daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises

Highrises Discussions of projects under construction between 100-199m/300-649ft tall.
» Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 15th, 2011, 01:06 AM   #1
Azer_Akhundov

Likes (Received): 6488

BAKU | CBA Tower | 141m | 32 fl | U/C

Under the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan land is allocated in Haydar Aliyev Avenue to construct a new administrative building for the Central Bank. The present administrative building of the Central Bank of Azerbaijan was built and put in commission in 1998. The building that had modern design and infrastructure at that time was designed for 200 employees.

The scale of the country’s economy has grown in the past period, and given the deeper integration of the country into global economy, the widened scope of activity of the bank has necessitated creation of new management and functional infrastructural units. Operations of the Researches and Development Center, Credit Registry Service, launch of departments engaged in Communication and Strategic Management problems are among the examples of new management units in the Central Bank. It is not fortuitous that the number of employees of the Central Bank has increased in the past period and reached 500, the number is expected to go up in future. Therefore, it is necessary to construct a new administrative building of the Central Bank.

Researches were conducted to that end, and a number of well-known companies submitted their concepts reflecting up-to-date technologies for the construction of the administrative building of the CBA, and projects implemented by reputable European architectural companies were studied. As a result of researches, an internationally recognized Austrian company “COOPHIMMELB (l)AU” that implemented the project of the new administrative building for the European Central Bank, was selected for the implementation of the project of the new administrative building of the Central Bank.

The design of the building factors in such criteria as modernity, unique appearance, as well as skyscraper-ness. In light of the rapid increase of demand for cash caused by the growing economy of the country, the project includes creation of the Cash Center meeting international standards. At the same time, beginning of gold mining and forecasts about its future growth necessitate creation of a repository for gold reserves and this issue will also be addressed in the new building.

In light of management and functional development perspectives of the Central Bank for 20-25 years in line with the world practice, the project covers all infrastructures, conference halls, various training rooms, car parking, a library and a museum of the CBA open for citizens.
Currently the new management building is at the designing phase and no final decision has been taken.

http://www.cbar.az/releases/2011/01/19/20110119-02/
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=az

Highcliff, Kutsuit liked this post

Last edited by sieradzanin1; June 13th, 2014 at 11:33 AM.
Azer_Akhundov no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2011, 01:58 AM   #2
Cliff
Tan

Likes (Received): 172

wow! really nice, any construction pics?
Cliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #3
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 7544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
wow! really nice, any construction pics?
Unfortunately we still do not have any construction pictures. Meanwhile, from what I have seen on the last time I visited Baku they were finishing the works on digging the hole. I think soon there gonna be an official grounbreaking ceremony with participation of state officials
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #4
DimaF
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azer_Akhundov View Post
Under the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan land is allocated in Haydar Aliyev Avenue to construct a new administrative building for the Central Bank. The present administrative building of the Central Bank of Azerbaijan was built and put in commission in 1998. The building that had modern design and infrastructure at that time was designed for 200 employees.

The scale of the country’s economy has grown in the past period, and given the deeper integration of the country into global economy, the widened scope of activity of the bank has necessitated creation of new management and functional infrastructural units. Operations of the Researches and Development Center, Credit Registry Service, launch of departments engaged in Communication and Strategic Management problems are among the examples of new management units in the Central Bank. It is not fortuitous that the number of employees of the Central Bank has increased in the past period and reached 500, the number is expected to go up in future. Therefore, it is necessary to construct a new administrative building of the Central Bank.

Researches were conducted to that end, and a number of well-known companies submitted their concepts reflecting up-to-date technologies for the construction of the administrative building of the CBA, and projects implemented by reputable European architectural companies were studied. As a result of researches, an internationally recognized Austrian company “COOPHIMMELB (l)AU” that implemented the project of the new administrative building for the European Central Bank, was selected for the implementation of the project of the new administrative building of the Central Bank.

The design of the building factors in such criteria as modernity, unique appearance, as well as skyscraper-ness. In light of the rapid increase of demand for cash caused by the growing economy of the country, the project includes creation of the Cash Center meeting international standards. At the same time, beginning of gold mining and forecasts about its future growth necessitate creation of a repository for gold reserves and this issue will also be addressed in the new building.

In light of management and functional development perspectives of the Central Bank for 20-25 years in line with the world practice, the project covers all infrastructures, conference halls, various training rooms, car parking, a library and a museum of the CBA open for citizens.
Currently the new management building is at the designing phase and no final decision has been taken.

http://www.cbar.az/releases/2011/01/19/20110119-02/
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=az
remind my of Frankfurt european cental bank
DimaF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #5
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimaF View Post
remind my of Frankfurt european cental bank
Both projects have the same architect
Old November 16th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Dylan Leblanc
Skyscraper Overlord

Likes (Received): 51

Map location, next to the Sofaz Tower - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/map...10000&z=15&t=k
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Azer_Akhundov

Construction update - February 12, 2012
Photos by user emsybax :

Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:16 PM   #8
Azer_Akhundov

Some more renderings:

Source: http://www.coop-himmelblau.at

Highcliff liked this post
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #9
Azer_Akhundov

Start of construction: 2013
Estimated completion: 2015

http://www.coop-himmelblau.at/archit...ank-azerbaijan
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #10
BaKuCiTy

Likes (Received): 591

cool, nice project
BaKuCiTy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #11
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

That twisting base looks fantastic
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #12
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28167

very nice and modern design.
Eric Offereins está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #13
Azer_Akhundov

As the sewer line is passing through the construction site, works are not going for now. After a few months, new line will be built and construction will go in full speed.

You can see the sewer line in this photo:

Photos by user nicat111

Old June 17th, 2013, 02:44 AM   #14
Azer_Akhundov

There will be two towers with concrete core and steel frames around them:

http://www.ural.com.tr/

Old June 18th, 2013, 04:30 AM   #15
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

azer akhundov......impressive structure....
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:21 AM   #16
matsusaka32
matsusaka32

Location: Gran Alhaurín de la Torre, 12º corona metropolitana
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabitova View Post
Урааа! Похоже, определились с генподрядчиком. Это AECOM!

AECOM has been selected to provide project and cost management services for the new Central Bank of Azerbaijan headquarters in Baku, Azerbaijan.

The high-rise development will comprise two 32- and 28-floor towers, with a glass atrium interconnecting them. Once complete, the building will be 141 metres high, providing office space for approximately 1,100 bank employees, along with conference and training facilities, a sports area, museum and a restaurant. Below ground will comprise mainly of parking and technical plant.

The building design incorporates sustainable energy concepts for cooling and heating.

Источник
Hi everyone,

I asked this in the Azeri forum but I got no response.

Would you happen to know if AECOM is also in charge of the construction or if they awarded it to other company?

As far as I know, it was CCC (Consolidated Construction Company) that was gonna be responsible for this, but I ain't sure if they're working in this project or they just dismissed it. These building works seem to have been halted for some time...

Thanks in advance.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:26 AM   #17
Bligh

Likes (Received): 796

Awesome design!

But it seriously reminds me of the new European Central Bank HQ in Frankfurt.
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:30 AM   #18
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
Awesome design!

But it seriously reminds me of the new European Central Bank HQ in Frankfurt.
Architect is the same - Austrian-based Coop-Himmelb(l)au
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM   #19
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsusaka32 View Post
Hi everyone,

I asked this in the Azeri forum but I got no response.

Would you happen to know if AECOM is also in charge of the construction or if they awarded it to other company?

As far as I know, it was CCC (Consolidated Construction Company) that was gonna be responsible for this, but I ain't sure if they're working in this project or they just dismissed it. These building works seem to have been halted for some time...

Thanks in advance.
AECOM is only construction and cost manager for this project. There is ongoing tender on general contractor which has not been picked up yet.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM   #20
Bligh

Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
Architect is the same - Austrian-based Coop-Himmelb(l)au
ahhh that explains a lot then! haha, great development!
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke

Galandar liked this post
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote