daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM   #181
Superkot634
Requiem for a dream

Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
DK62 is one of the least important main roads in Poland, though that's not an excuse for poor road quality.
Only 58% of national roads are in good condition. 17% is in poor condition. 25% in tolerable condition.

Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:35 PM   #182
katsuma
BANNED

Likes (Received): 567

Look, all of us would like to have perfect roads, but what's the influence of regular Joe Bloggs here? Can you get the things going quicker?

Having upward ambitions is certainly a good thing, but it shouldn't take effect in constant moaning, in my opinion.

Besides, were you equally eager to moan e.g. 10 years ago, when hardly any infrastructure projects were being progressed?
katsuma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:27 PM   #183
and802

Likes (Received): 55

katsuma,

are we still in euro 2012 thread ? 'cause looking at the map of Poland I can hardly imagine DK62 can be anyhow useful for football fans.

you feel like discussing details of Polish road conditions go to appropriate section, otherwise stop messing around
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:08 PM   #184
Beck's
Polska wielonarodowa!!

Likes (Received): 8229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
Polish roads:

The road was repaired last year, so that what is shown of the video doesn't exist now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkot634 View Post

Yeah! Some national roads are in terrible condition. Provincial roads - the tragedy. Local roads, without comment, the tragedy of x 2 This is a good roads?
But most of the national ones are in very good condition and only 17% are really bad. It's true that local roads are in poor quality(nevertheless they've improved for the last years), but most of the traffic takes place in national ones.

Last edited by Beck's; April 22nd, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
Beck's no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:16 PM   #185
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck's View Post
The road was repaired last year, so that what is shown of the video doesn't exist now.
Good for you!
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:59 PM   #186
katsuma
BANNED

Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
katsuma,

are we still in euro 2012 thread ? 'cause looking at the map of Poland I can hardly imagine DK62 can be anyhow useful for football fans.

you feel like discussing details of Polish road conditions go to appropriate section, otherwise stop messing around
You seem to be addressing your comment to a wrong person, I guess.

Nevertheless, if you have some valuable info to add to this thread, don't be shy.
katsuma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:23 PM   #187
Superkot634
Requiem for a dream

Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsuma View Post
Look, all of us would like to have perfect roads, but what's the influence of regular Joe Bloggs here? Can you get the things going quicker?

Having upward ambitions is certainly a good thing, but it shouldn't take effect in constant moaning, in my opinion.

Besides, were you equally eager to moan e.g. 10 years ago, when hardly any infrastructure projects were being progressed?
Yes, you're right but, the appetite grows with what it feeds on.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:07 AM   #188
dino2010

Likes (Received): 22

Pojebało was, świetną promocję Polski robicie ;/// może jednak lepiej zachowajcie to dla siebie, nie każdy przecież tymi drogami będzie przejeżdżał wrrr co za ludzie!!
dino2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #189
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
DK62 is one of the least important main roads in Poland, though that's not an excuse for poor road quality.
Actually, DK62, along with DK50, are supposed to be the bypass road for heavy truck traffic around Warsaw Metropolitan Area.

Although DK50 is a priority, the role of DK62 should not be underestimated. Take a look at recently opened Serock bypass - the size of DK61/DK61 junction is not a coincidence.

Another factor is the new airport at Modlin / Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki, to be opened in June / July 2012. It will serve not only Warsaw, but also entire north-eastern Poland.

Future of DK62 are new bypasses and 2+1 / 2x2 alignments at least between Wyszków and Wyszogród.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #190
mmmartin

Likes (Received): 1

I'm going from Suwalki to Krakow. Which road do you recomend if I want to avoid Bialystok-Warszawa route and Kielce because of the road works? Last time I lost almost 3(!) hours between Piotrkow Trybunalski and Warszawa because of the road works. Thanks!
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #191
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17510

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmartin View Post
I'm going from Suwalki to Krakow. Which road do you recomend if I want to avoid Bialystok-Warszawa route and Kielce because of the road works? Last time I lost almost 3(!) hours between Piotrkow Trybunalski and Warszawa because of the road works. Thanks!
I think works on "8" between Białystok-Warszawa aren`t heavy. There aren`t better road than this one Road works under construction of second carriage way on the bypass of Kielce shouldn`t make you any problems, there is no jams
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #192
Hetman
EF PD o/Warszawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmartin View Post
Tell me which day of week and daypart. It really matters!
Hetman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #193
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11857

I am sure this has already been asked and answered several times, but will A2 be opened temporalely between Lodz and Warszawa for EURO2012?
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #194
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
will A2 be opened temporalely between Lodz and Warszawa for EURO2012?
It seems to me that would probably be possible for sections A, B, D, and E, but probably not for Section C. We'll see.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #195
mmmartin

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
I think works on "8" between Białystok-Warszawa aren`t heavy. There aren`t better road than this one Road works under construction of second carriage way on the bypass of Kielce shouldn`t make you any problems, there is no jams
We went from Suwalki to Augustow, than through Grajewo, Lomža, Ostrow Mazowiecka, down by Minsk Mazowiecki and through Grojec, Radom and Kielce. It was a good decision, we arrived to Krakow faster than planned initially, it took us netto less than 9 hours. Still, if Poland had motoways all the way, it would take us some 6 hrs.
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #196
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17510

We`ll wait a long time before the road Warszawa-Krakow ("7") became expressway at all.
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #197
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Never mind Poland (and yes, some of their roads are in a ridiculous state, trust me... I know, as Toyota started to move some of their production there, and I deliver the parts in my van...) it seems to me that the Ukraine has other problems...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #198
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
We`ll wait a long time before the road Warszawa-Krakow ("7") became expressway at all.
I cannot think of any good excuse for failing to complete the S7 between Warsaw and Krakow by 2020.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #199
Marbur66

Likes (Received): 10168

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I cannot think of any good excuse for failing to complete the S7 between Warsaw and Krakow by 2020.
It's only the connection between the country's two main cities, why would they rush?
Marbur66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #200
ift3226

Likes (Received): 0

M06 or M07 in Ukraine

Hi,
Planning a trip to Kiev in June and would really appreciate some advice regarding which road to choose. Will cross the border at Dorohusk. M07 would bring me straight to Kiev but maybe I should consider accessing M06 at Rivne and drive from there to Kiev?
Any comments or ideas?
ift3226 no está en línea   Reply With Quote