daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 29th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #101
yorar

Likes (Received): 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi_Moscow View Post
Will be driving from Moscow to Warzaw to support Russian Team. Planning on making a detour to Vilnius, LT.
From Polish border drive to Augustów. From there you have 2 options:
- DK8
- DK61

IMHO, better road is DK8, altough the traffic is bigger than on DK61 and it is a bit longer.
yorar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #102
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Why do you want him to go through Augustów ? From Moscow, he's got a straight road through Minsk, Terespol & Siedlce. Augustów is O.K. if you come from the Baltic countries, Finland or Saint-Petersburg ...

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #103
jeremiash

Likes (Received): 74

Read his comment, he wants to make a detour to Lithuania,so he is going to be coming from the Baltics
jeremiash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #104
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Ahhh ... Sorry, you're so right !

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #105
paf1

Likes (Received): 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klukas View Post
Could someone tell me which would be the best (shortest in hours) road route to reach Poznan from Zagreb, Croatia (Euro 2012). If I got it right there is no direct motorway connection to Poznan from Checz/Slovakia. Thank you!

Drive from Zagreb via Graz to Vienna, than Bratislava, Brno, Ostrava, new motorway from Ostrava to Gliwice in Poland. In Poland drive: Gliwice, Katowice, Czestochowa, Łódź and finally Poznań. You will drive almost all time on motorways or four lane roads.
paf1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #106
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by paf1 View Post
Drive from Zagreb via Graz to Vienna, than Bratislava, Brno, Ostrava, new motorway from Ostrava to Gliwice in Poland. In Poland drive: Gliwice, Katowice, Czestochowa, Łódź and finally Poznań. You will drive almost all time on motorways or four lane roads.
The fastest way from Vienna to Brno is direct, not via Bratislava. Also, unless something has changed that I don't know about, it will be slow getting past Łódź. I would go from Gliwice to Poznań via Wroclaw. Otherwise, it looks like a good route.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #107
Bobek_Azbest
Blah blah blah

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
The fastest way from Vienna to Brno is direct, not via Bratislava.
Yup, there's no reason why you should drive through Bratislava, unless you really want to purchase an extra motorway sticker.
Bobek_Azbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #108
paf1

Likes (Received): 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobek_Azbest View Post
Yup, there's no reason why you should drive through Bratislava, unless you really want to purchase an extra motorway sticker.
I always prefer to drive better road, even if it means longer distance. So, if I was you, I would drive via road closer Bratislava. That’s true about Łódź. However, there is no problem, if you avoid rush hours.
paf1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #109
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9122

Quote:
Gliwice, Katowice, Czestochowa, Łódź and finally Poznań. You will drive almost all time on motorways or four lane roads.
Driving from Gliwice to Katowice and than to north is dangerously stupid idea - daily traffic on S86 near Katowice (it's the only road to north directly from this city) is over 100 000 vehicles per day, on A4 there - a little bit lower. I think Klukas should go from Gliwice still on A1, through Zabrze, Bytom and Piekary Śląskie, and change it for S1 on "Lotnisko" interchange. By few kilometers there's an interchange with DK1 to Częstochowa and Łódź. S1 from "Lotnisko" to this interchange is single carriageway, but expressway. This variant is shorter and faster.

A1 from Zabrze to "Lotnisko" is already U/C, but it will be opened in April.

Quote:
I always prefer to drive better road, even if it means longer distance. So, if I was you, I would drive via road closer Bratislava. That’s true about Łódź. However, there is no problem, if you avoid rush hours.
IMHO there's no important reason to drive via Bratislava - direct variant from Vienna to Brno (via A5 and 7 in Austria and (R)52 in Czech Republic) is shorter, faster and not worse, because whole stretch has pretty good surface, there's quite low traffic and not many towns.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:45 PM   #110
Malina PL

Likes (Received): 1

Speedlimits in Poland and Ukraine:

Malina PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM   #111
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

**** yeah, our readable sign!

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:49 PM   #112
Rombi

Likes (Received): 305

This is why I "love" my country. Nothing can be simple because...no.
Tell me why Mr. Nowak!
Bo właśnie w podróży, rano, w obcym mieście, zanim druga kawa zacznie działać, doświadcza się najmocniej dziwności własnego, pozornie banalnego bytu. Podróż jest po prostu stosunkowo zdrowym rodzajem narkotyku.
Andrzej Stasiuk
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:21 PM   #113
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Don't exaggerate :P Country is fine, but in some cases a little bit more complicated than it should be.

Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:03 PM   #114
Angelos

Likes (Received): 448

140 speed limit
Angelos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:24 PM   #115
HS
I am the passenger

Likes (Received): 4876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
140 speed limit
If I may add something. On A1 from Świerklany to Sośnica the traffic is so small that police don't react if you drive even more
HS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #116
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17514

In fact if you drive 10km/h over the limit, you shuldn`t be punished. Wherever you will drive, on the motorway, or on the other national road.
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #117
Mr. America
przestrzeń-ludzie-miasto

So, speed limit in polish autobahns is even 150 km/h
Mr. America no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #118
1000city
DISCO VOLANTE

Likes (Received): 4207

On A1 Świerklany-Sośnica practically there is no speed limit Although few people go faster than 130-140.
1000city no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #119
bariig

Likes (Received): 0

Campsites in Poznan:
http://www.poznan.pl/mim/turystyka/e...s,poi,17,6049/

also:
http://campingpoland.eu (they are renting places to sleep for 4 people in every camping trailer)
http://www.carlsbergfancamp.pl/en (places in a tents)
http://www.campervanvillage.com/ (only places to park your own campervan)

hope it will help someone
bariig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #120
Rombi

Likes (Received): 305

maybe this one http://www.2012life.eu/en/
Bo właśnie w podróży, rano, w obcym mieście, zanim druga kawa zacznie działać, doświadcza się najmocniej dziwności własnego, pozornie banalnego bytu. Podróż jest po prostu stosunkowo zdrowym rodzajem narkotyku.
Andrzej Stasiuk
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote