daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 11th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #441
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

it has been said dozen of times it is a placeholder and people keep commenting it. The final building may be somehow similar but I highly doubt it will consist just of three tubes going almost up to 1000m. It is most likely fiscally impossible.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #442
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

The height is a placeholder too. There's no way this thing will be 1050 meters tall
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #443
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Why do you say that?
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #444
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

A megatall, especially a world's tallest megatall is simply way too much for Azerbaijan to handle. The country just doesn't have the money. A 350 meter supertall? Yes, but not a 1050 meter megatall

Btw, by what I said above I didn't mean that Azerbaijan is a poor country, only that it is not among the richest countries in the world (just like my country). For example my country, Slovakia, couldn't even build a supertall
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #445
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

and again, the government or the country is not the investor of this project. i agree that this project is unlikely, but for different reasons.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #446
hater

Likes (Received): 1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
A megatall, especially a world's tallest megatall is simply way too much for Azerbaijan to handle. The country just doesn't have the money. A 350 meter supertall? Yes, but not a 1050 meter megatall

Btw, by what I said above I didn't mean that Azerbaijan is a poor country, only that it is not among the richest countries in the world (just like my country). For example my country, Slovakia, couldn't even build a supertall
thats not true at all
Azerbaijan government is spending heavily on huge projects in Baku and is spending many billions every year for next 15 years to develope Baku's and other cities infrastructure

this project alone is worth many billions

and Azerbaijan Government doesnt have anything to do with whole Khazar Islands project it is funded by private investors and already alot of money been invested in this project just recently Turkish investor allocated 125million $ for this project
hater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #447
hater

More and more investors interested in this project =)

Qatar may invest 1 bln$ in Khazar Islands project

famous Nakhill company has appealed Avesta and expressed intention toward the management of the project.

In the coming days, representatives of Euro-Atlantic Investment Fund comprising also investors from the US, Canada and Europe will visit Baku in order to acquaint with the project.

The first foreign investor has already been attracted to Khazar Islands – an initial agreement has been signed with Turkish Sema company on allocation of $50 mln invest.

apa.az
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #448
Ferahim

Likes (Received): 824

Quote:
Originally Posted by hater View Post
More and more investors interested in this project =)

Qatar may invest 1 bln$ in Khazar Islands project

famous Nakhill company has appealed Avesta and expressed intention toward the management of the project.

In the coming days, representatives of Euro-Atlantic Investment Fund comprising also investors from the US, Canada and Europe will visit Baku in order to acquaint with the project.

The first foreign investor has already been attracted to Khazar Islands – an initial agreement has been signed with Turkish Sema company on allocation of $50 mln invest.

apa.az
http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=175540
Ferahim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #449
Ferahim

Likes (Received): 824

Quote:

really? i am sorry dude this is wrong country to compare.

This is goverment projects much more expensive than supertall building burj dubai or Azerbaijan tower ...etc. If we offer ourselves this huge city project, for us to build megatall or supertall or or super super tall is nothing.

Baku White city

HAydar ALiyev Avenue

Last edited by Ferahim; July 13th, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Ferahim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #450
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

that golden thing looks like a 800m+ observation tower O_O
and in the video it looks like there are more than a dozen 250m+ buildings and several supertalls planned. is this all just concept or are there more details about the single buildings in this masterplan? it reminds me of similar projects in dubai that never got behind the planning stage.

more pictures
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #451
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

at 2:50 you can see Infinity Tower of Dubai in the Background .

but the twisted tower looks indeed very tall. i would guess somewhere arround 700-800m or even taller
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #452
hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
at 2:50 you can see Infinity Tower of Dubai in the Background .
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #453
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Oh my god, that golden tower is hideous
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #454
hater

dont worry it will never be built =P
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #455
Arda_1923

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahim View Post
^
Ibrahim İbrahimov (owner) and Ali Aghaoghlu (investor)

dont let him any thing to built!

he builds ugly skyscrapers with bricks,

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...903130&page=16
Arda_1923 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #456
hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arda_1923 View Post
dont let him any thing to built!

he builds ugly skyscrapers with bricks,
he is just investing
Old July 16th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #457
MissyC

Baku is going to be the Dubai of the Caspian Sea area

Last edited by MissyC; January 29th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.
MissyC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #458
MissyC

Quote:

Kanto, please do not make comments like that when you don't know the region and a country's demographics and geology that very well.

Dubai rich? Are you kidding me? Did you know that they are amongst the poor people on this planet? The fact that just 1% there has the money and that they love to spend so much to make statements when so stupid not to realize that their money is not well spent but actually wasted; disappearing in a endless hole while they could easily invest their money in "green" technology, the abundance of solar power and what do they do there? They build the most energy inefficient buildings like those Palm Islands and the World project that consume most of their own fossil fuel every second!?

They are not rich at all and once their Oil and such is running out and the interest of cities with clean air, natural beauty and a friendly civilized nation that has the discipline to work hard and is proud to be European, much closer to London and Moscow or Ankara or Stockholm will ensure Dubai and their "friends" will lose their appeal and become less and less interesting.

Nothing on this planet, these days, is eternal and pretty much short-lived. They come, rise and fall. One after each other, but there are a few nations that will rise and shall not fall.

Cuba, Azerbaijan, Birma and Mexico are a few to mention.

Azerbaijan is already recognized as a most desirable holiday destination among European tourists who like both comfort, history and a different lifestyle. (unlike UAE), they are muslim, but moderate muslims, secular, progressive, friendly and rich! FAR more than any Persian Gulf state.

In fact, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Tadjikistan and their neighbors are going to play a major role in the 21st century.

Do a better research before saying things at loud that make no sense. I know what I am talking about. Dubai is a waste of energy, time, resources and all else. No wonder their neighbor, Abu Dhabi is doing it far better being of a totally different mind-set and approach. Having said that, don't forget that if there was no Abu Dhabi to bail out Dubai, they will be totally went bust already.

Too much commercial real estate there, most of which empty! it is all about " appearance" yet again, most people over here who visit such places like Dubai return and never go back! But I know Europeans who were in Azerbaijan and they sure like to return and explore the region further.

They have:

Clean Fresh Air

Natural marvels, mountains, rivers, etc

Wine, together with Georgia, they produce high quality unique wine

Organic Kitchen, aweseom cuisine,

Natural resources, Oil, Gas, etc

Modern agriculture

and a whole lot more to name ...

Oh and they are already investing in Clean Energy, Biotechnology and such

And they can produce Oil and Gas for at least 50 years and feed the entire planet!

Poor? ... don't make a fool of yourself.

@Ferahim: Beautiful city, Baku is truly a beautiful city, they have beautiful music and hopefully, before winning the next song contest, those projects (except supertalls that don't fit there), will be already constructed in this new Paris on Caspian sea!

Old July 16th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #459
Face81

Likes (Received): 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteJ View Post
Kanto, please do not make comments like that when you don't know the region and a country's demographics and geology that very well.

Dubai rich? Are you kidding me? Did you know that they are amongst the poor people on this planet? The fact that just 1% there has the money and that they love to spend so much to make statements when so stupid not to realize that their money is not well spent but actually wasted; disappearing in a endless hole while they could easily invest their money in "green" technology, the abundance of solar power and what do they do there? They build the most energy inefficient buildings like those Palm Islands and the World project that consume most of their own fossil fuel every second!?

They are not rich at all and once their Oil and such is running out and the interest of cities with clean air, natural beauty and a friendly civilized nation that has the discipline to work hard and is proud to be European, much closer to London and Moscow or Ankara or Stockholm will ensure Dubai and their "friends" will lose their appeal and become less and less interesting.

Nothing on this planet, these days, is eternal and pretty much short-lived. They come, rise and fall. One after each other, but there are a few nations that will rise and shall not fall.

Cuba, Azerbaijan, Birma and Mexico are a few to mention.

Azerbaijan is already recognized as a most desirable holiday destination among European tourists who like both comfort, history and a different lifestyle. (unlike UAE), they are muslim, but moderate muslims, secular, progressive, friendly and rich! FAR more than any Persian Gulf state.

In fact, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Tadjikistan and their neighbors are going to play a major role in the 21st century.

Do a better research before saying things at loud that make no sense. I know what I am talking about. Dubai is a waste of energy, time, resources and all else. No wonder their neighbor, Abu Dhabi is doing it far better being of a totally different mind-set and approach. Having said that, don't forget that if there was no Abu Dhabi to bail out Dubai, they will be totally went bust already.

Too much commercial real estate there, most of which empty! it is all about " appearance" yet again, most people over here who visit such places like Dubai return and never go back! But I know Europeans who were in Azerbaijan and they sure like to return and explore the region further.

They have:

Clean Fresh Air

Natural marvels, mountains, rivers, etc

Wine, together with Georgia, they produce high quality unique wine

Organic Kitchen, aweseom cuisine,

Natural resources, Oil, Gas, etc

Modern agriculture

and a whole lot more to name ...

Oh and they are already investing in Clean Energy, Biotechnology and such

And they can produce Oil and Gas for at least 50 years and feed the entire planet!

Poor? ... don't make a fool of yourself.

@Ferahim: Beautiful city, Baku is truly a beautiful city, they have beautiful music and hopefully, before winning the next song contest, those projects (except supertalls that don't fit there), will be already constructed in this new Paris on Caspian sea!

Ignorance is such bliss
The late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum [1912 - 1990]
Face81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #460
MissyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face81 View Post
Ignorance is such bliss
It is not.

Tags
baku