daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 7th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #61
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

If it's true, this fine is completetly ludicrous.

Where was that?

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #62
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

Exactly here.

There was a long and speedy queue of vehicles coming, the first one being a water tank minitruck and the second one the police car so I thought that accelerating a bit would be safer than stop and wait for a gap in the queue.

I'm not sure if I did something bad (there is no perfect way of pass this kind of yield signals if there are cars continuously coming), maybe I overspeeded passing before the minitruck (I don't know, since I think that observing the odometer while crossing intersections may be dangerous, but I seriously doubt it as the limit was 90km/h). The policeman said that he thought that I was so fast but their vehicle didn't had radar so they couldn't fine me for that (I would have preferred an overspeed fine indeed as it would have been 100€ with no points... 50€ if paid soon).

But if I did something wrong I think that 200€&4 points is completely disproportionate if (as the officer said) I didn't endangered the flow of traffic. But that's the problem of fixed ranges of prices for the fines... they cannot be adapted to the circumstances... here in Spain not respecting a long red traffic light at night in the middle of nowhere after being waiting a couple of minutes without seeing another car may also result in a 200€ & 4 points fine.
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #63
ptscout

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
Now even 30 km/h may mean your license is taken by the police & you gotta go home by foot & leave your car right there. So be cautious when you come here & keep under 30 km/h above the speed limit.
Now? Sine when? - or maybe there is a suspend between 30 and 39 but not immediately? Thats anyway no problem - I'm mostly with a second driver in France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtBk View Post
For some reason, I thought the French had a higher tolerance for speeding before being fined by radar or camera. Where I live, you get a $40 fine for speeding over 12 mph/20 kmh from a speed camera.

http://www.radars-auto.com/info-rada...nce-radars.php
The technical tolerance would be ok but they start with +1kmh. In Germany its different, after a tolerance of 4kmh you got fined in Brandenburg from +10kmh or in Bavaria from +15 up to +21kmh.
ptscout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #64
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptscout View Post
Now? Sine when? - or maybe there is a suspend between 30 and 39 but not immediately? Thats anyway no problem - I'm mostly with a second driver in France.(...)

Here it is !

Then tell you second driver to be careful !

A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
Old January 8th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #65
Fabri88
Keratoconic User

Likes (Received): 2201

I drive approximately 7k km per year.

I toom my driving licence on a hot 19th January 2007 and after 8 days I was warned by police because I was driving with lights off at midnight (stupid Twingo's digital dashboard and heavy street lighting). So I avoided 148 € fine and 1x2 = 2 points deducted (on a total of 20).

Then I was fined (36 €) in 2008 for having parked outside allowed areas.

Then luck was on my side last November: I drank 0,7 liters of beer (a borderline quantity that could overtake the legal limit) and Carabinieri stopped me but they have not tested my alcoholemic level. Since that time I will never drink alcohol when I have to drive.

YES TO THE UNITED STATES OF EUROPE ♥ FREEDOM FOR NORTH KOREA
STOP SYRIAN AND IRAQI GENOCIDE ♥ SUPPORT FEMINISM AND FEMALE EDUCATION
Fabri88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #66
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

Now we can start talking about our Traffic Fines in 2012,on Friday i was flashed on my Way back from Work
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #67
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 62

Happy new year!

As for me no fines that I know, though I have been flashed seven months ago on the A2 in Luzern while overtaking on of these "I'm-going-to-brake-like-there-is-no-tomorrow-because-there-is-a-radar-even-though-my-speed-is-perfectly-fine" kind of people.
M@rtoc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #68
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8709

€ 21 parking ticket in Salzburg. Still mad as hell since you couldn't tell whether there's a blue line on the ground or not.
Old January 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #69
Fabri88
Keratoconic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
€ 21 parking ticket in Salzburg. Still mad as hell since you couldn't tell whether there's a blue line on the ground or not.
21 € is a very cheap fine. In Italy you have to pay 39 €!

If blue line is abraded the fine is invalid!

Old January 8th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #70
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21231

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
Now even 30 km/h may mean your license is taken by the police & you gotta go home by foot & leave your car right there. So be cautious when you come here & keep under 30 km/h above the speed limit.
I just drive AT the speed limit, whatever it might be, and never worry about a fine for speeding. I have driven like 140.000km in the years I've had a driver's license (rough estimation) and I never had problems with speeding.

What really annoys me, though, is when somebody comes flashing or - worse - honking behind me because I'm sticking to a limit that is too low, even though I'm on the right (or only) lane, like I were the person responsible for establishing that awkward 60km/h where it should be 100 km/h.

Once I got a truck driver behind me doing just that, in an area full of tunnels and construction work in Italy's A3 (near Scilla) that was 1x1 on just one carriage. The whole area was full of 60km/h signs, it was a long down and uphill section, and a truck driver got so mad he blasted his horn for like the entire length of a 2.000m tunnel and also flashed me repeatedly. I was driving EXACTLY at the limit (there were signs every 1km or so, not that I was mistaking it for sure), with cruise control, low gear so not to disengage the cruise control downhill, I didn't fix that limit, I didn't establish that limit, I didn't put the signs up, yet the truck driver was risking a serious tunnel accident (by driving VERY close to my rear assuming I'd accelerate and flashing me, which was blinding uphill drivers) because he couldn't be bothered to drive at the mandated speed. I wished so much a policeman gave him like ¤€ 3000 in fines + suspension of license and (more important) delayed his cargo so he would be probably fired and lose his job.

I don't clog lanes, I sign all my lane moves, I don't drive below the speed limit if it is safe to drive at it, I don't tailgate and don't make merging more difficult for those merging, but I don't get the point of drivers feeling entitled to have others move out of their way as if they were in a police or ambulance or firefighting car! People on sports cars, corporate (full of stickers) cars or - the worse - delivery vans are the most likely culprits of such needless road aggression.

Last edited by Suburbanist; January 8th, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Suburbanist está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #71
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Only one for 56 km/h @ 50 kph, in the middle of the night .
36 euro's for 6km/h to fast.

Still fighting it, appeal has been rejected only just a couple of days ago, going to court for it as the camera's certificate number (not sure how to translate, ''nummer van het eikrapport in Dutch'') is not on the picture therefore the fine is unlawful in my eyes. Got caught by a stupid traffipax camera, really stupid in a well known place too I drive through daily.

I usually have eagle eyes for cops or other highway robbers hiding in the bushes but got caught by a massive camera that is impossible to miss . Usually always drive 10-20 kph to fast and this is the only time I was stupid enough to get caught, I drive a lot also for work at least 40k km per year.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #72
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabri88 View Post
21 € is a very cheap fine. In Italy you have to pay 39 €!

If blue line is abraded the fine is invalid!
39€ without ticket or with a expired ticket?

In Madrid it's 90€ if you don't have a ticket or 30€ if you have an expired ticket (I think that you have a discount if you pay 10 days or sooner after you get the notification via snail mail).

In case of expired ticket you can void the fine paying 3€ in the following hour after the expiration of the ticket.
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #73
ptscout

Likes (Received): 0

In Germany we pay 5€ without ticket or 25 with a 3h expired ticket. So, I usually buy no ticket - my only one is from March 2010 by saving around 30-50€ since then.
ptscout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #74
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
(...)

I usually have eagle eyes for cops or other highway robbers hiding in the bushes but got caught by a massive camera that is impossible to miss . (...)
I love the way you call them ! It's exactly how they should be called & from now on, I shall call them like that too ! (unless you present me something like that: "Highway Robbers" © snowdog 2012 - All rights Reserved)

Old January 9th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #75
Fabri88
Keratoconic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriK View Post
1) 39€ without ticket or with a expired ticket?

2) In Madrid it's 90€ if you don't have a ticket or 30€ if you have an expired ticket (I think that you have a discount if you pay 10 days or sooner after you get the notification via snail mail).

3) In case of expired ticket you can void the fine paying 3€ in the following hour after the expiration of the ticket.
1) Both. If a ticket expires it's like you are parking without it.

2) 90 €? They're mad!

3) How does it function? I come back to my car, I see the fine on my windshield and then? Do I have to call the police to show them I'm paying a 3 € extra-charge?

Old January 9th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #76
Fabri88
Keratoconic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptscout View Post
In Germany we pay 5€ without ticket or 25 with a 3h expired ticket. So, I usually buy no ticket - my only one is from March 2010 by saving around 30-50€ since then.
Why fine without ticket is less than the one with expired ticket?

Old January 9th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #77
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

The fines overall here are mad in the Netherlands, upped again in 2012, just to name a few irregularities:

Calling a copper an imbecile costs around 650 euros.
Smacking a copper in the face ( repeatedly, 5 times...) and an 18 year old gets away with 20 hours of work and 200 euro fine ( or in my eyes 20x minimum wage for 18 year old = 82 euros) so total 282 euros. (link)

And traffic fines (totally unrealistic comapred to the things that are actually dangerous):
Parking on a handicapped spot: 320 euros
Using your horn/claxon unneccesarily: 350 euros
Not wearing seatbelt : 120 €
Red light: 220 euro.
Driving 10 km/h to fast in a 30 kph zone like this one (where the average car drives 40-50 kph): 93 euros
Exhaust leak: 340 euros.
Warning a fellow motorist for the danger ahead for his wallet (highway robbers with lasers or radar for example): 85 euros. (they won't ever stop me doing this, I've been saved many times by fellow motorists and will always return the favor)

Especially the noise things like exhaust or using your horn, that is rediculous here, how is that in any way more dangerous than for example using your mobile phone while driving (220 euros) ?

Last edited by snowdog; January 9th, 2012 at 02:21 AM.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #78
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
In Croatia breaking the red light rule is one of the most expensive: up to 700EUR, few points and very likely ban on driving up to 6 months
No problem with that, these (and drunk driving, among others) are the dangerous manoeuvers, not doing a 20-30 km/h excess on some light-traffic motorway.

In 2011, I received two parking tickets on the windshield: one Swiss, CHF 40,-, and another Italian, EUR 39,-.
Since both were issued in different countries than the respective vehicle registrations, I paid neither of them Nothing received since, though I heard Italians sometimes give unpaid tickets to private companies in order to let them collect the fines from abroad.

Quote:
Like in Germany, there it can even cost over 1000 euros ("Beamtenbeleidigung"). Although theoretically all men are equal in front of justice, an insult against an official (Beamter) will be heavily pursued and fined, whereas charges for insulting a private person will often be dropped with the reasoning of "lack of public interest", redirecting the insulted to a civil suit ...

Last edited by Corvinus; January 9th, 2012 at 03:58 AM.
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 04:48 AM   #79
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8709

Beamtenbeleidigung is a joke.
Old January 9th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #80
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
The fines overall here are mad in the Netherlands, upped again in 2012, just to name a few irregularities:

Smacking a copper in the face ( repeatedly, 5 times...) and an 18 year old gets away with 20 hours of work and 200 euro fine ( or in my eyes 20x minimum wage for 18 year old = 82 euros) so total 282 euros. (link)

And traffic fines (totally unrealistic comapred to the things that are actually dangerous):
Parking on a handicapped spot: 320 euros
Using your horn/claxon unneccesarily: 350 euros
Not wearing seatbelt : 120 €
Red light: 220 euro.
Driving 10 km/h to fast in a 30 kph zone like this one (where the average car drives 40-50 kph): 93 euros
Exhaust leak: 340 euros.
Warning a fellow motorist for the danger ahead for his wallet (highway robbers with lasers or radar for example): 85 euros. (they won't ever stop me doing this, I've been saved many times by fellow motorists and will always return the favor)

Especially the noise things like exhaust or using your horn, that is rediculous here, how is that in any way more dangerous than for example using your mobile phone while driving (220 euros) ?
Parking in a handicapped spot may not be dangerous, but it's selfish and uncool.
Running red lights IS dangerous.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote