daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM   #421
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6533

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar

i agree, it is all about the design though, if they change their mind and instead build just a not as big ass tower with a big spire they may actually be able to finish it in 4 years
Hopefulky not. I want to see a massive tower
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:16 PM   #422
MyHeartIsYours

Likes (Received): 0

i love project; It is better than Kingdom
MyHeartIsYours no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:55 PM   #423
Fuad765

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donodöner View Post
Excuse me, but even 25% of the GDP of Azerbaijan wouldn't be enough to built this.
This tower costs 2 bln. Azerbaijan's nominal GDP is 62 bln so 3.2 percent of GDP is enough.
Fuad765 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #424
Ferahim

Likes (Received): 824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuad765 View Post
This tower costs 2 bln. Azerbaijan's nominal GDP is 62 bln so 3.2 percent of GDP is enough.
It is private construction; why are we counting GDP ?
Ferahim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #425
Fuad765

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahim View Post
GDP does not import. I just wanted to inform Donodöner that Azerbaijan's GDP is 62 bln.
Fuad765 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #426
Bozqurd

Likes (Received): 31

Azerbaijan is an oil producing country, the state has more money than countries that has much larger GDP's. Maybe this is the fact you are avoiding. You could take a look at GDP's of Gulf states for instance, yet they are richer than most of countries in world.
Bozqurd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #427
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

and again it was said often enough, this project is not government related but from a private investor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
Hopefulky not. I want to see a massive tower
yes me too, but what are the chances, once they realize they can get the title 'worlds tallest' with paying less money. first i want to see real designs for this tower and i do hope they resemble at least a bit of what the developers themselves should us what they imagine.
KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #428
Ferahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
and again it was said often enough, this project is not government related but from a private investor.

yes me too, but what are the chances, once they realize they can get the title 'worlds tallest' with paying less money. first i want to see real designs for this tower and i do hope they resemble at least a bit of what the developers themselves should us what they imagine.
Trust me! It going to be true. The land, airport, some residents, formula 1 are under construction. However, they still keep secret the main tower render. I don' t know why or what will be happen if they publish it.
Old July 7th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #429
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Do you actually know these things (about the tower), are you insider or close to one or are you just guessing?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #430
hater

Likes (Received): 1223

I know the guy who works there and what Ferahim said is true
hater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #431
Ferahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Do you actually know these things (about the tower), are you insider or close to one or are you just guessing?
we are not sharing some news.
This is good article
http://translate.google.com/translat...rticle%2F67082
different source.

The project was Khazar Islands registered by the tax authorities 03.07.2012 14:20

Last edited by Ferahim; July 8th, 2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #432
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Let me ask again more precisely

Do you know there exist real design render for this tower, or are you guessing?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #433
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahim View Post
The construction cost will be part of GDP for that year, private or otherwise.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #434
Ferahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Let me ask again more precisely

Do you know there exist real design render for this tower, or are you guessing?
Sorry, I cannot answer this question.
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #435
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

any idea when they plan to reveal a final design? or alledged design or anything other than the first designs we had which weren't from any architect firm at all.
KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #436
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 7547

One of the biggest investors of Turkey is interested in Khazar Islands project

One of the famous businessmen of Turkey and Middle East, billioner Ali Aghaoghlu has today visited Baku in order to acquaint with Khazar Islands project and discuss cooperation on this project, APA reports.

He arrived in Baku at the invitation of Avesta company’s leadership. Aghaoghlu told journalists that Khazar Islands project is very interesting: I have arrived to Azerbaijan as a guest of Ibrahimov in order to discuss joint cooperation opportunities here. At present time, huge projects are realized in Baku, Azerbaijan. I have already acquainted with the project and it incredibly interested me. During the visit, I will get acquaint with the construction. Khazar Islands – is world-scaled project, it will contribute to image of Azerbaijan and Baku in the world. On this occasion, I congratulate Mister Ibrahimov’.

Author of Khazar Islands project, president of Avesta company Haji Ibrahim Ibrahimov noted that visit of Aghaoghlu is one of indicators, showing fast development of Azerbaijan: ‘This visit shows how incredible this project is. Khazar Islands is already recognized on a global scale. The project has interested Ali bey. We will carry out joint works in this project’.

‘300 ha area has already been established here. Nearly 10 restaurants are being constructed here. Khazar Islands projects caused interested of world investors. An initial agreement related to attraction of foreign investors has already been signed. It is planned to hold presentation ceremony of this project in September’ he added.

Remind that, Ali Ibrahimov was born in 1954 in Trabzon. His business started in 1975. His Agaoglu Group is engaged in realization of huge construction projects in Turkey since 1990. up to this day, the company has realized construction projects such as «My World», «My Office», «My Towerland». At the moment, Agaoglu Group’s activity covers construction and resort areas. According to research carried out by popular "Forbes" magazine in 2011, Ali Agaoglu – is the 564th rich and influential person in the wolrd with 2.1 billion. Capital and 10th in Turkey,.

Khazar Islands will cover 3,000 ha area. It will consist of 41 different sized islands and 19 districts. The archipelago will cover 24 sq/km by 8km in length and 3km in width. Total length of the line of boulevard islands will be 50 km. Construction of Khazar Islands on a manmade island in the Caspian Sea will cost $ 100 bln. Construction works have been started 10 months ago. At present time, construction is underway on one of the biggest islands and 6-7 residential buildings on this island. In general, the city to be built until 2022-2023 will have 1 mln residents. Sales and Marketing Director of Khazar Islands Kenan Guluzadeh told APA that the first residents will tae the first step on the island in 2013-2014.

http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=175327
Old July 10th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #437
Ferahim

^
Ibrahim İbrahimov (owner) and Ali Aghaoghlu (investor)

Old July 10th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #438
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

-
Quote:
Sorry, I cannot answer this question.
Riiiiight ...............

This is as likely to be built as Dubai Sky City (and nowhere near as pretty) ...

Ray.
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #439
Khaleejian

Likes (Received): 807

The design needs to change, that's for sure. They can't keep it like this, it's very ugly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozqurd View Post
Azerbaijan is an oil producing country, the state has more money than countries that has much larger GDP's. Maybe this is the fact you are avoiding. You could take a look at GDP's of Gulf states for instance, yet they are richer than most of countries in world.
Pfft. The gulf states are pseudo-rich, most of the wealth is going to waste. If Azerbaijan is like the gulf states---which wouldn't surprise me---then goodluck to them because they'll need it like we do.
Khaleejian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #440
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1155

It is just a placeholder, IMO. They will redesign the whole building.
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
baku