daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Miami

Miami » Development News | Also includes Broward and Palm Beach Counties



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 12th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #1
perwil3356
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 144
Likes (Received): 121

MIAMI PERFECT AFTER 40 YEARS-CELEBRATION TIME

The 72 'Miami Dolphins remain the only team to accomplish the feat of going undefeated as yesterday, Atlanta the only remaining undefeated team lost to the New Orleans Saints, so Miami remains the only team in Perfectville.
perwil3356 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #2
perwil3356
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 144
Likes (Received): 121

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1zLVcqT800
perwil3356 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #3
theEmbarcadero
Registered User
 
theEmbarcadero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Alajuela
Posts: 2,606
Likes (Received): 1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by perwil3356 View Post
The 72 'Miami Dolphins remain the only team to accomplish the feat of going undefeated as yesterday, Atlanta the only remaining undefeated team lost to the New Orleans Saints, so Miami remains the only team in Perfectville.
...and hated for it too, by all the pundits and talking heads! They cheap shots they take for being proud of their great accomplishment is sickening!!!
theEmbarcadero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #4
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre
 
QuantumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 10,739
Likes (Received): 8811

In Monday Night Football, New Orleans handed Atlanta their first loss of the season, so still perfect.
__________________
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done -- I don't know when that will be -- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.''
Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05


My photo threads:



QuantumX está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #5
1772
Registered User
 
1772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,275
Likes (Received): 749

Wouldn't it be awesome if the first ones to break it would be... the 2013 Miami Dolphins?
1772 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #6
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure
 
spellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: philly/miami
Posts: 6,848
Likes (Received): 3995

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
In Monday Night Football, New Orleans handed Atlanta their first loss of the season, so still perfect.
That would come as news to the Chiefs and Steelers (who played last night) but thank you Saints, regardless!
spellbound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #7
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure
 
spellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: philly/miami
Posts: 6,848
Likes (Received): 3995

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1772 View Post
Wouldn't it be awesome if the first ones to break it would be... the 2013 Miami Dolphins?
I'd take better odds on me living on Mars a year from now, but of course it would be awesome.

When a Dolphins fan says it's the one record they never want to see broken, it's true EXCEPT for that one caveat.

Seriously, though, I DO think the Dolphins will have the chance to be very good as soon as next year. That godawful Titans game doesn't change my opinion on Tannehill being the answer at all (hey, he'll have more stinkers too--he's 22) and the team is heading into a good cap situation with extra draft picks for ammo. They can make a significant move up (but I wouldn't look for zero losses!)
spellbound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #8
theEmbarcadero
Registered User
 
theEmbarcadero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Alajuela
Posts: 2,606
Likes (Received): 1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
That would come as news to the Chiefs and Steelers (who played last night) but thank you Saints, regardless!
ROTFMFAO

What is funnier? Q's mistake....or that no one caught if before now...???
theEmbarcadero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #9
theEmbarcadero
Registered User
 
theEmbarcadero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Alajuela
Posts: 2,606
Likes (Received): 1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
I'd take better odds on me living on Mars a year from now, but of course it would be awesome.

When a Dolphins fan says it's the one record they never want to see broken, it's true EXCEPT for that one caveat.

Seriously, though, I DO think the Dolphins will have the chance to be very good as soon as next year. That godawful Titans game doesn't change my opinion on Tannehill being the answer at all (hey, he'll have more stinkers too--he's 22) and the team is heading into a good cap situation with extra draft picks for ammo. They can make a significant move up (but I wouldn't look for zero losses!)
The god-awful loss to the Titans CHANGED MY MIND!!! I am hoping they rise to mediocrity in the next 10 years....

Thank God for the HEAT!!!!
theEmbarcadero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:22 AM   #10
perwil3356
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 144
Likes (Received): 121

HERE IS A TRUE-FALSE

Griese threw every pass in the Super Bowl against the Washington Redkins during their 17-0 season.
perwil3356 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #11
Endeavor305
Registered Fool
 
Endeavor305's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 2,724
Likes (Received): 1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by perwil3356 View Post
HERE IS A TRUE-FALSE

Griese threw every pass in the Super Bowl against the Washington Redkins during their 17-0 season.
Does Garo Yepremian's attempt to throw a pass count as an attempted pass? If so, then FALSE.

__________________
It's never too late.
Endeavor305 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #12
perwil3356
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 144
Likes (Received): 121

^You got it Endeavor. probably the worst pass in history, but nevertheless an attempted pass. If that incident had not occurred the Dolphins probably would be the only team with a shut out in the Super Bowl the way their defense played.

Last edited by perwil3356; November 14th, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
perwil3356 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #13
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure
 
spellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: philly/miami
Posts: 6,848
Likes (Received): 3995

Quote:
Originally Posted by perwil3356 View Post
^You got it Endeavor. probably the worst pass in history, but nevertheless an attempted pass. If that incident had not occurred the Dolphins probably would be the only team with a shut out in the Super Bowl the way their defense played.
And--had Garo made that FG, would have completed the 17-0 season with a 17-0 win.

I guess that scenario was just a little TOO perfect!
spellbound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #14
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre
 
QuantumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 10,739
Likes (Received): 8811

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEmbarcadero View Post
ROTFMFAO

What is funnier? Q's mistake....or that no one caught if before now...???
You'll be as old as me one day, getting your days and nights all mixed up!
__________________
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done -- I don't know when that will be -- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.''
Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05


My photo threads:



QuantumX está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #15
theEmbarcadero
Registered User
 
theEmbarcadero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Alajuela
Posts: 2,606
Likes (Received): 1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
You'll be as old as me one day, getting your days and nights all mixed up!
I am there already, Q!

I woke up last Friday and turned on my TV and college football was on. I said, WTF???

Come to find out, it was Saturday.....lost a day, somewhere in the middle of the week.

Just call me Ray Milland!
theEmbarcadero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #16
CalleOchoGringo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,992
Likes (Received): 1692

True/False trivia:

If Garo Yepremen hadn't tried to pass and just fallen on the FRIGGIN BALL!!! ...we would also have the only shutout in superbowl history.



More of a rhetorical true false... *Sigh*


--- edit ---
Nm just saw Spells post.

--- edit again ---
and perwils
CalleOchoGringo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #17
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre
 
QuantumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 10,739
Likes (Received): 8811

CalleOchoGringo is getting old too!
__________________
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done -- I don't know when that will be -- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.''
Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05


My photo threads:



QuantumX está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #18
theEmbarcadero
Registered User
 
theEmbarcadero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Alajuela
Posts: 2,606
Likes (Received): 1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalleOchoGringo View Post
True/False trivia:

If Garo Yepremen hadn't tried to pass and just fallen on the FRIGGIN BALL!!! ...we would also have the only shutout in superbowl history.



More of a rhetorical true false... *Sigh*


--- edit ---
Nm just saw Spells post.

--- edit again ---
and perwils
Not only that, but if Garo's FG attempt would have been successful, the final score of a 17-0 season would have been 17-0...!!!!!
theEmbarcadero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #19
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure
 
spellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: philly/miami
Posts: 6,848
Likes (Received): 3995

All this talk about getting old reminds me of a...um...it reminds me of...uh...where the hell am I, anyway?
spellbound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #20
theEmbarcadero
Registered User
 
theEmbarcadero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Alajuela
Posts: 2,606
Likes (Received): 1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
All this talk about getting old reminds me of a...um...it reminds me of...uh...where the hell am I, anyway?
Enid!
theEmbarcadero no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu