daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Hrvatski Forum > Croatia > Dalmacija > Završeni projekti

Closed Thread

Old May 5th, 2005, 07:15 AM   #61
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 65

A metro wont be happening in Split, although it would be highly interesting in a way similar to the Athens subway which took ages as countless artefacts kept being unearthed.

It would be the same for former Roman Split and all the treasures that lay beneath the city.

As Mick said, its too small for metro but the trams are most likely going to make a comeback.

I have heard that a new inter-city bus station is planned. One of many projects under consideration for Split (Spalato)
SinCity no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old May 19th, 2005, 05:48 AM   #62
SinCity
Streetwalker

Brodarica Project Update

Pics from 3 weeks ago. This is probably one of the biggest developments happening in Split ....

One of the interesting things with this project was the uncovering of the Roman era undeground aqueduct. It was removed delicately in the initial construction and now it is pictured here being returned to the site ....

Project render .....

SinCity no está en línea  
Old May 19th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #63
AstroBoy

Likes (Received): 2

Is there anything more known about the highrise office tower proposal. It looks to be about 100m. Does anyone know who the investor is?
AstroBoy no está en línea  
Old May 20th, 2005, 07:22 AM   #64
SinCity
Streetwalker

This new office tower for Split will indeed be more interesting .... if we ever get more details on who is behind it.
SinCity no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2005, 05:39 AM   #65
ice-man

Likes (Received): 0

Does anybody know whats the story regarding the old fountain on the riva. Is it going to be rebuilt? I hope it is. (Why was it knocked down in the first place?)
ice-man no está en línea  
Old May 23rd, 2005, 03:15 AM   #66
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-man
Does anybody know whats the story regarding the old fountain on the riva. Is it going to be rebuilt? I hope it is. (Why was it knocked down in the first place?)
"The Riva" is being totally rennovated so maybe they removed the fountain so as to repair it in anticipation of returning it. I'll see if I can find some pics of the new look Riva.
SinCity no está en línea  
Old May 23rd, 2005, 03:19 AM   #67
SinCity
Streetwalker

Ice-man this is all I can find for now on the new look Riva. I'm not sure on the fountain .....

SinCity no está en línea  
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:29 PM   #68
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-man
To tell you the truth, I didnt even have a clue that some fountain was ever there, now i learnt something new

According to this, i would say that the fountain is gonna be rebuilt

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea  
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:37 PM   #69
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

'dok mi piturajemo fasadu, vi citajte Jutarnji list'

(welcome to Split)

Old May 24th, 2005, 02:00 AM   #70
SinCity
Streetwalker

Very nice to see that fountain get rennovated. I cant even remember it either and I'm quite familiar with Split. LOL
SinCity no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 06:59 PM   #71
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

Likes (Received): 4

that was a very good comparison, between rome vs. milan and rijeka vs. split

a tram system in split and rijeka would be great. its all strategic. it will cost money to lay down the tracks, but you'll be helping Cro-Tram out so much and be creating so many new jobs (and best of all, have a quick, pre-determined route thru the city) that the benefits of a tram line thru rijeka and split would be astronomical. plus they look cool

i was just wondering, could Cro-Tram build that new tram (the roundlooking, low floor one that was just rolled out recently) with just 3 cabins instead of 5? for use on shorter lines? thats mostly all that split or rijeka would need.

i mean, tram lines in osijek use only one tram car, and old round Tatra.

Zagreb bought 70 of these new Cro-Tram 2200 trams over the course of 3 years. what will happen to all those other trams? do they go to osijek? may they be sold/donated to sarajevo or skopje (does skopje have trams?)? cause 70 of these new huge 2200 trams will be plenty to carry zagreb, i believe.

those still very cool 2100 three-cabin trams currently in zagreb could go right to osijek and look cool over there

no i dont remember the fountain either
OettingerCroat no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 10:11 PM   #72
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OettingerCroat
that was a very good comparison, between rome vs. milan and rijeka vs. split

a tram system in split and rijeka would be great. its all strategic. it will cost money to lay down the tracks, but you'll be helping Cro-Tram out so much and be creating so many new jobs (and best of all, have a quick, pre-determined route thru the city) that the benefits of a tram line thru rijeka and split would be astronomical. plus they look cool

i was just wondering, could Cro-Tram build that new tram (the roundlooking, low floor one that was just rolled out recently) with just 3 cabins instead of 5? for use on shorter lines? thats mostly all that split or rijeka would need.

i mean, tram lines in osijek use only one tram car, and old round Tatra.

Zagreb bought 70 of these new Cro-Tram 2200 trams over the course of 3 years. what will happen to all those other trams? do they go to osijek? may they be sold/donated to sarajevo or skopje (does skopje have trams?)? cause 70 of these new huge 2200 trams will be plenty to carry zagreb, i believe.

those still very cool 2100 three-cabin trams currently in zagreb could go right to osijek and look cool over there

no i dont remember the fountain either
I'm sure it can, Cro-tram consortium has already put its bid on few projects and Sofia in Bulgaria would/has already ordered 100 TMK 2200 trams, it is likely this ones would be 3 section trams rather than 5 section in Zagreb, btw. TMK2200 are probably one of the longest trams anywhere, most 5 section trams are only 28.5-30m long where's the TMK is 32m and can be even 40m long it all depends on specification to each client... As to TMK2100 they are staying where they are, no one will get this trams as production has ceased, only 17 trams (I think) where built and will probably be pushed in to night service. TYMK 2200 are probably going to replace all of the trams on Zagreb streets and order for 50 more trams over say 3 more years could be put and thus bring total number of TMK 2200 trams to 120, giving about 7+1 trams per line. If 3 more trams lines are to be constructed, lines 10, 16 and 18 (according to projected needs), than likely order of 30 more trams cold bring the number of TMK 2200 with ZET service to 150. Osijek, Split, Rijeka and other cities if they are to get tram systems would most likely be getting Cro-trams and this would secure jobs at the consortium for quite some time.

Old Zagreb trams, primarily of Czech origin will be scraped as well as Croatian made old-timers from 50's and 60's. Some Czech trams like articulated Tatra trams might donated as they are in quite good shape (40-50 trams in all).
Some German trams might be donated to Osijek as city already has 4-5 Germans in service, replacing all Tatra trams with in Osijek public transport would probably be best solution for city in short term - but say in 4-5 years city would definitely benefit from Cro-trams, I am pretty sure city would order at least 20 trams to replace all of its trams, this would most likely be only 3-section articulated trams. Split if it gets trams would require 5 tram lines same with Rijeka.
In former Yugoslavia very few cities had trams, Zagreb, Sarajevo, Osijek and Belgrade where only cities with this mode of transport, but Ljubljana is planning 5 tram lines and would be probably great candidate for Cro-trams.

Sarajevo atm can't afford new trams and donations from Slovaks and Czech's in recent years have covered some of the Sarajevo needs, perhaps in 5-10 years time they might order Cro-trams, who knows?

Sofia atm looks most likely candidate for Cro-trams and I'm sure we'll here more about this project when times comes.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion

Last edited by mic of Orion; May 30th, 2005 at 12:09 AM.
mic of Orion no está en línea  
Old June 22nd, 2005, 02:24 AM   #73
SinCity
Streetwalker

Split waterfront renewal ...

Property rights to a prominent 30,000 sqm site which once housed heavy industry has been resolved. The former "Dalmacija dd" metals factory has passed into ownership to the Tilija consortium which are proposing to transform the site into large complex of new apartments. The opposing purchase bid came from British Alucor group which wanted to revive the former factory but withdrew their offer on the privitisation bid.

While I do prefer jobs creation, especially for Split, the waterfront site is too nice for heavy industry. New industries in Split, as is the case with all Croatian cities are moving into new industrial/trade zones that are located away from residential areas.

former site ....

http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom...15931/index.do
SinCity no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2005, 05:29 AM   #74
SinCity
Streetwalker

Split's Hotel Marijan to get $26million Euro rennovation.

Split's well known "Hotel Marijan" is to get a massive rennovation, transforming one of the most prominent, yet run down hotels in the city to one of the best 5 stars on the coast. Since the early 90s, Hotel Marijan became heavily run down while it was used as emergency accommodation for both Croatian and Bosnian refugees fleeing the wars of the 1990s.

The multi level hotel occupies a prime waterfront location adjacent to the old city at the foot of the Marijan mountain. It will most likely re-open as the Split Hotel Radisson under the well known international chain. The current workforce is expected to be doubled after completion ...

The highrise Hotel Marijan as it looks now .....

HFP i Kerum potpisali ugovor o kupnji Hotela Marjan

Hotel Marjan najvjerojatnije će ući u svjetski hotelski lanac Radisson SAS
SPLIT - Predsjednik Hrvatskog fonda za privatizaciju Damir Ostović i direktor splitske tvrtke Neva Kerum d.o.o. Jakov Kerum, nećak vlasnika Kerum grupe, poznatog splitskog poduzetnika Željka Keruma, u utorak su potpisali ugovor o kupnji 87,83 posto udjela u vlasništvu tvrtke Adriatic d.d., vlasnika splitskog Hotela Marjan. Na temelju ugovora Neva Kerum će HFP-u u roku od 30 dana uplatiti 170 milijuna kuna, a u iduće dvije godine u obnovu potpuno devastiranog Hotela Marjan uložit će još 190 milijuna kuna. Željko Kerum najavljuje da će Marjan postati »biserom ovog dijela Mediterana« te da će imati pet zvjezdica i biti otvoren cijele godine, a najvjerojatnije će ući u lanac od 247 hotela svjetskog branda Radisson SAS.

»Ovo je veliki dan za Hotel Marjan i tvrtku Kerum, kao i za Split, cijelu Hrvatsku pa i HFP, budući da je ovo jedan od najboljih poslova koji smo sklopili u posljednje dvije godine. Očekujem da će Marjan postati najboljim splitskim hotelom i da će se lokalni poduzetnik i u ovome poslu pokazati uspješnim, kao što se pokazao i u trgovini«, kazao je Damir Ostović.

Željko Kerum je početak radova na obnovi hotela najavio već za 1. rujna. Rok dovršetka je dvije godine, no Kerum očekuje da će sve biti gotovo za 20 mjeseci, kada će Marjan otvoriti vrata svojim prvim gostima.

»Rokovi će ovisiti o brzini dobivanja suglasnosti za lokacijsku i građevinsku dozvolu od grada i županije. U konačnici, kada vratimo sve dugove hotela i kada ga obnovimo, očekujem da ćemo potrošiti 450 milijuna kuna. U Marjanu će, osim kongresnih dvorana, biti i spa-wellness centar. Na ovaj smo način pokazali kako je moguće da splitska tvrtka kupi splitsku tvrtku i da ona ostane u splitskim rukama, a da su poduzetnici to i do sada radili ne bi nam tolike tvrtke propale. Prioritet pri odabiru izvođača radova na obnovi također će imati splitska poduzeća«, najavio je Željko Kerum.

Odlukom Upravnog odbora HFP-a, Kerum je izabran kao najbolji ponuđač na natječaju za kupnju 87,83 posto dionica Adriatica, u sklopu kojeg je Hotel Marjan. Početna cijena na natječaju je bila 57,5 milijuna kuna, a Neva Kerum je ponudila 170 milijuna kuna uz dokapitalizaciju vlastitim sredstvima. Kerum će zadržati 101 zaposlenika, a kroz tri godine planira zaposliti dodatnih 113 radnika.

Keruma financijski prati HVB Splitska banka. Poslovni sustav Kerum zapošljava više od 2000 ljudi.
SinCity no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #75
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

hey im in split at my grandparents, and i didnt know that that apartment complex that u guys r talkin about is RIGHT IN FRONT of my apartment building. there are currently 5 cranes up, next to the old bus stop and a Raiffeisen bank nearby. its sure to be a spiffy looking building. also, they are renovating a whole bunch of these "stabenjaci," and getting rid of all these shitty Communist building facades. if the building of this complex was just 150 m farther south, it'd block my view of the Jadran! that would sux.....
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #76
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
hey im in split at my grandparents, and i didnt know that that apartment complex that u guys r talkin about is RIGHT IN FRONT of my apartment building. there are currently 5 cranes up, next to the old bus stop and a Raiffeisen bank nearby. its sure to be a spiffy looking building. also, they are renovating a whole bunch of these "stabenjaci," and getting rid of all these shitty Communist building facades. if the building of this complex was just 150 m farther south, it'd block my view of the Jadran! that would sux.....

Price of progress, lol

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea  
Old June 30th, 2005, 07:36 PM   #77
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Quote:
Well, you know how that one goes - a picture says a thousand words Why wouldn't you apply this magic formula while being in Split ?

Old July 1st, 2005, 03:12 AM   #78
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
Which apartment complex? There's lots of them coming up in Split.
SinCity no está en línea  
Old July 2nd, 2005, 10:47 PM   #79
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

its that 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 (how precise i am) story one with the blue and fuschia colored facades and the iron rails on the balconies..... ill try and fish it up from the last few pages on the thread.... also, ill be happy to take the pics, just theres hardly anything going on yet. just some concrete and steel cable. but ill takes some photos, i brought my kodak 4 MP camera with me
Old July 8th, 2005, 03:35 AM   #80
bokiii
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
A metro wont be happening in Split, although it would be highly interesting in a way similar to the Athens subway which took ages as countless artefacts kept being unearthed.

It would be the same for former Roman Split and all the treasures that lay beneath the city.

As Mick said, its too small for metro but the trams are most likely going to make a comeback.

I have heard that a new inter-city bus station is planned. One of many projects under consideration for Split (Spalato)
Anything interesting found from Roma timesin the las couple of years while building new buildings?
bokiii no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: