daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 12th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #61
Rombi

Likes (Received): 305

1. A1 from czech border to Katowice should be ready in March 2012.
2. A4 is in traffic all the way from german border to Kraków.
3. At the moment there is no S-class road between Wrocław and Poznań while S1 between CZ border exist.
Bo właśnie w podróży, rano, w obcym mieście, zanim druga kawa zacznie działać, doświadcza się najmocniej dziwności własnego, pozornie banalnego bytu. Podróż jest po prostu stosunkowo zdrowym rodzajem narkotyku.
Andrzej Stasiuk
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #62
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHS View Post
I was wondering will the A1 from CZ border to Katowice be finished by Euro?
Yes, the official date is March 2012, which might be possible if the mild winter weather continues. May 2012 should be easy given the current state.

Quote:
As I understand A4 is in traffic all the way from Katowice to Wroclaw? And what is the condition of S5 from Wroclaw to Poznań? Is it like S1 from CZ border to Bielsko-Biała?
I would expect bad traffic conditions on all roads during Euro 2012. There really is no S5 between Wroclaw and Poznań yet, though there is one section that they may open on a temporary basis for Euro 2012.

Quote:
What will be the toll system situation during the Euro? I'm asking this because they were talking about introducing vignettes last time I was in Poland?
I'm not aware of any special toll provisions for Euro 2012. No Polish vignettes -- just bloody toll booths.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #63
zsmg

Likes (Received): 1202

Will Poland be closing down it's borders during the event? I know Germany and Portugal did something similar when they hosted the World Cup/Euro (not sure about Austria)

And the most important question of them all: who's going to win it?
zsmg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #64
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9122

Poland

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #65
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmg View Post
And the most important question of them all: who's going to win it?
We, the enthusiasts of Polish motorways, are the winners. Think of all the road building which is going on now just because of Euro 2012.
Old December 15th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #66
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

True ! & especially Polish people that will use these motorways &/or see those motorways get some traffic out of congested small roads.

P.S.: It'd be nice if some of our Ukrainian roadgeeks wrote something here ! We don't hear you a lot guys ! Як справи ? Як життя ? Is anybody theeeeeere ?

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #67
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
It'd be nice if some of our Ukrainian roadgeeks wrote something here ! We don't hear you a lot guys !
I agree. It would be nice. I think there are two possible reasons. One is that it's more fun to be a Polish road geek than a Ukrainian road geek because there is a lot more cool road construction going on in Poland. The other is that English is more pervasive in Poland than Ukraine (though I have some Ukrainian friends who speak English very well).
Old December 15th, 2011, 01:37 AM   #68
Maxi_Moscow

Likes (Received): 1517

Will be driving from Moscow to Warzaw to support Russian Team. Planning on making a detour to Vilnius, LT.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #69
Bzyq_74

Likes (Received): 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Well, If I read the stories about smuggling the main concern of the Polish customs are the cross-border trains.
As long as fuel, cigarettes and alcohol will be cheaper in Ukraine, do not shorten the waiting time at the border, that is, in my opinion never.
Bzyq_74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #70
XAN_

Likes (Received): 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple C View Post
Anyone shares a highway/rail map of Poland&Ukraine?
Seems, there is some nice PL highway maps in the topic. So have some other maps:

Road UA - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gvethXaaw2...2012_Karta.gif
(But OSM is more useful, IMHO - http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48...oom=7&layers=M)

Rail UA - http://www.bueker.net/trainspotting/...ne/ukraine.gif

Rail PL - http://www.bueker.net/trainspotting/...and/poland.gif
-H. Kürsch, 2002
XAN_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #71
Maxi_Moscow

Likes (Received): 1517

Thank you for the links.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #72
ChrisMuenchen

Likes (Received): 0

Hi. I would like to attend Lwiw. It is difficult to find some english or german informations concerning the current state of the M06 between the Hungarian Border and Lwiw. Has anyone driven in the last few months and could give some new informations?! Thank you!
ChrisMuenchen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #73
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

First of all: are you driving from Munich (as your nickname suggests) ? Or from elsewhere ?

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #74
Marbur66

Likes (Received): 10168

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post

First of all: are you driving from Munich (as your nickname suggests) ? Or from elsewhere ?
Doubtful since he's asking how the roads are between Hungary and Lviv. My guess is he's flying to Hungary and will drive from there.....
Marbur66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #75
ChrisMuenchen

Hi,

yes, I'm from munich and I will go by car. Flights are too exepensive and I enjoy to use the car :-). I heard that the M06 should be one of the best roads in the Ukraine but I don't know how to define "best". My intention is to use either the border crossing Zahoni or Berehove!
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #76
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17510

Are you sure to go M06?? I think the best way is to go M11 from Korczowa to Lviv. That road has new pavement all way long I don`t remember if M06 from Hungary border to Lviv is renovated.
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #77
Rombi

Likes (Received): 305

I think it's obvious that ChrisMuenchen tooks way through Austria and Hungary from Munich to reach Lviv. Section from Cracow to border is terrible in terms huge number of lorries. I would choose Hungary.
Bo właśnie w podróży, rano, w obcym mieście, zanim druga kawa zacznie działać, doświadcza się najmocniej dziwności własnego, pozornie banalnego bytu. Podróż jest po prostu stosunkowo zdrowym rodzajem narkotyku.
Andrzej Stasiuk

Last edited by Rombi; January 5th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #78
ChrisMuenchen

I heard about the renovation of the M11, but, as Rombi noticed, from Munich in my opinion, it is better to travel via Austria and Hungary. And, as i said, its very difficult to get some actual information about the M06
Old January 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #79
Rohatynets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMuenchen View Post
Hi. I would like to attend Lwiw. It is difficult to find some english or german informations concerning the current state of the M06 between the Hungarian Border and Lwiw. Has anyone driven in the last few months and could give some new informations?! Thank you!
I can't be sure about current state on all length, but M06 (conventionally known as Kyiv-Chop motorway) is a key highway project for EURO 2012 and is scheduled to be completed be the championship. Thus I would recommend taking it as the best quality option. Moreover, I was taking part of M06 between Lviv and Chop when going skiing 3 years ago, and it was in perfect shape already back then. If I am not mistaken, main construction work now is being done on Lviv-Kyiv part, while Chop-Lviv segment has been ready for couple of years.
Rohatynets no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #80
orland

Lviv-Chop has been made about five years ago and already have some traces of repairs. It's mostly 1+1 with only some stretches 1+2 in Carpathian Mountains and 2+2 in Lviv Oblast. Here are some vids

Carpathian Mountains

Lviv Oblast' (till 5:14) from Solonka to Rudniki

Last edited by orland; January 5th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
orland no está en línea   Reply With Quote