daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 20th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #401
BE0GRAD
∰f(W)dw≣∭f(r,φ,θ) drdφdθ

Likes (Received): 1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
damn just visited this site (panarabiaenquirer.com). I got fooled so easily

So this tower for me is still in the "dream stage"
The moment I've read the words "Saudi minister for tall things" I new it had to be a satire.
BE0GRAD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #402
BE0GRAD
∰f(W)dw≣∭f(r,φ,θ) drdφdθ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldBlackMarble View Post
Sorry, but I think you guys are being bamboozled, and allowing your fetish for height blind you to the obvious.
Look at the picture above , the proportions are all wrong. The glass panes of the cladding are about 3 to 4 times taller than the other two buildings per floor. Or look at the lobby floors. They are completely out of proportion.
The building is made for Na-Vi people from planet Pandora which are about 5 meters tall.
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:00 AM   #403
Khaleejian

Likes (Received): 807

Quote:
seriously, some of this comments are hilarious Saudis talking about showing off? And uae guys complaining about man made islands? It just shows that if something extremely big is undertaken all competitors unite in complaining. The same is with Americans bashing the burj khalifa, and now Arabs bashing this.

It also MAY show something more. I mean if high profile representatives united to bash this project together this can be the first real sign that this project is not that unrealistic as we (well at least I) thought. I still have no doubt the designs we've seen are just poor concepts and still am waiting for something real, but this news points some light at this project.
Man, you just super-owned yourself for taking that article seriously. Sorry man but it's the truth.

Let's be realistic about Azerbaijan's aim to build the tallest tower in the world... on a man-made island!

At least Burj Khalifa was built inland, so would the Kingdom Tower. And seriously, both these towers look a lot better than the giant turd-looking thing Azerbaijan plan on building.

But goodluck anyway.
Khaleejian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:20 AM   #404
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Yeah at least several others did it as well But yeah it's no excuse

I think I wouldn't take it seriously if it was about US or an European country. I don't know maybe I assumed everything is possible in saudi arabia (even ridiculous politicians) since they build things like Kingdom Tower or don't allow womens drive. Or I took some names as an error in translation (that ministry of Tall things ) or just read the article fast. Other than that English is obviously not my native language and I'm still far from mastering it. I often read articles fast and get from them the general idea wthout recording peoples or institutions names I'm not 200% sure how institutions are being named in English either. I can tell you if I heard "ministry of tall things" directly translated to polish there is no way I would have taken it seriously And last but not least I didn't expect satire article posted by hater, big supporter of this project.

Yep, thats my useless defense
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Last edited by patrykus; June 21st, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:52 AM   #405
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

So when will cladding installation begin?
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:23 AM   #406
patrykus

On this? probably never... oh wait, are you ironic again?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:54 AM   #407
Bosi

Likes (Received): 71

Holy S... what an ugly building. I wouldn't want to look at a giant turd in the horizon everytime I go out of my house...

Good luck Baku...
Bosi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:14 AM   #408
Bosi

Likes (Received): 71

In respect to my previous comment, no intentions to offend anyone and I am sorry if I may seem like a troll but this tower just overwhelms me...
Bosi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:09 AM   #409
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy
Wrong thread?
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:59 AM   #410
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8242

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
2023 if at all
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 02:49 PM   #411
kamranyeezy
Кямран Дадашев

Likes (Received): 1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
2023 if at all
are you a "minister for tall things" in Baku ? so don't be so sure about the fate of this giant, guys
kamranyeezy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:28 PM   #412
patrykus

I said it many times and I will say it again. Let me see the design with the name on it then we can talk. Now we can just keep joking because its all about this tower is right now. And if they ever build it once again: There is no way it will look like on the latest renders

For some perspective I can tall you for instance that nakheel towers first designs (several years before the construction started) were already made by renowned architect studio. The same with kingdom tower. The creator of this we still don't know which means if it ever gets its REAL design it most likely will be far from what we can see now.

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:34 PM   #413
BE0GRAD
∰f(W)dw≣∭f(r,φ,θ) drdφdθ

Quote:
I said it many times and I will say it again. Let me see the design with the name on it then we can talk. Now we can just keep joking because its all about this tower is right now. And if they ever build it once again: There is no way it will look like on the latest renders

For some perspective I can tall you for instance that nakheel towers first designs (several years before the construction started) were already made by renowned architect studio. The same with kingdom tower. The creator of this we still don't know which means if it ever gets its REAL design it most likely will be far from what we can see now.
I think so too. The "Greenland Center" in Suzhou is as well represented as a boring box in the initial proposal with final design presented later. The design is BTW fantastic!
Old June 21st, 2012, 07:37 PM   #414
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamranyeezy View Post
are you a "minister for tall things" in Baku ? so don't be so sure about the fate of this giant, guys
hey, what i said was actually a well-thought pun. Let us think about everything works well. Then this project will start ground works ~2018 when the island is pretty much done, the rising may start in 2019. and when it is far above in the sky the cladding may start a few years later
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:20 PM   #415
hater

Likes (Received): 1223

the whole Khazar Islands project is to be completed by 2022
the tower will start rising in 2016 and due to be finished latest by 2020

the works on Islands is going day and night
hater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:04 PM   #416
Donodöner
Public Enemy №1

Likes (Received): 1678

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxer View Post
You're ugly! Exquisite design, very futuristic, like a building out of the game Anno 2070
Yes ,you are right. It reminds me of the biggest house of the tycoons.

Excuse me, but even 25% of the GDP of Azerbaijan wouldn't be enough to built this.
Donodöner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:35 PM   #417
hater

Likes (Received): 1223

private investors ^
hater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:11 AM   #418
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

4 years to build this monster seems very short. hope this tower will come to light though.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:14 AM   #419
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar
4 years to build this monster seems very short. hope this tower will come to light though.
At least 6 years i would say.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:41 AM   #420
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
At least 6 years i would say.
i agree, it is all about the design though, if they change their mind and instead build just a not as big ass tower with a big spire they may actually be able to finish it in 4 years

Tags
baku