daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 26th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #81
swe

Likes (Received): 8

ANA increases to 7 daily flights in july from SJC

http://www.flysanjose.com/fl/about/n...leases/ANA.htm
swe no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #82
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11251

So many SFO pics to share... all images taken by me from my Flickr. Note that some images may look blurry because I'm on board either BART or AirTrain.

Part 1:

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

Equario, will101 liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #83
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9721

What/Which flight did you take, f.o.d.?
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #84
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 2: from the same night

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

Equario, phoenixboi08, will101 liked this post
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #85
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozenBDJ View Post
What/Which flight did you take, f.o.d.?
I was there actually to pick up my aunt, my uncle, and my uncle's friend heading back to SFO on board PR104 from Manila. I took those images once I came in straight from Berkeley (rode BART on the way), and my dad and I waited for like an hour before they came out.

Old June 27th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #86
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 3: a day after my uncle, aunt, and my uncle's friend arrived in San Francisco, we went back to SFO Airport to see if my uncle lost his sunglasses at the airport prior to departure a month before... this time, I walked through the Arrivals level of Terminal 1.

will101 liked this post
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #87
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Part 4: from the same day, same terminal.

Equario, will101 liked this post
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #88
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

fieldsofdreams, thanks a lot! I appreciate your contribution!
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #89
theskythelimit

Likes (Received): 117

Aer Lingus returns to SFO for S14.

http://corporate.aerlingus.com/inves...3July2013L.pdf
theskythelimit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #90
lolstebbo

Likes (Received): 3

SFO T1 redevelopment information:

http://www.cmaanorcal.org/pdfs/11291...esentation.pdf
lolstebbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #91
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolstebbo View Post
That is a nice project if they build it. Too bad they cant rebuild all the terminals to make it match the airport. Any time lines when we can expect construction to start?
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #92
lolstebbo

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR66 View Post
That is a nice project if they build it. Too bad they cant rebuild all the terminals to make it match the airport. Any time lines when we can expect construction to start?
Page 13 of the PDF has the project schedule. After this would be T3 and Boarding Area F (but there's no time table for when that would happen, if ever) and then all of SFO will have been redone/refreshed.
lolstebbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #93
Tyco75
Orgulloso de ser TICO

Likes (Received): 507

Beautiful airport.
Tyco75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:04 PM   #94
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=81807&size=large
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #95
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Now, this will be a really interesting proposition, and perhaps this route could become the longest one for the Dreamliner...

United Airlines has submitted an application to the US Department of Transportation (US-DOT) to operate a route between San Francisco and Chengdu in western China. The airline has said in its press release that it will be operated with a B787 thrice weekly from 9 June 2014, although in the formal application, United will start the route from 11 June 2014. Proposed schedule:

UA008 SFO1335 – 1850+1CTU 788 136
UA009 CTU1000 – 0850SFO 788 135

Source

With this route, I sense that this will be Chengdu's first Transpacific service, in which it will finally connect Sichuan Province and beyond with the United States.

Old August 30th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #96
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Now, this will be a really interesting proposition, and perhaps this route could become the longest one for the Dreamliner...

United Airlines has submitted an application to the US Department of Transportation (US-DOT) to operate a route between San Francisco and Chengdu in western China. The airline has said in its press release that it will be operated with a B787 thrice weekly from 9 June 2014, although in the formal application, United will start the route from 11 June 2014. Proposed schedule:

UA008 SFO1335 – 1850+1CTU 788 136
UA009 CTU1000 – 0850SFO 788 135

Source

With this route, I sense that this will be Chengdu's first Transpacific service, in which it will finally connect Sichuan Province and beyond with the United States.
Really! I am still holding on hoping that United will launch IAH-AKL with a 787 of some type. I hope this works out for SFO and CTU. I didn't realize there was that much demand for that route. Couldn't stick it somewhere else out of SFO like to SYD or MNL?
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #97
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR66 View Post
Really! I am still holding on hoping that United will launch IAH-AKL with a 787 of some type. I hope this works out for SFO and CTU. I didn't realize there was that much demand for that route. Couldn't stick it somewhere else out of SFO like to SYD or MNL?
I hope that route can be done with a 787-8, if not the 787-9 variant. But, yes, it seems interesting for United to operate such a long route between San Francisco and Chengdu. I made my calculations for the estimated flight time for that upcoming service (accounting for the big time gap between the US West Coast and China), and here are my results:

SFO - CTU: 14 hours, 15 minutes
CTU - SFO: 13 hours, 50 minutes

And yes, I hope that UA could use the 787 to do more services from SFO, especially to MNL.

Old August 30th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #98
theskythelimit

Likes (Received): 117

With regards to he new SFO-CTU route, some major Bay Area Companies, Intel, Apple etc, have major operations in Chengdu. Apple is making their new iPad 3 there and UA will get a lift in cargo. 787 is for long thin routes and it will be a 788.
theskythelimit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2013, 02:28 AM   #99
deasine
=)

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post

Second. First is Sichuan Airlines' Vancouver-Chengdu (via Shenyang).
deasine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2013, 02:36 AM   #100
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deasine View Post

Second. First is Sichuan Airlines' Vancouver-Chengdu (via Shenyang).
Oh right. I remember the YVR-CTU service via Shenyang. But it'll be the first to the United States, true?

Tags
california, northamerica airport hubs, sacramento ca, sacramento international, san francisco, smf, us airports