daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 9th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #161
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
and to g.spinoza... I dont know why country like Nigeria could have not organized a world class event like a football championship. It would only have had different proportions and size. But it would have been doable, certainly. And it would have been right in the sense of what sport should do and why we have it and praise it so much. What I would find indeed nonsensical is to require Nigeria to produce event in the style of advanced european country. It would be complete loss of resources.
Oh, come one, g.spinoza is still a bit grumpy because certain country starting from letter "I" did't get the tournament
geogregor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #162
seszele

Likes (Received): 1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
You understood wrong, I never mentioned Poland. You made this association, probably you think that Poland and Nigeria are comparable, not me.

I just said that this competition should be organized by countries that require less than 5 years to build infrastructures. I never said that Poland and Ukraine aren't such countries. If they can build whatever is necessary, then it's good!

Think twice and read better when you accuse someone of insulting.
Then you folks better start collecting trash in Naples, next chance is not that far..

Btw Nigeria could be really innovative option for Euro based tournament
seszele no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #163
eskandarany
من المحيــط إلىٰ الخليــج

Likes (Received): 57

Euro-Nigeria 2016 for the win
eskandarany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #164
Rafal_T
xxxx

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskandarany View Post
Euro-Nigeria 2016 for the win
Nigeria is scoring quite alot in Western Europe since the last 20 years and they are in East as well those days....
Rafal_T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #165
Rafal_T
xxxx

Likes (Received): 75

UEFA states that All Euro-2012 tickets are sold!

Martin Kallen: All Euro-2012 tickets are sold 10.04.2012

All tickets to the final part of the 2012 European Football Championship have been sold, said UEFA Operations Director Martin Kallen. According to him, the Ukrainian-Polish tournament has broken all records in terms of interest in purchasing entry passes to the football matches, and the number of applications alone submitted for them was in excess of 12 million!

“There will be no vacant places at any Euro-2012 arena. There are figures that testify that all the tickets to the championship have been sold. We can get off this subject and move to the football itself. This championship will become symbolic. We have never encountered such interest in the Euro during the entire history of European football,” the football functionary noted.

He said that the most active fans during the ticketing campaign were those from the two host countries, England, the Netherlands and Sweden, and they have got most of the entry passes to the matches of the future continental tournament. The UEFA operations director has also emphasized that the European Football Association is intentionally delaying sending out the tickets, which will have several levels of protection against counterfeiting.

"The official presentation will take place simultaneously in Kyiv and Warsaw on 23 April. The new tickets will have several levels of protection - more than five, and we will start the targeted distribution for fans very soon after 10 May, and everyone who bought tickets will receive them by mail. I assure you that this way all fans will be guaranteed to receive their tickets to the tournament, and those swindlers who want to profit from fake tickets are hardly likely to have the time to create something similar in such a short time", Martin Kallen explained.

Information center Ukraine 2012
Rafal_T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #166
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogregor View Post
Oh, come one, g.spinoza is still a bit grumpy because certain country starting from letter "I" did't get the tournament
I don't give a bleep about football, I didn't even know that Italy was out. Really, I don't follow football, couldn't care less.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #167
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by seszele View Post
Then you folks better start collecting trash in Naples, next chance is not that far..
Why you people took it personal?
I never said that Italy should host the tournament. It should not. Italy is third world for these kind of things.

Happy now?
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:48 AM   #168
Hunamana
Polish Soldier

Likes (Received): 16

Well if you don't car about football, Poland, Ukraine, etc. Why did you bother posting anything in this thread if it wasn't going to be related to the topic in any way?
Hunamana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #169
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19324

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Why you people took it personal?
Oh, come on dude. First you compare Poland to Nigeria and then you are surprised that people took it personal?

Following your way of thinking only Germany and few Scandinavian countries should be allowed to host any big event. They have all the resources, their economies are not ****ed up and organization will be perfect.
But wouldn't be such world a bit boring?

BTW
We Poles are strange nation, between ourselves we keep moaning and complaining about our country but when others do the same thing we jump on them and complain how dare they criticize us and our "great country"
But to be honest, I found it is true about UK as well.
geogregor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #170
dino2010

Likes (Received): 22

WOOOOWW!!! This is Poland???? Amazing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpIuF...eature=related
dino2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 04:05 PM   #171
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4016

Polish roads:

Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:38 PM   #172
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
Polish roads:

You got this video from the discussion about Polish Highways and Road Infrastructure, you failed to mention that what the video above presents is no longer existent !! This road was in such state for less than a month in 2011!
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:43 PM   #173
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19428

Nah, that video went viral. You don't think road videos like these get watched 135.000+ times by road enthusiasts alone, right?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM   #174
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4016

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
You got this video from the discussion about Polish Highways and Road Infrastructure, you failed to mention that what the video above presents is no longer existent !! This road was in such state for less than a month in 2011!
No, I've got it from an article at Serbian B92 info portal: http://www.b92.net/automobili/razno....&nav_id=602304

Title of this article means "Maybe our [Serbian] roads are not that bad". No hard fellings, anyway.
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:30 PM   #175
delfin_pl
Expert

Likes (Received): 56

Polish roads are in much better condition than Serbian, actually the are in a pretty good condition.
delfin_pl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:46 PM   #176
katsuma
BANNED

Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nah, that video went viral. You don't think road videos like these get watched 135.000+ times by road enthusiasts alone, right?
So what?

Besides, if you have a certain thesis to prove, you'll find enough arguments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
No, I've got it from an article at Serbian B92 info portal: http://www.b92.net/automobili/razno....&nav_id=602304

Title of this article means "Maybe our [Serbian] roads are not that bad". No hard fellings, anyway.
Exactly, nothing cures some humans' ego better than finding alleged failures/weaknesses of the others.
katsuma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:43 PM   #177
Superkot634
Requiem for a dream

Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfin_pl View Post
Polish roads are in much better condition than Serbian, actually the are in a pretty good condition.

Yeah! Some national roads are in terrible condition. Provincial roads - the tragedy. Local roads, without comment, the tragedy of x 2 This is a good roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosek View Post
DK62 - odcinek Strzelno - Kruszwica. Dalej jest na szczęście tylko lepiej

Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:43 PM   #178
Mr. America
przestrzeń-ludzie-miasto

Actually, what is this discussion. After all, everyone knows that in Poland polar bears are running around freely
Mr. America no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM   #179
Groningen NL

Likes (Received): 157

That road showed in the video actually looks like its constructed 5 years ago or something. I guess they used the wrong material or they used cheap asphalt.
Groningen NL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:08 PM   #180
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19428

DK62 is one of the least important main roads in Poland, though that's not an excuse for poor road quality.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote