daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway > Oslo

Old January 20th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #81
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 272

An apartment-project by some British inverstors in Skei, Surnadal from a couple of years ago. Don't think (or hope) it ever will be built: http://www.countryclub.no

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 20th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #82
Galro

Likes (Received): 3116

Now that's an awesome render.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:20 PM   #83
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Likes (Received): 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCheese View Post
Pff, nothing can ever look as bad as this:

What's wrong with it? Why is a little bit of daring so bad?

A bureaucrat is a device for turning coffee into frustration.
Spearman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:03 PM   #84
espenhs
zing zing zoom

Likes (Received): 0

I wish we had something like that in Norway! If that wouldn't draw tourists I don't know what would.
espenhs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:35 AM   #85
essenze

Likes (Received): 20

It's kitchy, but fits right into the fairy tale style. I agree, it would be really cool to have something like that in the right place

".. Well, it's too late tonight
to drag the past out into the light.."
essenze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:42 AM   #86
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

The original discussion for it: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=44424566

Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:56 AM   #87
Sorenga

Likes (Received): 2

The further projecting of Bispevika is going to be very exciting. This project was my favorite of the four. This is certainly going to lift Bjørvika and mix the architectural expressions in the area.
Sorenga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #88
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

The Bispevika regulating is moving along. OSU have plans for their plots, B2, B3 and B7, which they have a-lab to draw. The drawing of also includes ideas for B6a and B6b, which are HAVs plots.

At the same time HAV has Vandkunsten working on developing their concept, which now also includes B2 and B3

PBE are not amused, and want both owners to cooperate.

(Ups, BIG files!)
a-lab for OSU: http://web102881.pbe.oslo.kommune.no...fileid=3529138

Vandkunsten for HAV: http://web102881.pbe.oslo.kommune.no...fileid=3529141

MAD arkitekter are working on a concept for combining the two proposals: http://web102881.pbe.oslo.kommune.no...fileid=3529140

PBE summary from the meeting in April: http://web102881.pbe.oslo.kommune.no...fileid=3497895

Old April 28th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #89
OnTheNorthRoad

Likes (Received): 111

I really dislike Vandkunsten's proposal for this location. It'll be way too kitsch for my taste. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want a Lofoten theme park in Bjørvika bydel. If I want to see Lofoten, I'll travel to Lofoten (which I do want to, by the way). It's not that it's bad planning (difficult to tell), or that it couldn't have worked somewhere else, but imagine the opera house, imagine DEG and then imagine a village of boathouses. Does it really fit? I support canalhouses with modern expressions.

Generally I seem to agree with OSU. They seem to have understood something essential about urbanity. At least that's my impression.
OnTheNorthRoad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #90
Galro

No, it does not fit.
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #91
muster

Likes (Received): 81

I usually like MAD, but their proposal of a new Galleri Oslo along DEG is really worrying..

Gro Harlem Brundtland
muster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #92
Hurban

Likes (Received): 13

OSU skriver at "Fjordbyen retablerer kontkakt med fjorden og gir fjorden tilbake til hele Oslo's befolkning."
Det er nettop dette jeg mener er problemet med mange av forslagene, de virker for ekslusive og mangler fokuset på at fjorden tilhører befolkningen. Selv om mange av arkitektkontorene kistrer mennesker på gata som det skulle ha vært en totalevakuering eller 17.mai (!) så kan jeg ikke se sterke egenskaper som vil trekke mennesker og gi fjorden tilbake til befolkningen..

Jeg synes personlig at Dyrviks forslag får dette til best da de virker som det er høy tetthet på selve bygningene med mye butikk kontor bebyggelse på 1. og 2. nivå, og mye bra offentlig plass langs kysten. selve byningen er relativt kjedlelig..

Jeg liker lite de forslagene med "innestengte" offentligeplasser.. Veldig pilestredet park... ikke en måte å gi fjorden tilbake..

Jeg savner også mer marina i bispevika og sørenga. Selv om seiling båter er en relativ ekslusiv sport og hobby, er et mangfold av båter i marinan noe jeg tror vil tiltrekke folk og business! Folk liker å se på båter!

Og jeg må bare si meg helt enig med kritikken av Vandkunsten! Helt fryktelig og smaløst! Til og med marinaen har de fått til å se deprimerende ut... Tragedie om dette går igjennom.
Hurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #93
starkwell

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheNorthRoad View Post
I really dislike Vandkunsten's proposal for this location. It'll be way too kitsch for my taste. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want a Lofoten theme park in Bjørvika bydel. If I want to see Lofoten, I'll travel to Lofoten (which I do want to, by the way). It's not that it's bad planning (difficult to tell), or that it couldn't have worked somewhere else, but imagine the opera house, imagine DEG and then imagine a village of boathouses. Does it really fit? I support canalhouses with modern expressions.

Generally I seem to agree with OSU. They seem to have understood something essential about urbanity. At least that's my impression.
i'm a big fan of it, i can see that they are taking inspiration from these old seaside buildings, but the design is totally contemporary, and some sections are 9 stories high, so not quite the smallholdings people seem to be expecting.

i actually think it's the most interesting solution of bring the midrise sections down to the waterfront level - there are precious few curiosities on the sea front, i guarantee that this area will be rammed with people, with so much of the ground level of the development being retail/restaurant/bar usage.

besides, the other ideas were so boring and would have left the area a wasteland of fat dumpy boxes...

My writing:
My Photo Blog:
My Oslo Photo Blog:
starkwell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #94
Galro

1. The highest part of it is 11 floors tall if I counted correctly. But I don't think the height is a positive thing - instead it just makes the boat houses seems out of proportion and even kitscher.

2. I don't get what you have against boxes. Both Frogner and Grunerløkka consist of boxes and so does Tjuvholmen. A well designed box with some neat details usually beats weird shaped blobitecture if you ask me.
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #95
OnTheNorthRoad

The thing regarding height is that it'll probably not be approved anyway. I don't remember the restrictions in the Bjørvika plan, but I think 9 floors, 11 floors etc is far more than the politicians can handle so close to the water.

I'm not against tall buildings in this place either, but I just can't bear the neo-boathouse design; I'm even more negative now than I was in the first place. Some people like it, but I'm not going to like it.

I very much prefer OSU's solution:

Illustrations from OSU's plan/study (http://web102881.pbe.oslo.kommune.no...fileid=3529138)

Galro liked this post

Last edited by OnTheNorthRoad; April 30th, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old May 20th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #96
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Apparantly, Schibsted is a hot candidate for B7: http://www.nenyheter.no/39395

Good news for continued development, and some reasonable dates for progression in the article. Now, Satans vegvesen; be done with your roads already!

Old May 20th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #97
marshol
Landsc. Architect

Likes (Received): 231

Interesting news. Will be a pretty huge complex there, at the corner of DEG and H5s street.
marshol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #98
Galro

Lets hope they spend some money on architecture and we don't get more Oslo Atrium/Hotel Opera/The boxes built by ROM eiendom on the other side of the tracks. Such a large and and central plot needs quality!
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #99
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Whether or not trees should be planted in Bispekilen has reached the highest level of authority in this country: http://www.osloby.no/nyheter/Busk-br...n-6977256.html

Apparantly Jørn Holme is a big fan of bushes...o_0

Old September 10th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #100
OnTheNorthRoad

Ok, so there's been some development on this one.

Fremdriftsplan

As you know, Bispevika Nord and Bispevika Sør belong to separate plan areas in Bjørvika, therefore there will be two plan sketches sent to PBE, but as soon as PBE has done their job there will be a parallell planutvikling. Hopefully, the plan will be sent on public hearing during summer 2013 and treated politically by the end of the same year.

The plan sketch for Bispevika nord is soon to be done, and for that reason, the developers have published "varslingsmateriale for innhenting av forhåndsuttalelser". From this document, which can be found here, you'll basically get the idea of how OSU and HAV have decided to develop these plots.

Some important points:
- PBE stressed early on that HAV and OSU needed to co-operate on the solutions in the plan area, so that the continuity between the different plots are upheld. As you know, HAV owns the indrefilet of bispevika, b6a and b6b(= the subject of last year's competition), while OSU owns the surrounding property. To complicate issues further, b6a and b6b belong to different plan areas
- Tegnestuen is Hav's architect, following the competition last autumn, while A-lab is OSU's main architect. It's clear that these two had very different ideas from the beginning, but they obviously had no choice but co-operate in order to make their money. I would criticise HAV and OSU from not co-operating from the beginning (before having architects develop their visions for more or less the entire plan area).
- The architects have strongly criticised the vannregnskap. Not because they don't want to use water as a feature, but because the regnskap is strictly quantitative and the quality of different solutions is completely ignored. The architects wanted to use water as a feature within bispevika (more so than they already have), but that would require the extension of the building zones some metres out in the fjord, and that would mess up the vannregnskap.
- Another similar point, is the shape of bispekilen. Bjørvika Infrastruktur wants the cigar shape, since it gives space for outdoor serving and public space, while Riksantikvaren supported by PBE demand the "kile" shape in accordance with the vannregnskap.

This is it. The main idea of the plan suggestion to come. As you can see, the townhouses, or boathouses, or what they should be called are still alive.

The architects boast of a concise concept, but honestly I don't see the consistency. What is new, however, is that B2 and B3 will have alleys running through them and the gårdsrom will thus be public spaces. I do fear that PBE will oppose that idea on the basis of quality of living, or something along those lines.

There's been a lot of discussion regarding Tegnestuen's concept "Skjærgården". I was very critical of the neo-boathouse design, as well as the planning with punkthus. This is after all, perhaps the most attractive plots in Bjørvika. I might as well quote the description of b6a:

Quote:
På felt B6a (og videre også på B6b i Bispevika syd) legges det til rette for en bebyggelsesstruktur bestående av punkthus i varierende størrelser og høyder som er snudd og dreid på en slik måte at det
skapes sekvenser av ulike uterom og passasjer i en åpen og porøs struktur. Flere av husene relaterer seg både til de offentlige byrommene (havnepromenaden, allmenninger, gater) og et indre mer rolig
vannareal som blir en vesentlig del av boligenes private friareal. Strukturen gir både tetthet og åpenhet samtidig. Det oppnås stor transparens og gjennomsiktighet for den bakenforliggende by og fjorden.
Samtidig ligger husene så tett at det aldri er noen tvil om at man befinner seg i Oslo sentrum og ikke i en drabantby(). Konseptet tilfører nye byrom og passasjer til hierarkiet av byrom i Bjørvika utover
intensjonene i gjeldende reguleringsplan S-4099..
Later in the document, they make an important point. The shape of the roofs, or more precisely, the height of the roofs have been an issue of disagreement between OSU and HAV (naturally). Thus there are two different alternatives, but none of those alternatives are even close to the typical norwegian boathouse shape. This is mainly due to the height restrictions. They look more like warehouses of some sort.

I honestly don't see the value of this solution in Bispevika. From the renders, there's obviously a desire from the architect to give a sense of traditionalism in this area (but whose traditionalism?), at least in the structure of the houses. How the facade expressions will be, we can only speculate. Regardless, I strongly fear that it'll come through as a bit kitsch, especially when contrasted with the surrounding area: completely new, modern and hopefully vibrating. I think it's a bit sad, because I really didn't see this coming in Bjørvika. Nonetheless, they have now moved a step towards ordinary "punkthus", and if they remove the traditionalism completely and give room for variety and modern creativity in the architectural expressions, there might be something there.