daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old December 27th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #101
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

I'm going to the Hong Kong Housing Authority tomorrow to propose a 2000m tall (residential) tower. Times are changing, so we have to keep up with the world. I mean even Sudan has a 1000m+ proposal for God's sake! I fear my city is falling behind, I'm going to book a flight to Jeddah or Port Sudan soon.

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #102
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
I'm going to the Hong Kong Housing Authority tomorrow to propose a 2000m tall (residential) tower. Times are changing, so we have to keep up with the world. I mean even Sudan has a 1000m+ proposal for God's sake! I fear my city is falling behind, I'm going to book a flight to Jeddah or Port Sudan soon.

but well yeah go ahead, i would like a 2000m building for hong kong
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #103
Atmosphere
Live from the sky!

Likes (Received): 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toetallix View Post
If it were 17500m I think it would take several generations of constructors to complete ha
What about gravity on the higher floors
Old December 27th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #104
EbrahimBro

Likes (Received): 0

I think all in this Threat are jealous
EbrahimBro no está en línea  
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #105
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

ctbuh has this one under vision already, and im pretty sure it will stay there forever, but then again you never know and it would of course be epic to see something like that rising.

but in all seriousness the only projects we should take closer looks at as the future tallest are Kingdom Tower and maybe one of these solar power towers.

this building and the one in the netherlands is rather unrealistic and impractical to begin with.

Old December 27th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #106
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13283

Thread temporarily locked.
Old February 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #107
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57940

Reopened the thread for discussion. If you guys aren't able to behave, we'll lock it again.
So no trolling, got it? Sehr gut.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea  
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #108
lady gaga
Mod

Likes (Received): 845

+1 too many African haters here thanks erbse for the support
lady gaga no está en línea  
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #109
lady gaga
Mod

BTW i just heard the designer didn't choose the height yet so it might not be a "joke" can please one of the mods delete the height from the title and replace it with question mark thanks also the feets
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #110
Spider-Man22
x-seed 4000

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Reopened the thread for discussion. If you guys aren't able to behave, we'll lock it again.
So no trolling, got it? Sehr gut.
Why? On how long?
Spider-Man22 no está en línea  
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #111
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

so maybe this tower gets a go but shorter and with a more realistic height. i can live with that.
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #112
lady gaga
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
so maybe this tower gets a go but shorter and with a more realistic height. i can live with that.
+2012 cheers mate
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #113
lady gaga
Mod

But its still proposed to be the tallest in the world
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #114
Gutovsky

Likes (Received): 5944

I'm all for the development of Sudan and Africa as a whole, but... The presentation for such a multi-BILLION dollar project is made inside a tent? I wish the urban development gets built before the tower, anyway. Dubai is becoming too mainstream!
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #115
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

Don't see why my previous post was deleted, I wasn't trolling in the slightest. Anyways, this is the most ridiculous proposal I have seen in a while. The odds of this happening are even slimmer than some people consider the Chicago Post Office development. Not trolling, just stating my opinion.
WTCNewYork no está en línea  
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #116
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

If trolling is to be truly deleted in this thread then the thread itself must be deleted cause this project is plain and simple trolling by the people who proposed it
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #117
pilspaus

First it looks like a V2 rocket, only fins missing, and second, how can a men made island support such weight , basements must be huge, and very deep.
No this wont be build, its a dreamers vision and thats it if you ask me
pilspaus no está en línea  
Old February 12th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #118

I'd like to see a building of that height built, regardless of where it is. Just not that building, it's way too ugly.
2030211111 no está en línea  
Old February 12th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #119
csaladenes

There is only one Dubai. The whole idea of city/island/marinaplanning from scratch started from here. You can copy it KSA, Sudan or Azeri, or even Abu Dhabi, but you can never recreate it.

And by he way, this Sudan tower, just as many other said, is a complete joke. You can make announcements and fancy arch models. But even the the wealthiest place on earth Abu Dhabi is struggling to keep up construction on his "cities", like Masdar City for example, or Saadiyat Island. These huuuge towers are nice ideas, but I really doubt that any of them will make it further than the drafting board. ITs just the initial enthusiasm of the governors when thay find out theat theres a couple of drops of oil nearby. Or just a PR scam.

Towers are useles, unless you have the whole supporting infrastructure. For that you need inhabitants. Western, wealthy inhabitants. Thats an utterly hard task for even shiny glamourous Dubai.

So, don't get too excited in my opinion. Unless it's not "Supertall" or its made in China, very low possibility that it is going to happen in these trying times...

The world as I see it.

Cheers,
csaladenes no está en línea  
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #120
INFERNAL ELF

Location: Trondheim Trying to reach Someplace with Skyscrapers
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaladenes View Post
There is only one Dubai. The whole idea of city/island/marinaplanning from scratch started from here. You can copy it KSA, Sudan or Azeri, or even Abu Dhabi, but you can never recreate it.

And by he way, this Sudan tower, just as many other said, is a complete joke. You can make announcements and fancy arch models. But even the the wealthiest place on earth Abu Dhabi is struggling to keep up construction on his "cities", like Masdar City for example, or Saadiyat Island. These huuuge towers are nice ideas, but I really doubt that any of them will make it further than the drafting board. ITs just the initial enthusiasm of the governors when thay find out theat theres a couple of drops of oil nearby. Or just a PR scam.

Towers are useles, unless you have the whole supporting infrastructure. For that you need inhabitants. Western, wealthy inhabitants. Thats an utterly hard task for even shiny glamourous Dubai.

So, don't get too excited in my opinion. Unless it's not "Supertall" or its made in China, very low possibility that it is going to happen in these trying times...

The world as I see it.

Cheers,

Actually Miami was the city that started the marina and artificial islands idea.

But Dubai made it grow up to a Mind blowing scale and they was the first to make great shapes out of the islands.

will be interesting to see how far this development goes but unfortunately it doesn't seem very likely. Hopefully they can pull off a 500m.

i hope the best for this project but as mentioned earlier its a big leap. and two 1000m+ on each side of the red sea would be Fantastic

Dubai and Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia has very deep pockets to support their projects.

My flickr photo stream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/infernal_elf/
INFERNAL ELF no está en línea  

Closed Thread