Bay. After invasion by Japan in 1941, the island was re-taken by the Americans in 1944. Most of the buildings were severely damaged in the conflict and have been left as a memorial to war.

Find out more about Corregidor on the website of the Corregidor Historic Society http:// ***************

The abandoned US barracks on Corregidor Island are a potent reminder of the military presence of America in the Philippines, and of the destructiveness of war.

Manila UP Church of the Holy Sacrifice traditional chapel

Within the futuristic Church of the Holy Sacrifice is a chapel which features a traditional style bamboo interior and a portrait of the Madonna and child in a setting of the Philippines.

The Philippines is a striking combination of Spanish-style religious devotion with the crafts and traditions of south east Asia.

Manila University of Santo Tomas bird girl statue

Sculpture of a winged female figure, part of a fountain in the garden at Manila University of Santo Tomas.

The architecture and character of this university built in the 19th century under Spanish rule has a very strong hispanic character.

Last edited by Animo; November 30th, 2005 at 05:09 AM.
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:35 AM   #95
Animo
I'm Watching You

Manila University of Santo Tomas Statue and Tower

Statue outside the main building of the University of Santo Tomas in Manila. UST was founded in 1611 when the Philippines was part of the Spanish empire.

Manila University of Santo Tomas statue and clock

This statue stands outside the main building of the University of Santo Tomas in downtown Manila. The university was founded in 1611 when the Philippines was under Spanish rule. These buildings date from the 19th century.

Like many heritage locations in the Philippines, the UST campus is a remarkable mixture of Spanish-style architecture in a tropical south east Asian setting.

Manila UST old hospital facade

Hispanic style facade and entrance to University of Santo Tomas. The facade is painted pastel pink and white and dates from the 19th century.

In certain parts of Asia you get a kind of 'environmental disorientation' - Looking at the buildings you think you're in Spain or Latin America but actually you're on the other side of the world.
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:35 AM   #96
Animo
I'm Watching You

Manila University of Santo Tomas Statue and Tower

Statue outside the main building of the University of Santo Tomas in Manila. UST was founded in 1611 when the Philippines was part of the Spanish empire.

Manila University of Santo Tomas statue and clock

This statue stands outside the main building of the University of Santo Tomas in downtown Manila. The university was founded in 1611 when the Philippines was under Spanish rule. These buildings date from the 19th century.

Like many heritage locations in the Philippines, the UST campus is a remarkable mixture of Spanish-style architecture in a tropical south east Asian setting.

Manila UST old hospital facade

Hispanic style facade and entrance to University of Santo Tomas. The facade is painted pastel pink and white and dates from the 19th century.

In certain parts of Asia you get a kind of 'environmental disorientation' - Looking at the buildings you think you're in Spain or Latin America but actually you're on the other side of the world.

Last edited by Animo; November 30th, 2005 at 05:10 AM.
Old November 29th, 2005, 08:04 AM   #97
renell
Here Since 2002

Likes (Received): 4

some of those pics are going outside Intrams...
Old November 29th, 2005, 08:04 AM   #98
renell
Here Since 2002

Likes (Received): 4

Old November 29th, 2005, 08:18 AM   #99
Animo
I'm Watching You

Quote:
Originally Posted by renell
I could find a thread that can be posted by those "other pictures"
They look so nice and professionally done.

Manila statue of Jose Rizal in Rizal Park

Nighttime view of the floodlit statue of national hero Jose Rizal, situated in Rizal Park in downtown Manila.

Manila University of Santo Tomas main building and trees

Looking up the tree-lined central pathway leading to the main building of the University of Santo Tomas in Manila.

The historic UST campus is, I believe, a source of pride for UST graduates. For comparison, take a look at the campus of Trinity College Dublin where I studied Modern Languages (German and French) from 1976 to 1981.
Old November 29th, 2005, 08:18 AM   #100
Animo
I'm Watching You

Quote:
Originally Posted by renell
I could find a thread that can be posted by those "other pictures"
They look so nice and professionally done.

Manila statue of Jose Rizal in Rizal Park

Nighttime view of the floodlit statue of national hero Jose Rizal, situated in Rizal Park in downtown Manila.

Manila University of Santo Tomas main building and trees

Looking up the tree-lined central pathway leading to the main building of the University of Santo Tomas in Manila.

The historic UST campus is, I believe, a source of pride for UST graduates. For comparison, take a look at the campus of Trinity College Dublin where I studied Modern Languages (German and French) from 1976 to 1981.

Last edited by Animo; November 30th, 2005 at 05:11 AM.

Tags
manila, philippines