daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 17th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #41
kony

Likes (Received): 1242

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
That's not possible yet buddy, not even our own DXB have released they're figures yet.
In an article some days back it was stated that now dubai was the 4th busiest airport in the world. As much as i think DBX WILL be probably in that position very soon, and even the number 1 within 15 years, i dont think it is number 4 of the 2011 busiest airport.

Here is the article

http://www.emirates247.com/accession...01-03-1.435670
kony no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #42
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by kony View Post
In an article some days back it was stated that now dubai was the 4th busiest airport in the world. As much as i think DBX WILL be probably in that position very soon, and even the number 1 within 15 years, i dont think it is number 4 of the 2011 busiest airport.

Here is the article

http://www.emirates247.com/accession...01-03-1.435670
DXB is the fourth busiest international airport at the moment, will be number one in 2015 over taking Heathrow. 2018 should be the year DXB reaches capacity with 90-100 million pax/year then the show moves to DWC, and the all new 160 million plus capacity site.

DXB will have completed C3 early next year, then the expansion of T2, and C4 are in the works before operations are moved to DWC.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #43
kony

Noir dresses, i accept everything, but where are the datas ? Because judjing by the 2011 datas computed from january to september, DUBAI was just number 14...

So how can it go from Number 14 to number 4 in just 3 months
Now if i look at the list of airports by international traffic, from january to august 2011, Dubai was 6th and NOT 4th!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%2...senger_traffic

I love Dubai, but guys we have to work by the datas and not by some dreams or some wrong anticipations !

The Emirates247 article is even more wrong when it states dbx is the 4th busiest airport period, without even mentionning «by international passenger traffic»...how couldnt you see it ?

Last edited by kony; January 17th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #44
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Noir dresses, i accept everything, but where are the datas ? Because judjing by the 2011 datas computed from january to september, DUBAI was just number 14...

So how can it go from Number 14 to number 4 in just 3 months ?

Now if i look at the list of airport by international traffic, from january to august 2010, Dubai was 6th and NOT 4th!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%2...senger_traffic

I love Dubai, but guys we have to work by the datas and not by some dreams or some wrong anticipations !

The Emirates247 article is even more wrong when it states dbx is the 4th busiest airport period, without even mentionning «by international passenger traffic»...how couldnt you see it ?
DXB is the worlds fourth busiest "international airport" as of now, didn't see all the statistics for 2011 yet, nor do they mean to much to DXB because what matters is now. DXB will be surpasing 5 million pax/month average this year with out a problem.

With Emirates/FlyDubai fast paced organic growth you'll be surprised how numbers/statistics change. Just EK will be recieving an average of 30 380/77W airframes a year for the next three years to come.
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #45
kony

Listen Dude you are not the one to decide if an airport is ranked number 1 or number 4...

I showed you the available datas which prove you wrong...i asked you to show the datas that prove your point and you failed...

Your persistance to being ignorant is stunning when in post #39 yourself admits that DXB has not released the datas yet

Man some guys here are really moron. Show datas, this is why we want on skyscrapercity...not dreamS !
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #46
takashi48

Likes (Received): 29

Just a misunderstanding, I think he's talking about this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...senger_traffic
takashi48 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #47
kony

Quote:
Originally Posted by takashi48 View Post
Just a misunderstanding, I think he's talking about this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...senger_traffic

I know that ranking, i m the one who posted it just in my previous post to prove the point lol
But in this ranking DBX IS NOT 4th but 6th
And that NOIR DRESSES guy is insisting that dubai is 4
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #48
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Listen Dude you are not the one to decide if an airport is ranked number 1 or number 4...

I showed you the available datas which prove you wrong...i asked you to show the datas that prove your point and you failed...

Your persistance to being ignorant is stunning when in post #39 yourself admits that DXB has not released the datas yet

Man some guys here are really moron. Show datas, this is why we want on skyscrapercity...not dreamS !
First, and foremost change your tone cause from what I see you have a bad attitude. If we are lost in translation that's where dialogue steps in to understand each other better.

You go find your numbers yourself now because I don't need them, nor do I care any more.

Second of all I'm on SSC because it's a great pot of information when it comes to realestate, especially when you own property around the world like me. These aviation posts are just for fun until the dark side of your twisted personality kicked in, now they're not.

Third, when it comes to aviation chat I'm on Flyertalk where we have indepth discusions, with knowledgable people who would know what I'm talking about.

Back to wikipedia for you, and ignore my posts from now on, thank you in advance.
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #49
kony

Well i dont know why you are unwrapping all your pedigree which most of us dont care about....

Now i hope your datas on real estate or flying are more accurate than whatever bullshit u stated here about airports traffic...because if NOT i can see more desillusion for you about real estate market ah ah lol

Last thing dude : here if you can not prove your claiming with facts then SHUT UP ! Because otherwise you are fooling everyone with wrong information stating around that dubai is 4TH BUSIEST AIRPORT when its not.
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #50
noir-dresses
bling bling

I'll give this one more shot.

What part of fourth busiest international airport " as of now " don't you understand ?????

I'm not talking about 2011 statistics, but now.

We still don't know accurate DXB pax numbers yet because December figures are still not available/released. When they release the December numbers we will know exactly what the numbers for DXB are for 2011.

For the last couple of months Dubai has higher average traffic than Frankfurt, and Amsterdam which has showed a pattern that it's ranked number four as of now.

To understand what I'm talking about better you need to get a list of monthly traffic from FRA/AMS/DXB for 2011, and compare, only then will you realize that DXB is 4th as of now.

We don't need to wait a whole year to realize one airport has more traffic than another one.

One more thing has to be pointed out for DXB, and that is FlyDubai has stated they will most likely switch they're opperations to DWC in 2012. It will be interesting to see what DXBs numbers will be like when that happens.
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #51
kony

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
What part of fourth busiest international airport " as of now " don't you understand ?????

I'm not talking about 2011 statistics, but now.

Noir dresses, i think you COMPLETELY missed the point of this thread ...which is World's busiest airport 2011

So whatever discussions about airport traffic in january 2012 (which would be pointless when only 16 days of 2012 has passed !) is beyond the point of this thread...but still you can open a new thread if you want.

regarding the topic of this very thread, you were wrong and i had to let you know that you were fooling people around
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #52
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Noir dresses, i think you COMPLETELY missed the point of this thread ...which is World's busiest airport 2011

So whatever discussions about airport traffic in january 2012 (which would be pointless when only 16 days of 2012 has passed !) is beyond the point of this thread...but still you can open a new thread if you want.

regarding the topic of this very thread, you were wrong and i had to let you know that you were fooling people around
Your right, didn't focus on the 2011 part, my bad.

No hard fellings I hope.
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #53
kony

no don't worry i love Dubai and i really wish it becomes the first...which should happen very soon !
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #54
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
no don't worry i love Dubai and i really wish it becomes the first...which should happen very soon !
I can see DXB being number one international, but for number one over all I think China will give it a run for it's money.

Not to mention full throttle DWC is a long, long time from now, who really knows what will happen by then.
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #55
kony

Yeah dubai as a whole has the will and capacity to be there...future will tell
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #56
noir-dresses
bling bling

Actually did a little research, and this is what I found.

AMS had 49,755,252 pax for 2011, about a 10 percent rise from 2010.

http://www.schiphol.nl/SchipholGroup...Statistics.htm

FRA had 56.44 million pax for 2011, a 6.5 percent rise from 2010.

I'm thinking some of those pax are local traffic, and not international.

Let's not forget FRA new fourth runway will really increase aircraft movements in the future.

http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...-achieves.html

Now DBX had 46,287,234 pax up to the end of November 2011, and we are still waiting for December figures which we know will be more than AMS, and less than FRA. I will post once we get the figures.

http://www.dubaiairport.com/en/media...ses.aspx?id=66

So in the end it looks like DXB should take 5th place for sure when it comes to international traffic. Would really like to see what FRA international traffic really is ???
Old January 17th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #57
bubbalo

Likes (Received): 924

London is at top of international traffic with more than 60 mil passenegers per year by ACI 2010 (current growth it will be 62-63 mil. by end of 2011) Thats first place on the list.

Paris is currently the second busiest of international traffic with 53 mil. passenegers (2010 by ACI)

Now Amsterdam has 49 755 252 passengers in 2011, almost 100% is considered as international, so lets say Amsterdam international passenegers are 49 million.

Frankfurt airport handled 52.191.355 by november 2011 (this site, page 9: http://www.adv.aero/fileadmin/pdf/st...ember_2011.pdf) if u count passengers in germany its 6.248.415 so it means 88% are passengers international. Final statistic of Frankfurt says it transported 56 436 255, so according my counting it transported aroun 49 600 000 internatiolna passengers.

Dubai is almost the same as Amsterdam, almost all passengers are considered as international. This year Dubai will reach 51 mil. passengers. So there will be around 50,5 mil international passengers.

We cant forgot Hong Kong, i am not sure how ACI count international passenegers in case of Hong Kong, but as i see it, its almost the same with Dubai and Amsterdam, almost all passengers are international. In 2011 Hong Kong reached 53,8 mill passengers. So around 52 or 53 should be international.

London 62-63 mil
Paris 55,6 mil
Hong Kong 52-53 mil
Dubai 50,5 mil
Amsterdam 49 mil
Frankfurt 49,6 mil

As i see it the list of 2011 will be identical as 2010, i think only AMS and FRA switch their positions.

Here is the list of 2010 by ACI
LHR - 60 904 418
CDG - 53 150 330
HKG - 49 854 000
DXB - 46 313 680
FRA - 46 306 814
AMS - 45 136 967

EDIT: Paris International passenegers 55 674 880

Last edited by bubbalo; January 17th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
bubbalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #58
noir-dresses
bling bling

Good post bubbalo, at least we know now what FRA international traffic was for 2011.

I can see how Dubai's airlines can fool even the brightest minds with they're fast paced organic growth when it comes to statistics. To get a better idea of what's going on you need to be infront of the curve, instead of the end, or even middle of the curve.

I think I can predict Dubai passing Hong Kong in 2012, the real question is how close will it be to CDG ???

Lets say just EK (never mind FlyDubai expansion) get an additional 30 380/77W in 2012. Now let's say 15 of those airframes will replace 8 343s, and 7 332s, so we're left with 15 additional aircraft added to the fleet, not to mention even more seat capacity because the airframes are bigger. Now we also factor in not all the airframes will be added to the fleet at once, but in a twelve month period. Then let's give EK a bare minimum of 80 percent load factor for the year, I'm sure it will be higher.

What is your prediction for DXB pax numbers for 2012 then ?
Old January 17th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #59
bubbalo

Likes (Received): 924

well you are probably right with DXB surpassing HKG in 2012 (HKG doesnt have that big potencional growth as DXB, in DXB new concourse, more planes for emirates as you mentioned etc.)

If you look at DXB strategical plan, the prediction is 56,5 mil passenegers, but we have to think about two options.
First one is that the growth will be high due to opening new concourse, additional flight, new planes, replacing small planes by bigger ones and new destinations.
Second option is about oil prices, economical situation, type of new destination, local conditions (opening New Doha Airport, growth of Sharajah airport, Abu Dhabi airport and possibly DWC) which may cause slow growth. It all depends which of those two options will grow more.
Before the economical crisic annual growth was in 2004 - 20%, 2005 - 14%, 2006 - 16%, 2007 - 19%, when the crisic started the growth went little bit down: 2008 - 9%, 2009 - 9%, 2010 - 15%, 2011 - 8%.
Lets say the growth will be in 2012 same as in 2011, we can talk about 55 mil passenegers.
I dont think the growth will be smalle than 8%. So i think minimum number for 2012 will be 55 mil passengers, but with very big possibility that i could be more, i think we can talk about 56 maximum 57 mil passenegers in 2012.
bubbalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #60
noir-dresses
bling bling

One thing is for sure, there will be serious expansion no matter what the world economy will be like. There has never been such an agressive international expansion like EKs in aviation history, that's why the legacy carriers are worried.

We are also still expecting another 30 A380 orders soon.

Hence the opening of Concourse 3 has been pushed back to early 2013.