daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise > Visayas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 13th, 2014, 09:32 PM   #1
batusay

Likes (Received): 16615

ILOÍLO | SM City Iloilo Expansion [mix|u/c]

Welcome to
SM City Iloilo Expansion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dynamicRoxas, tonyobayawak, Zaz965 liked this post
batusay no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 13th, 2014, 09:35 PM   #2
batusay

SM Prime allots P36B for expansion

On the sidelines of the opening of the SM Megamall Fashion Hall, SM Prime chief financial officer Jeffrey Lim told reporters that the company will spend about P10 billion to boost the leasable space in SM Mall of Asia, North Edsa, Bacolod, Iloilo and Taytay in the next two years.

The expansion of Mall of Asia, Bacolod and Iloilo will focus on boosting their retail space, while the expansion of Taytay and North Edsa will cover the construction of new buildings beside the malls to accommodate new office space.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 13th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #3
batusay

SM to spend P10 billion to expand malls

The P10 billion forms part of the P36 billion in capital expenditures earmarked by the SM group this year.

Sy said the expansion would include its flagship Mall of Asia in Pasay, which it would expand by an additional 200,000 square meters of retail space, or the equivalent of a community mall. The company will also expand its shopping malls in Lipa, Bacolod, Iloilo and North Edsa in Quezon City.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 13th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #4
batusay

Originally posted by hedhere

The "Fence" of SM's Hotel

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 13th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #5
batusay

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 13th, 2014, 09:40 PM   #6
batusay

SM City Expansion on the move..

from a reliable oracle

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 13th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #7
batusay

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 13th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #8
batusay

SM Prime hikes bond issue to P25 billion

Sy said they are also expanding the SM malls in Bacolod, Lipa, Iloilo, Taytay and North EDSA which will see the construction of an office building for the business process outsourcing sector.

He said MOA will be a purely retail expansion and should be completed by 2016 while the expansion of other malls by 30,000 to 50,000 sqm. should be finished by 2015 or earlier.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 13th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #9
batusay

Originally posted by iCity

Ara guid sa atubangan sg parkingan ko gaina.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 13th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #10
batusay

Originally posted by iCity

May ga pile drive man sa kilid outside of Ace Hardware.

Sa SM City gali ini tanan.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 13th, 2014, 10:07 PM   #11
barbas_bigote
crap duster

Likes (Received): 5780

wala na ta ni mahimo migs, excited si Batusay eh..LOL

ang pamangkot, ang expansion ang FA sang SM x2 na or +<> 75%-80%?

irregardless, the biggest will go bigger...tama man gamit ko sang english dude eonyx? bwehehe
There's a school of thought that says we shouldn't have stopped,esp with our proximity to a hostile city.This kind of aggressiveness is what I mean by interrupting the enemy's own decision-making cycle.It's against all doctrine, but as the general reminds me,doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative.-Generation Kill

batusay, iCity, ajosh821, tambay328 liked this post
barbas_bigote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #12
yakimo

Likes (Received): 310

ara na guid gale...baskog guid iloilo..
yakimo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 03:30 AM   #13
barbas_bigote
crap duster

kag ibalik ko naman ang argumento sang migo ko nga mas maayo kuno ang wala drawing2 kag diretso na expand...

ti ari na, wala drawing, diretso na expand...ti boot ni silingon mas maayo gali ang expansion sang SM City Iloilo eh no? hahaha
There's a school of thought that says we shouldn't have stopped,esp with our proximity to a hostile city.This kind of aggressiveness is what I mean by interrupting the enemy's own decision-making cycle.It's against all doctrine, but as the general reminds me,doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative.-Generation Kill
Old May 16th, 2014, 04:07 AM   #14
arcabe
airport kargador..

Likes (Received): 897

Official na ni?
Old May 16th, 2014, 04:38 AM   #15
barbas_bigote
crap duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcabe View Post
Official na ni?

kon basbasan mo pre sang balaan mo nga tubi nga malapuyot eh.
Old May 16th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #16
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 3234

As expected, SM will expand its mall in order to prepare with its nearby competitors (Ayala, Megaworld, Gaisano). Looking forward for this expansion project.

|
ajosh821 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #17
barbas_bigote
crap duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajosh821 View Post
As expected, SM will expand its mall in order to prepare with its nearby competitors (Ayala, Megaworld, Gaisano). Looking forward for this expansion project.
I honestly don't think SM's master-plan here in Iloilo is to compete. maybe that is the rationale behind other SM expansions here in the region. go level with the latest provincial SM's in the country. when you say compete, you'll make a project at par with another. that's a nice concept, a successful recipe to bring out a contest to another.

But my logical heart tells me, SM will make(as They have newly defined it), a Destination Mall, not just a typical SM Premier Mall.
Destination Mall is a kind of branding that is in infancy.
relative to how MW did its concept about EAT LIVE WORK PLAY.
Both has the aim to DOMINATE the intended market.

Let me check my checklist to reinforce. You can disagree or agree.
1. A strong regional capital
2. A national travellers hub
3. An international gateway
4. An emerging tourist destination
5. A burgeoning Metropolitan Area that has a strong middles class and an increasing upper class market.
6. OFW Country
7. Financial Liquidity in a locale

take into consideration too
1. SM's loyal patrons eversince they set up the first SM Shop outside Metro Manila
2. prudent yet sustaining spending habit of ilonggos
3. strong chinese influences in local business culture.

Last edited by barbas_bigote; May 16th, 2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old May 16th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #18
hawker501

Likes (Received): 5

congrats.,di mag pahuli si sm sa ayala..
Old May 16th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #19
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 3234

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbas_bigote View Post
I honestly don't think SM's master-plan here in Iloilo is to compete. maybe that is the rationale behind other SM expansions here in the region. go level with the latest provincial SM's in the country. when you say compete, you'll make a project at par with another. that's a nice concept, a successful recipe to bring out a contest to another.

But my logical heart tells me, SM will make(as They have newly defined it), a Destination Mall, not just a typical SM Premier Mall.
Destination Mall is a kind of branding that is in infancy.
relative to how MW did its concept about EAT LIVE WORK PLAY.
Both has the aim to DOMINATE the intended market.
I concur but it depends on SM if they want to compete head-to-head with other 3 firms unless they include BPO Office, SMX Convention Center and/or Hotel in the masterplan. As what I mentioned earlier, compete in a sense that they compete with other commercial/retail developments such as MCM/Festive Walk (MEG), Atria Superblock (ALI), and Retail Zone within ICC (Gaisano). Anyway, I hope they release the rendering as soon as possible.

|
ajosh821 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #20
batusay

Originally posted by ReDeFiNe @11

SM City Expansion

Zaz965 liked this post