daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old December 24th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #61
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Ridiculous! I don't know what is the story of this arabic countries proposing ultra tall buildings everytime, to catch the eyes?!
And Sudan as a country is poor! They should improve their infrastructure and healthcare! Stop the war in the southern part and increase the standarts of life instead of aiming to build fantasy buildings that Japan couldn't even build.

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #62
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Even if we forget about economy this project is still impossible from an engineering perspective as far as I know so I agree that this proposal is
It is most likely possible technologically, just not economically possible. And especially not in Sudan.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #63
reecebowker

Likes (Received): 35

unbelievable, but I do think it wont be built
reecebowker no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:09 PM   #64
maxer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Burj Khalifa - 828:209=3.96 meters (4 meters)
Al Hosaini Tower - 1750:4=437
This tower have over 400 floors
maxer no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #65
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 501

Mal-investment. How much will the tower cost to build?

If Sudan has this sought of money then im sure they can build infalstructure that will actually provide a dividend for the people.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #66
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccity View Post
Jesus Christ, sgroutage

This is an actual proposed project believe it or not and their are actual Sudanese forumers on this website that can actually get their feelings hurt by your posts. Do you know how much money and jobs this could bring to Sudan? A country can't develop without being modernized.

There are two sides to every situation.
A country needs critical infrastructure to modernise, this isn't critical. Just what can a 1700m tower can that a 200m or 400m tower can't? Not a great deal.

It's excessive in a nation where too many people can't satisfy the most basic human needs. A big difference exists between the standard of living in the UAE and Sudan, so comparisons are without practical use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccity View Post
Any other innapropriate and hateful posts. and I will personally PM a moderator about your behavior. Over the line.
This is distorted and sad. This tower is certainly questionable ethically, the only hate i see is in this proposal.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #67
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

Yeah, at that height, the shape of the building will defy physics.....Even it is a miracle Burj Khalifa and Kingdom Tower are poised to stand on Earth, but because of their shape it became possible. Because most of the mass is on the bottom half. Lets see what happens, may be they will change the design that actually makes sense.
dunefreezer no está en línea  
Old December 25th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #68
musiccity
Retired Mod

Likes (Received): 15095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citystyle View Post
A country needs critical infrastructure to modernise, this isn't critical. Just what can a 1700m tower can that a 200m or 400m tower can't? Not a great deal.

It's excessive in a nation where too many people can't satisfy the most basic human needs. A big difference exists between the standard of living in the UAE and Sudan, so comparisons are without practical use.
The government of Sudan, isn't spending a dime on this project. It's privately funded. The Sudanese government doesn't have the money to develop it's infrastructure and feed it's people, the civil wars have been costly.

That is why I think this project is a good thing as it brings money and jobs to Sudan.

Quote:

This is distorted and sad. This tower is certainly questionable ethically, the only hate i see is in this proposal.
He removed his comment.
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

-Mark Twain
musiccity no está en línea  
Old December 25th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #69
JMGV196
BANNED

Likes (Received): 83

I like it, surely this isn't going to be the final design.... Anyway, I would believe it if it was in Qatar, the UAE, China or Japan... Maybe this is privately founded, but don't you think investors would like to use all this money to make something that would produce a lot more money?? It would produce a lot more money in the countries I just said... Investors would not like to spend the money on a country that unfortunately was 22 years in a civil war, that finished just 5 years ago...
JMGV196 no está en línea  
Old December 25th, 2011, 01:33 AM   #70
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

1 - I agree the bulbous design would have to be changed for this to be possible.

2 - Some of the top minds in architecture and engineering say 2 km. is technically possible, just not economically feasible. That said, there are some deep pockets out there who don't really care if a project makes money.

Love the concept of 1750 meters.
In my lifetime ... ? - I'm not optimistic ... hopeful, but not optimistic.

Ray.
Old December 25th, 2011, 01:36 AM   #71
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

1 - I agree the bulbous design would have to be changed for this to be possible.

2 - Some of the top minds in architecture and engineering say 2 km. is technically possible, just not economically feasible. That said, there are some deep pockets out there who don't really care if a project makes money.

Love the concept of 1750 meters.
In my lifetime ... ? - I'm not optimistic ... hopeful, but not optimistic.

Ray.
this project not, but i am pretty sure in your lifetime you will read about a building of that height rising, it's just a matter of time
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old December 25th, 2011, 06:01 AM   #72
blacktrojan3921
Yes, that is my face~

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
Ridiculous! I don't know what is the story of this arabic countries proposing ultra tall buildings everytime, to catch the eyes?!
And Sudan as a country is poor! They should improve their infrastructure and healthcare! Stop the war in the southern part and increase the standarts of life instead of aiming to build fantasy buildings that Japan couldn't even build.
Uh-huh; you DO realize that the president of Sudan is wanted by the International Criminal Court right? For crimes against humanity? Asking a dictator to improve a country's infrastructure instead of self-image is a bit of a long shot if you ask me.
blacktrojan3921 no está en línea  
Old December 25th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #73
Clone

Likes (Received): 35

I think south/north-sudan is/are (a) nation(s) with a lot of possibilities. If they can keep the peace then they might have a big future ahaed. I wish them all the best but I don't think that this tower is the way to go. Sudan does not need a tower like this to prove to the world that it can be a great nation. (I mean they are one of the oldest civilisations in the world) I don't believe that the people of sudan want this tower, I think thay have other more ugrent needs. The leaders of sudan should try to care more about there population and less about their ego.
Clone no está en línea  
Old December 25th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #74
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 468

april fools day comes early
Old December 25th, 2011, 06:33 AM   #75
kl 2020 ideas

Likes (Received): 0

Sudan!!!!! OMG, this is crazy. No offence people but Sudan a poor country?
kl 2020 ideas no está en línea  
Old December 25th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #76
Samanii
Guru

Likes (Received): 20

This is an amazing development. I wish them luck and prosperity. As for you envious, sick-hearted hypocrite britz and amricans. If this was built in either of your countries you would be screaming with joy and probably yelling 'USA USA ...' But because the money is being spent by arabs to arabs and muslims to muslims you are spiteful !

Its a strategic location, the money is saudi money and sudanese lands. They should work together. Will see tomorrow when your immoral, god-less, money hungry companies will be guppying all over it.
Samanii no está en línea  
Old December 25th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #77
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I find it weird how some people in this thread feel so offended by other people simply mentioning a fact that such a building in Sudan is impossible. There's nothing offensive about stating a fact

Look folks, I'm from Slovakia and I have absolutely no problem saying that we will have a supertall maybe in the 23rd century. There is no shame in admitting that your country can't handle a big project
Old December 25th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #78
RustySword

Likes (Received): 835

1750m? Why not 17500m?
RustySword no está en línea  
Old December 25th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #79
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySword View Post
1750m? Why not 17500m?
Old December 25th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #80
HiJazzey
Come on!

Likes (Received): 194

What's al-Hossaini playing at? That's the real question.
HiJazzey no está en línea  

Closed Thread