daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:30 PM   #21
TrueBulgarian
Meditate on this, I will

Likes (Received): 2360

0 in about 15k km. Had 2 warnings though, one for parking near an intersection and the other for going 67 in a 50km per hour zone. I didn't give a bribe or anything, just had a chat with the officer
TrueBulgarian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:30 PM   #22
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Quote:
Originally Posted by BND View Post
(...) In Hungary this is a form of taxation. No matter who drove, the fine must be paid by the owner of the car, so you don't have to be recognised. My second speeding was shot from behind (you can see the picture taken on the police homepage).
Exactly like in France !!!

I drive since 1993, but got my license in 1998. Since then:
1) fine in France (2001) for driving ... 137 km/h instead of 90 km/h, which got my driver's license suspended for 10 days, 4 points less, and 230 EUR...
2) fine in Lithuania (2003) for driving 74 km/h instead of 60 km/h entering Lazdijai. I remember the fine was the equivalent of 15 EUR
3) 2005: 90 EUR for driving "too fast according to the road conditions" on the A15 (that is: when cops don't follow you, they can't take points from your license. There is a 110 km/h limit)
4) 2006: 124 km/h instead of 90 near Barcelonne-sur-L'Adour. 135 EUR, 2 points (as they put 118 km/h on the fine)
5) 2011: 56 km/h instead of 50 km/h. 90 EUR (arount 3 AM), 1 point - entering Saint-Germain-en-Laye from Port-Marly. The funniest part is:
a) I knew that radar, but a strange car distracted me; & when I saw the "end of built-up area", I accelerated too soon
b) I was coming back from a party at a friend's house ... & this friend is a cop !

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:10 PM   #23
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
I drive since 1993, but got my license in 1998.
You drove 5 years without a licence ???
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:25 PM   #24
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

2006 i got my lats say biggest bill to pay,drived over a crossing and the traffic light was red
- 148,50 euros(125 penalty + 23,50 some other stuff)
- 4 points in flensburg
- one moth driving licence was taken
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:46 PM   #25
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

None with the large amount of driving I did, hope 2012 is the same.
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:48 PM   #26
Zagor666
Motomaniac

I dont know how they do it but last year i went to Austria a got a speeding Ticket and i was on a Motorcycle,so watch out when you drive a Motorcycle in Austria,the austrian radar´s can also catch you when you are on a Bike
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #27
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
The message you have entered is too short. Again?
Yeah, I wanted to write just "0". My 16,000th post.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #28
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BND View Post
In Hungary this is a form of taxation. No matter who drove, the fine must be paid by the owner of the car, so you don't have to be recognised. My second speeding was shot from behind (you can see the picture taken on the police homepage).

Upside down than in Spain.
Before the "points driving licence" it worked like that, but after that... no matter for paying but should the fine includes a points decreasing, it is the car's owner responsibility to declare who is driving his car at any moment.
The fine will arrive to car's owner. He has 15 days to say who drived the car. Should he do not remember or anything with no answer... the points are decreased to owner.

(should the car is property of a company, even a rent a car, and do not declare the driver, they can get a very great fine)

Every driver started with 12 points (8 points new drivers). A fine can come together with several points decreasing (2 to 6).
Three years with no point decreasing, you increase 2 ones more (up to 15).

Should you lose all your points, it is similar than no having driving licence. You must make tramits to have a new one (different procedure but too long also).
Should you drive without driving licence (doesn't matter if you do not have, if you have lost all your points or the licence is expired) with last driving law you go directly to prison. No intermediations... police checks your data, checks you do not have licence and takes directly to prison. Next day they will send you to the jugde but be sure that night you will sleep on prison.

This system started in july 2006. All drivers started with 12 points (and they made news about which drivers lost all points in less than one week).
In july 2009 I got two points more. Today I have 14. If in july 2012 (six months more) I keep with no fines, I will arrive to 15 (maximum).

Accidents started to decrease after that system.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #29
Glodenox

Likes (Received): 655

None. I only had one close call where I think I drank just under the limit.
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #30
Xpressway
Experto

Likes (Received): 4043

Parking fine... i parked by the side of a road over the dirt.

Apparently the city inspectors forgot to enter the fine into the computer system so nothing comes up yet, hope they never do it.
"Prices are important not because money is considered paramount but because prices are a fast and effective conveyor of information through a vast society in which fragmented knowledge must be coordinated."

Thomas Sowell
Xpressway no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #31
italystf

Likes (Received): 2184

This summer at midnight: parking on an at grade traffic island in Lignano Sabbiadoro, 80 euros cause I covered road signs. Other 3 cars next mine got the same fine.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #32
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

@ GROBIN
no.5 is ridiculus.

@ Verso
congrats!
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #33
Mark19

Likes (Received): 60

$57 USD for high speed (110 km/h when the maximum speed its 90 km/h)
Mies Van Der Rohe

"Las mentes brillantes manejan ideas; las mentes corrientes hablan de actualidades; las mentes mediocres hablan y critican a los demás".
Eleanor Roosevelt.
Mark19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #34
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1141

break red light once,200RMB(30bucks),the middle lane for turn left, the left lane for go straight. i didnt observe carefully.
Old January 4th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #35
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagor666 View Post
2006 i got my lats say biggest bill to pay,drived over a crossing and the traffic light was red
- 148,50 euros(125 penalty + 23,50 some other stuff)
- 4 points in flensburg
- one moth driving licence was taken
paid so much for breaking a red traffic light ?
Old January 4th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #36
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999 View Post
yep,lucky i never had anything serious done before so i could choose in which month i gave up my driving licence.most people do it in the vacation time but i need my driving licence mostly in the summer months so i choosed april
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #37
ptscout

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
Exactly like in France !!!

I drive since 1993, but got my license in 1998. Since then:
1) fine in France (2001) for driving ... 137 km/h instead of 90 km/h, which got my driver's license suspended for 10 days, 4 points less, and 230 EUR...
2) fine in Lithuania (2003) for driving 74 km/h instead of 60 km/h entering Lazdijai. I remember the fine was the equivalent of 15 EUR
3) 2005: 90 EUR for driving "too fast according to the road conditions" on the A15 (that is: when cops don't follow you, they can't take points from your license. There is a 110 km/h limit)
4) 2006: 124 km/h instead of 90 near Barcelonne-sur-L'Adour. 135 EUR, 2 points (as they put 118 km/h on the fine)
5) 2011: 56 km/h instead of 50 km/h. 90 EUR (arount 3 AM), 1 point - entering Saint-Germain-en-Laye from Port-Marly. The funniest part is:
a) I knew that radar, but a strange car distracted me; & when I saw the "end of built-up area", I accelerated too soon
b) I was coming back from a party at a friend's house ... & this friend is a cop !
But its very fair from France that they generally not send any tickets to some countrys. So, i can report that the radar fixs are working very exactly - [email protected] no flash, 56 flash. In 2011 i made around 20 photos there.
ptscout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #38
ptscout

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagor666 View Post
I dont know how they do it but last year i went to Austria a got a speeding Ticket and i was on a Motorcycle,so watch out when you drive a Motorcycle in Austria,the austrian radar´s can also catch you when you are on a Bike
Its usual in Austria to flash from behind because the car owner needs to tell the driver, but germans need not to pay cause it doesnt work with german law.
ptscout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #39
alserrod
Bienvenue ŕ Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999 View Post

In Spain similar. Depending of danger situation but usually 150 EUR and up to 4 points in your licence (three times you do it and you have to claim for a new one with all the procedure).

Since two years ago, it is possible a 50% discount (75 EUR in this case) if you pay in less than 15 days.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #40
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9145

In Bulgaria you start with 39 points, but you can loose 10 at a time for red light, not using the seat-belt, speeding with more than 40 over the limit (12 pts &€250) etc. Smaller fines go without points, or with 3 to 5. You can go to payed courses and exam and get back 13 points once in 12 months (means that if I have 20 points and go to such exam now and get 13 more (33), I wont have right to go again until same time in 2013). If you don't have any fine for a period of 24 months, your points get automatically back to 39. If you loose all points, you can't get your driving licence for at least 6 months.
When car get's flashed by speed camera (or other CCTV - red light, wrong lane etc.), you have to go to the police and declare who drove, otherwise the owner of the car gets the fine. If the car is registered to a company - the manager has to declare who drove or, as responsible for the whole company and it's actives - gets the fine.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote