daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #1
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12410

SEOUL | Seoul IBD The Cloud | 300m | 984 ft| 60 fl | 260m | 853 ft | 54 fl | Canceled

Seoul IBD The Cloud is a part of INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DISTRICT OF SEOUL.

by Luxigon

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by desertpunk; April 11th, 2013 at 07:02 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #2
inno4321

http://blog.naver.com/sscho21c?Redir...No=20141087320

Is it quite a phallic looking building?
No.
If someone say "Lotte seoul tower is same with a phallic, it would he is crazy guy or radical feminist.
No one eerily by "Lotte seoul tower" due to a phallic shape. Also no need changed desigin.

SAME LOGIC APPLY TO IBD CLOUD.
"THE IBD CLOUD" HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP WITH SORROWFUL TERROISM ATTACK 9/11. NO THANKS NO MORE ARGUE WITH IIRATIONAL COMPALIN.
WE DEEPLY MEMORIAL WITH 9/11. Seoul citizens same anger and desperated with NEW YORK citizens about 9/11 terror THANKS

P.S "Those rumor are just vandalism attack. We will not going to changed building design." said Dream Hub the person concerned.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; December 11th, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old December 11th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #3
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8230

i really love the design of the cloud, i also only thought about the resemblance after people mentioned it.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #4
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6522

Looks quite slim
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #5
Jakub
3D

In my opinion a competition proposal by MVRDV for Shenzhen Guosen Tower was way better.

http://inhabitat.com/mvrdvs-shenzhen...inese-lantern/
Jakub no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #6
sonnyinmiami
Vicious, I am...,

Likes (Received): 25

My sentiments on this design:

Pre 9/11 : Unique, Beautiful, Daring & Breathtaking Design.

Post 9/11 : Tasteless, Tactless, Vulgar, Cold-hearted & Selfish. Are You Effen Serious ?!? What were you thinking ?!?
sonnyinmiami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #7
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1021

I'm sorry, but we, as a country, need to get over this at some point. 9/11 was awful; no one is going to say otherwise. But neither South Korea nor the Netherlands had anything to do with it. And much, much worse things have happened in just about every other country that isn't Switzerland. Hell we've done much worse things historically than 9/11, in a far more protracted and suffering-inducing way.

Neverevenmind that in the pictures that this is always compared to, the debris cloud is much higher up on the WTC, and doesn't "connect" with the other WTC building. All this Seoul Cloud is is a clever, innovative, and versatile implimentation of a skybridge.

Build it, Seoul. And don't let our whining ruin the party.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #8
Bricken Ridge

Likes (Received): 15

Yeah, these proposed towers does look like the exploding WTC 1 & 2 in NYC during the terrorist attacks in '01.
Bricken Ridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #9
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
i really love the design of the cloud, i also only thought about the resemblance after people mentioned it.
Agree dear KillerZavatar. i really love the design of the cloud. i never imagine connected between cloud with 9/11. I also only thought about the resemblance after dear kanto memtioned it in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
I'm sorry, but we, as a country, need to get over this at some point. 9/11 was awful; no one is going to say otherwise. But neither South Korea nor the Netherlands had anything to do with it. And much, much worse things have happened in just about every other country that isn't Switzerland. Hell we've done much worse things historically than 9/11, in a far more protracted and suffering-inducing way.

Neverevenmind that in the pictures that this is always compared to, the debris cloud is much higher up on the WTC, and doesn't "connect" with the other WTC building. All this Seoul Cloud is is a clever, innovative, and versatile implimentation of a skybridge.

Last edited by inno4321; December 13th, 2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old December 13th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #10
Thanial

Likes (Received): 18

this building was on the news in oz today about it's resemblance to the twin towers etc... it said that the architect was refusing to change the design. Originally I liked the cloud idea, but now all I can see is the twin towers
Thanial no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #11
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanial View Post
this building was on the news in oz today about it's resemblance to the twin towers etc... it said that the architect was refusing to change the design. Originally I liked the cloud idea, but now all I can see is the twin towers
Nevertheless skorea is alliance with USA. Everyone in skorea deeply appreciated to USA and their sacrifice. This is just mistake..
But cloud design cost is us$ 20 milions dollors. Big momeny. Already pay it. Who will pay for it again?

Old December 13th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #12
Mplsuptown

Likes (Received): 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post

Tend to agree. The skin of the buildings are very different. The "cloud" or "clouds" are significantly lower in scale compared to the WTC. Also I find the design of and incorporation of the cloud to be rather unique.

*And Major D., just leave the angry man's post up. - spectre000
Mplsuptown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #13
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyinmiami View Post
My sentiments on this design:

Pre 9/11 : Unique, Beautiful, Daring & Breathtaking Design.

Post 9/11 : Tasteless, Tactless, Vulgar, Cold-hearted & Selfish. Are You Effen Serious ?!? What were you thinking ?!?
Hmm, I live in NYC and everyone here dealt the tragedy with stoicism. I think it's the out-of-towners who are all hyped about the whole 9/11 attacks instead of New Yorkers themselves. In addition, like others mentioned Korea showed sympathy for the tragedy and we are one of the greatest allies of the U.S. When was the last time the entire US showed sympathy or even interest on some tragedy that happened in Korea (Oil Spill, Seoul Flooding (in contrast the Tokyo tsunami, this wasn't even in the news that much which affected just as much) Stop the crying and move on.

HOOAH!!
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #14
pingyao
Virtual Architect

Likes (Received): 200

This buildings design seems to be going viral at the moment, its even appeared on LBC radio (London station) website. The architects are rapidly becoming infamous for this!
pingyao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #15
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
Hmm, I live in NYC and everyone here dealt the tragedy with stoicism. I think it's the out-of-towners who are all hyped about the whole 9/11 attacks instead of New Yorkers themselves. In addition, like others mentioned Korea showed sympathy for the tragedy and we are one of the greatest allies of the U.S. When was the last time the entire US showed sympathy or even interest on some tragedy that happened in Korea (Oil Spill, Seoul Flooding (in contrast the Tokyo tsunami, this wasn't even in the news that much which affected just as much)Stop the crying and move on.
I think that's kind of an exaggeration. I was in Seoul this summer, and it was serious in a lot of places, and obviously the loss of life in Gyeonggi-do was sad, but all of Japan is still reeling from that catastrophe; it will take years and years for Miyagi prefecture to recover, and that's assuming that the Fukushima Daiichi continues to improve.

I do agree that it's kind of stupid how most Americans pay almost no attention to South Korea, then when the opportunity to get all hot and bothered arises they run at it. Some people....
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #16
TheZoolooMaster

Likes (Received): 181

Yea, this has gone way out of proportion. They were talking about this on the public service TV news today.
TheZoolooMaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 10:53 PM   #17
Jakub
3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
But cloud design cost is us$ 20 milions dollors. Big momeny. Already pay it. Who will pay for it again?
20 for the design? A little bit to much I think, but nevermind, this is for the entire design not for the concept. If they will have to change the design they will do it with pleasure. I guess they still want to take this job and it is posible that they will get better with the next cocept, this is something that every good architect wants.
Jakub no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:11 AM   #18
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

I love the cloud tower design. And it doesn't remind me of 9/11.
Old December 14th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #19
Caravaggio
Caravaggio

Likes (Received): 54

My first impression on the design of these towers was a WOW even though it does remind of the 9/11 terrorist attacks I still find the design unique and beautiful. The design has cause somewhat of a scandal here in the states with some people considering the design distasteful and crass. I however feel that it should be built and the design should not be modified.
Caravaggio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #20
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2603

There is a BBC News article about the controversy now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16162789
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote