daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 01:56 AM   #41
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

I think it's Poznań

SP-LPC

Last edited by lukaszek89; November 2nd, 2011 at 02:09 AM.
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2011, 06:30 AM   #42
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18140

Is the plane a write-off or they can fix the belly and let it fly again?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 05:16 PM   #43
Bart_LCY
Arae et foci

Likes (Received): 820

They will assess the damage in a next couple of days, team of experts from Seattle it's on the way to Warsaw. Then they will make decision.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:26 PM   #44
lukaszek89
BANNED

LOT is still waiting for Dreamliners

Old November 14th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #45
deasine
=)

Likes (Received): 57

#JP/LO/MA/OK/OU/RO | Central and Eastern Europe-Based Carriers

Quote:
LOT Polish Airlines back to full long-haul capacity

LOT Polish Airlines are now back to full long-haul capacity nearly two weeks after one of its Boeings 767 crash-landed with gear up in Warsaw. The airline has leased a similar aircraft from Ukrainian Aerosvit. Warsaw, Poland. 8th November 2011

Nearly two weeks after Boeing 767-300ER of LOT Polish Airlines has crash-landed in Warsaw with gear up, the airline has returned to full capacity of five wide-body aircrafts. New addition to the fleet is a Boeing 767-300ER from Ukrainian Aerosvit airlines. It has been leased until mid-January, when the original aircraft is expected to be back in service again.

On November 1st LOT's Boeing 767 registered SP-LPC, enroute from Newark as LO 16 flight, suffered a failure of central hydraulics system. In effect the gear could not be lowered on landing and the aircraft with 220 passengers and 11 crew on board belly landed in Warsaw. No one was injured, but the damaged aircraft blocked both runways and the main airport in Poland remained closed for about 30 hours. Approximately 20 thousand passengers were affected by delays, cancellations and divertions.

After the aircraft has been finally towed to the maintenance base, both Boeing and LOT technicians determined the damages to be smaller than expected. "Repairs will likely take about one month", says Tomasz Balcerzak, COO of LOT Polish Airlines. The aircraft is now unavailable for the airline or the manufacturer, as the National Commission of Air Crashes Examination (PKBWL) is investigating the case. Date of return into service depends mostly on how long will the PKBWL take, but also on the availability of spare parts.

LOT Polish Airlines operates on five long-haul destinations: Newark, New York-JFK and Chicago O'Hare in the US, Toronto and Hanoi in Vietnam. The leased aircraft, which is staffed by Ukrainian crews, will only be flying to Canada and Vietnam. "No flights were cancelled due to shortage of planes", explains Leszek Chorzewski, Press Officer of LOT, "but it was not possible to operate with only four Boeings 767 for any longer".

LOT is the launch customer of Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft in Europe. First planes were originally scheduled for delivery in 2008, but are now expected not earlier than fourth quarter of 2012. This delay forced the airline to extend service of five Boeings 767. The average age of long-haul fleet of the Warsaw-based carrier is nearly 18 years.
(Demotix, 2011)
deasine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #46
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14457

@ Lviv International

http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=60644&size=large
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #47
lukaszek89
BANNED

Boeing 787 for LOT

Old April 11th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #48
lukaszek89
BANNED

Embraer 195 SP-LND

Last edited by lukaszek89; April 12th, 2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #49
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 169

Would be nice to see some of Eurolot Q400 pics posted As well, it is worth mentioning that a new Polish carrier OLT Express has launched service this year in Poland.

The carrier will have a fleet of over 20 aircraft by the end of 2012:

7x A320
6x A319
7x ATR 72
2x ATR 42
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #50
lukaszek89
BANNED

it seems that we have another Polish carrier (charter)

Bingo airlines

they should start operating soon with A320
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #51
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62824

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
As well, it is worth mentioning that a new Polish carrier OLT Express has launched service this year in Poland.

The carrier will have a fleet of over 20 aircraft by the end of 2012:

7x A320
6x A319
7x ATR 72
2x ATR 42
And the last couple of days they have announced all the European routes they will start from 29 October 2012

Rzeszow – Amsterdam 3 weekly
Rzeszow – Dortmund 3 weekly
Rzeszow – Hamburg 2 weekly
Rzeszow – Memmingen 2 weekly
Rzeszow – Oslo 2 weekly
Rzeszow – Paris Orly 3 weekly
Rzeszow – Rome 3 weekly
http://airlineroute.net/2012/04/20/o2-fy12/

1 Daily Warsaw – Amsterdam
1 Daily Warsaw – Brussels
1 Daily Warsaw – Cologne
3 weekly Warsaw – Frankfurt Hahn
3 weekly Warsaw – Gothenburg
1 Daily Warsaw – Hamburg
1 Daily Warsaw – London Gatwick
3 weekly Warsaw – Lyon
1 Daily Warsaw – Memmingen
3 weekly Warsaw – Milan Bergamo
2 weekly Warsaw – Muenster
3 weekly Warsaw – Paris Orly
3 weekly Warsaw – Rome
2 weekly Warsaw – Saarbruecken
1 Daily Warsaw – Stuttgart
2 weekly Warsaw – Venice
2 weekly Warsaw – Verona
http://airlineroute.net/2012/04/24/o2-waw-w12/

1 Daily Gdansk – Amsterdam
1 Daily Gdansk – Brussels
1 Daily Gdansk – Cologne
3 weekly Gdansk – Frankfurt Hahn
1 Daily Gdansk – Hamburg
1 Daily Gdansk – London Gatwick
2 weekly Gdansk – Marseille
1 Daily Gdansk – Memmingen
2 weekly Gdansk – Paris Orly
1 weekly Gdansk – Reykjavik
3 weekly Gdansk – Rome
2 weekly Gdansk – Venice
2 weekly Gdansk – Verona
1 weekly Lodz – Barcelona
1 weekly Lodz – Edinburgh
2 weekly Lodz – Frankfurt Hahn
2 weekly Lodz – Paris Orly
2 weekly Lodz – Rome
http://airlineroute.net/2012/04/24/o2-gdn-w12/

2 weekly Bydgoszcz – Bristol
2 weekly Bydgoszcz – Cork
2 weekly Bydgoszcz – Dortmund
2 weekly Bydgoszcz – Edinburgh
3 weekly Bydgoszcz – Frankfurt Hahn
2 weekly Bydgoszcz – Liverpool
2 weekly Bydgoszcz – London Gatwick
2 weekly Bydgoszcz – Milan Bergamo
2 weekly Bydgoszcz – Memmingen
2 weekly Bydgoszcz – Newcastle
2 weekly Bydgoszcz – Paris Orly
2 weekly Bydgoszcz – Rome
http://airlineroute.net/2012/04/25/o2-bzg-w12/

And I wouldn't be surprised if they will also announce European routes from Poznan and Szczecin in the next few days.

That's a very ambitious start-up of international operations, maybe a bit too ambitious for a new airline.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #52
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

I would definitely switch this thread name to : LOT Polish Airlines or so because the rest doesn't count in here.
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #53
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
I would definitely switch this thread name to : LOT Polish Airlines or so because the rest doesn't count in here.
I agree.... MA is gone, JP? The bankers are looking to get cash back asap. I would not even book with them.. OU will feel the heat as soon as GULF carriers push LH. RO is a bigger airline so I can't predict.
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:22 PM   #54
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

OU doesn't need Gulf carriers to feel the heat, they're a badly run airline with no common sense, nor credible vision, or feasable business plan just like all the other airlines in the region.

They'll really feel the heat next year once Croatia enters the EU, and subsidies are a thing of the past.

I'm surprised Adria is still around, they're numbers are doing a belly flop.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:07 PM   #55
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
OU doesn't need Gulf carriers to feel the heat, they're a badly run airline with no common sense, nor credible vision, or feasable business plan just like all the other airlines in the region.

They'll really feel the heat next year once Croatia enters the EU, and subsidies are a thing of the past.

IMHO they are out of luck. Even smaller airports are overtaking Ljubljana, so I can't see who is going to transit via LJU. The rest that are stuck with Star monopoly, they will flock to places like BEG and pocket the savings. These days everyone is looking each penny.(Even in the western World). I am 100% sure many Slovenians use Vienna/Venice. That's why Ljubljana is reporting 18% slump on pax numbers. Now LH/Star can just flood the market with their regional jets, but what about the workers who will get laid off due to negative trend at Ljubljana airport.....
Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:44 AM   #56
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9721

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
These days everyone is looking each penny.(Even in the western World). I am 100% sure many Slovenians use Vienna/Venice.
what?!?.EVERYONE?!REALLY?!looking at each penny?!?
;how dare you said that???
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:39 AM   #57
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post

I think Lufthansa is starting to fly out of DBV during the winter. So they are starting to push OU out of their way. That's what they did to JAT at BEG. They want to serve BEG four times a day from FRA/MUC, as result, LH axed codeshare and mile reward miles program. If it was not for SkyTeam, Jat would be out of luck. I can just imagine what's going on in Budapest...
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:43 AM   #58
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62824

Are there still talks about the forming of one big former Yugoslavian airline? That was always seen as one of the options to safe the individual airlines. But since it will be politically loaded it won't be an easy solution.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #59
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
Are there still talks about the forming of one big former Yugoslavian airline? That was always seen as one of the options to safe the individual airlines. But since it will be politically loaded it won't be an easy solution.
I don't see this happening anytime soon. They all have very difefrent fleet, markets and traffic. On top of all that, I simply don't see any benefits. Jat would want to focus on BEG, and that's what they should do. The coastal airports in Croatia are overflooded with lowcost carriers. So Jat has a old and sort of new strategy which is to link them with BEG and take it from there. Jat airways already have strong presence in Macedonia and Montenegro. I just think it's too early for us in Serbia to merge with the rest of airlines from the old country. Since visas were removed in 2009, Belgrade airport has been booming and developing very nicely. Jat is not in goodshape, but that's due to 20 year old isolation and embargo. They are just starting to make use of their B733. During the embargo, these airplanes were simply too big to operate, and there is ten of them.

Not that I want to take away anything from Slovenia and Croatia, but I think their airports have reached their potential. On top of that, Slovenians use Vienna/Venice and that's about it. I don't see how we can merge as one airline. The reality is that Star alliance has fragmented this market with their monopoly, and the damage is done. Lufthansa is dominating this region by scooping up the transit passengers, and that's about it.
Old August 24th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #60
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

While we're on the subject of Belgrade airport it has come to my attention that a relative of mine has booked a ticket with FlyDubai in Zagreb.

The company has organized van/mini bus pick up in Zagreb for all they're customers, and they drive them to Belgrade for the FlyDubai flight. From what I hear they have a very good pax count.

My relative basically says it's the same time frame as driving to Vienna Airport from Zagreb with out the hastle. That's if your flying Emirates with out the connection from ZAG.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
european airlines, poland, star alliance