daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old February 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #121
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNAL ELF View Post
Actually Miami was the city that started the marina and artificial islands idea.
miami wasnt even a city when the first artificial islands were created
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crannog

for marina, no idea, since the word is quite a bit confusing.

the rest of what you said i completally agree with, though
KillerZavatar no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #122
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNAL ELF View Post
Actually Miami was the city that started the marina and artificial islands idea.

But Dubai made it grow up to a Mind blowing scale and they was the first to make great shapes out of the islands.

will be interesting to see how far this development goes but unfortunately it doesn't seem very likely. Hopefully they can pull off a 500m.

i hope the best for this project but as mentioned earlier its a big leap. and two 1000m+ on each side of the red sea would be Fantastic

Dubai and Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia has very deep pockets to support their projects.
In the case of Sudan I think even 500 meters are impossible. 200, maybe 250 meters are the maximum I expect a building in Sudan to reach. The country is simply too poor and too unstable for such large development Though I think they have a solid chance for building the tallest building in Africa. Atm this title belongs to the Carlton center in Johannesburg with 223 meters or 732 feet
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #123
lady gaga
Mod

Likes (Received): 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaladenes View Post
There is only one Dubai. The whole idea of city/island/marinaplanning from scratch started from here. You can copy it KSA, Sudan or Azeri, or even Abu Dhabi, but you can never recreate it.

And by he way, this Sudan tower, just as many other said, is a complete joke. You can make announcements and fancy arch models. But even the the wealthiest place on earth Abu Dhabi is struggling to keep up construction on his "cities", like Masdar City for example, or Saadiyat Island. These huuuge towers are nice ideas, but I really doubt that any of them will make it further than the drafting board. ITs just the initial enthusiasm of the governors when thay find out theat theres a couple of drops of oil nearby. Or just a PR scam.

Towers are useles, unless you have the whole supporting infrastructure. For that you need inhabitants. Western, wealthy inhabitants. Thats an utterly hard task for even shiny glamourous Dubai.

So, don't get too excited in my opinion. Unless it's not "Supertall" or its made in China, very low possibility that it is going to happen in these trying times...

The world as I see it.

Cheers,
please boring statement although i agree on how is going to be built in an island
lady gaga no está en línea  
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #124
lady gaga
Mod

Likes (Received): 845

I'm asking the mods to temporarily close this thread until it gets approved because all we are going to here is some people bashing Sudan so mods do you're job I'll pm one of you if it gets approved
lady gaga no está en línea  
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #125
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Nobody is bashing Sudan in this thread. People merely state the facts that point out to the ridiculous impossibility of this project
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #126
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Nobody is bashing Sudan in this thread. People merely state the facts that point out to the ridiculous impossibility of this project
and who decides if this is possible or not? you? please don't make such laughable statements EVER again. for you're information it's a Saudi company that proposed this so don't start making such comments without any good base. not to mention that Sudan is more than capable of building this on its own we live in the 21st century FYI.
xAbd0o no está en línea  
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #127
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Saudi company huh? Can you tell what company in particular it is? If you'd like to estimate chances of crazy project best way is by the company it is proposed by.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea  
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #128
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 1090

Quote:
ما يزيد عن العشرين مليار دولار، وتنفذه مجموعة الحصيني السعودية.
according to that ...

http://www.alhussainiun.com/
xAbd0o no está en línea  
Old February 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #129
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Sudan is more than capable of building this on its own we live in the 21st century FYI
Good joke. I never understood unrealistic nationalism. I love my country but I have no problem admitting that anything above 200 meters in the forseeable future is impossible in Slovakia As I said you might get a 250 meter building, if your government wouldn't mind a famine following after the tower's construction maybe even a 350 meter building but surely not a 1750 meter building

This project was best described by Saruman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #130
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Good joke. I never understood unrealistic nationalism. I love my country but I have no problem admitting that anything above 200 meters in the forseeable future is impossible in Slovakia As I said you might get a 250 meter building, if your government wouldn't mind a famine following after the tower's construction maybe even a 350 meter building but surely not a 1750 meter building

This project was best described by Saruman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc
it wouldn't start a famine, if private investors do stuff it will not change anything. It's the opposite it creates jobs for the time the construction is going, the only thing thats going down is the investors money, because he will never get the demand paid back and when his building is empty and he has to pay for people cleaning a non profitable building he will bite his shoes, but it does not lower the quality of life from the people in the country.
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #131
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I wasn't reffering to a developer, I was reffering to Abdo's statement that Sudan could build it on its own, which it could not
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #132
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Enough of this nonsense, this is garbage. Visions shouldn't be posted here.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea  

Closed Thread