daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 16th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #461
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Likes (Received): 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteJ View Post
Nothing on this planet, these days, is eternal and pretty much short-lived. They come, rise and fall. One after each other, but there are a few nations that will rise and shall not fall.

Cuba, Azerbaijan, Birma and Mexico are a few to mention.
What an odd statement.

So a communist regime, a nation intertwined in a serious geopolitical dispute that is unlikely to end without a war, a nation that has recently felt turmoil and is still rocky, and Mexico, a nation that has a capital with millions, sat on a dangerous fault line?

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #462
hater

Likes (Received): 1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOTHRILL View Post
What an odd statement.

So a communist regime, a nation intertwined in a serious geopolitical dispute that is unlikely to end without a war, a nation that has recently felt turmoil and is still rocky, and Mexico, a nation that has a capital with millions, sat on a dangerous fault line?
communist regime?
hater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #463
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Not trying to hate on those nations, they are all great and there are others worse off, but of all the countries that user could've picked to make her (largely irrelevant) point she chose those terrible examples :o
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #464
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61272

It's only natural that people doubt if this project is feasible.

Azerbaijan is a country of 10 million people, and this whole project the Khazar Islands is for a city of 1 million people. The developers have be 100% certain that the population growth, either local or import will be high enough to fill this whole city together with this tower. Especially since this is only one of the many projects that are in development in this country. And I simply don't believe that Azerbaijan will suddenly become this popular.

If it was just this tower I would say go for it, it's good to be ambitious. But the scale of this whole new city is just too big to be economically realistic.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #465
Ferahim

Likes (Received): 824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
It's only natural that people doubt if this project is feasible.

Azerbaijan is a country of 10 million people, and this whole project the Khazar Islands is for a city of 1 million people. The developers have be 100% certain that the population growth, either local or import will be high enough to fill this whole city together with this tower. Especially since this is only one of the many projects that are in development in this country. And I simply don't believe that Azerbaijan will suddenly become this popular.

If it was just this tower I would say go for it, it's good to be ambitious. But the scale of this whole new city is just too big to be economically realistic.
Somewhat agree but the land is already under construction and it is not only one project. For example new city for capital, increasing the numbers of subway stops, malls, movie theaters, and tons of new builds for Baku. Flame tower just for starter. There are 2 new project upcoming socar tower and crescent tower. Crescent tower will be second seven start hotel in the world. And I am not talking about full moon, trump tower, cultural center, port Baku etc etc..

Last edited by Ferahim; July 17th, 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Ferahim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #466
Ferahim

Quote:

@Ferahim: Beautiful city, Baku is truly a beautiful city, they have beautiful music and hopefully, before winning the next song contest, those projects (except supertalls that don't fit there), will be already constructed in this new Paris on Caspian sea!

Thank you
Old July 17th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #467
MissyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOTHRILL
Not trying to hate on those nations, they are all great and there are others worse off, but of all the countries that user could've picked to make her (largely irrelevant) point she chose those terrible examples :o
edit

Last edited by MissyC; January 29th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.
MissyC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #468
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahim View Post
Somewhat agree but the land is already under construction and it is not only one project. For example new city for capital, increasing the numbers of subway stops, malls, movie theaters, and tons of new builds for Baku. Flame tower just for starter. There are 2 new project upcoming socar tower and crescent tower. Crescent tower will be second seven start hotel in the world. And I am not talking about full moon, trump tower, cultural center, port Baku etc etc..
Thanks for backing up my post.

I don't doubt that this tower of any of the other towers can't be built, there's plenty of money. But since there are so many projects going on at the same time, but it's without a clear signs that the population is growing at such a pace that all this construction is actually sustainable.

Unless you can show me statistics that the population is growing as fast as the construction of new houses. Or show some policies that are enforced to attract more foreign capital, businesses and people. Are there actually plans to try to diversify the economy that is now almost completely based on the oil production.
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #469
hater

Quote:
that is now almost completely based on the oil production.

its not completely based on oil its about half now and decreasing

new projects like new Baku port , Shah Deniz 2 delivering gas to markets in Europe , many projects in the capital and other cities to increase tourism
help build up Azerbaijan`s economy
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #470
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Quote:
The points you base your findings on are irrelevant.

You need to understand World politics and Wall Street as well as WFC's policy making so know what I mean. You are still way too too too too young to understand.

Btw; Azerbaijan is NOT a communist country. Neither is Russia, China and Cuba.

If you can find one long queue of people wearing the same clothing in line waiting for a kilogram of sugar and two pounds of butter and a loaf of bread using a coupon; in any of those places; then you have all the right to use the terminology.

Wait; nowadays in USA there are more people waiting patiently for their food using their food stamps!!

Pretty much everything you said was irrelevant :') and Cuba is a communist country, no debate.
Old July 17th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #471
Ferahim

Quote:

I don't doubt that this tower of any of the other towers can't be built, there's plenty of money. But since there are so many projects going on at the same time, but it's without a clear signs that the population is growing at such a pace that all this construction is actually sustainable.

Unless you can show me statistics that the population is growing as fast as the construction of new houses. Or show some policies that are enforced to attract more foreign capital, businesses and people. Are there actually plans to try to diversify the economy that is now almost completely based on the oil production.
Yes today the most income comes from gas, oil, gold, diamond, caviar, vegetables, fruits. However, We are trying to progress truism sector too. And most projects are not investing from government. Government only takes care subways, The large are of cities and avenues which i showed the video. The rest projects invested by private companies, for example, Dia Holding, Zqan Holding, Pasha Holding, ISR Holding, Azersun, Azinco etc.

You will find more information from this links

http://www.pashaholding.com/
http://www.diaholding.com/
http://isrholding.com/
http://zqan.az/
http://www.khazarislands.com/

And Azerbaijan not only making money from selling oil, but also filling stations, supplying energy, investing and purchasing some strategy terminals, ports and land, in different countries
http://www.petrolplaza.com/images/ne...262323c3d9.jpg

here is the link where Socar at
http://www.socar.ge/

Population:

Before 2000 Azerbaijan population were 7 million and after 2000 it become 8 million till 2008 but today it is 9.3 million

this link shows till 2011 but still ok to see statistic
http://www.google.com/publicdata/exp...l=en&ind=false

Yes we have potential to grow fast. Now we looking for to become 15 or 20 million in the region.
http://abc.az/eng/interview/139.html

And i am not counting 30 million Azerbaijani in north side iran.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijan_(Iran)

Last edited by Ferahim; July 17th, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #472
MissyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOTHRILL View Post
Pretty much everything you said was irrelevant :') and Cuba is a communist country, no debate.
edit

Last edited by MissyC; January 29th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.
MissyC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #473
cd7890

Likes (Received): 24

OH MY GOSH,we are not talking about communism,clean it up here,i cant wait to see this trower to get built,it would be a radical departure,but that seems to be just azerbaijan copying dubai (BK),this whole islands project is something that is impressive for a country like this,but,if they pull it off it will shock everyone,just like Dubai did in 2008-10
cd7890 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #474
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahim View Post
Yes we have potential to grow fast. Now we looking for to become 15 or 20 million in the region.
http://abc.az/eng/interview/139.html
A headline that goes..

"Azerbaijan’s head tasks to increase population up to 20 million people for sake of country’s survival"

... doesn't really give reassurance that everything is going well.

Although it could be done with local people, the majority of people living in Dubai are also from India.

But still, I still don't believe this project is the way to do this in a manner that is sustainable. The chances are just too big to have an almost empty city, that's never good international publicity.
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #475
hater

no actually the city has big chances to become a success majority of population is moving to Baku right now Baku has around 4 million people thts almost half of the country`s population lives in Baku because of much better conditions
the government been thinking of moving the capital or building a new city to take off some pressure from Baku for a long time and many apartments in the city are already being sold at fast rate.
Old July 18th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #476
Ferahim

Quote:
But still, I still don't believe this project is the way to do this in a manner that is sustainable. The chances are just too big to have an almost empty city, that's never good international publicity.

Well, I hope you have seen the pictures, video and even the images from satellite in a past posts.
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #477
Khaleejian

Likes (Received): 807

Quote:
Kanto, please do not make comments like that when you don't know the region and a country's demographics and geology that very well.

Dubai rich? Are you kidding me? Did you know that they are amongst the poor people on this planet? The fact that just 1% there has the money and that they love to spend so much to make statements when so stupid not to realize that their money is not well spent but actually wasted; disappearing in a endless hole while they could easily invest their money in "green" technology, the abundance of solar power and what do they do there? They build the most energy inefficient buildings like those Palm Islands and the World project that consume most of their own fossil fuel every second!?

They are not rich at all and once their Oil and such is running out and the interest of cities with clean air, natural beauty and a friendly civilized nation that has the discipline to work hard and is proud to be European, much closer to London and Moscow or Ankara or Stockholm will ensure Dubai and their "friends" will lose their appeal and become less and less interesting.

Nothing on this planet, these days, is eternal and pretty much short-lived. They come, rise and fall. One after each other, but there are a few nations that will rise and shall not fall.

Cuba, Azerbaijan, Birma and Mexico are a few to mention.

Azerbaijan is already recognized as a most desirable holiday destination among European tourists who like both comfort, history and a different lifestyle. (unlike UAE), they are muslim, but moderate muslims, secular, progressive, friendly and rich! FAR more than any Persian Gulf state.

In fact, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Tadjikistan and their neighbors are going to play a major role in the 21st century.

Do a better research before saying things at loud that make no sense. I know what I am talking about. Dubai is a waste of energy, time, resources and all else. No wonder their neighbor, Abu Dhabi is doing it far better being of a totally different mind-set and approach. Having said that, don't forget that if there was no Abu Dhabi to bail out Dubai, they will be totally went bust already.

Too much commercial real estate there, most of which empty! it is all about " appearance" yet again, most people over here who visit such places like Dubai return and never go back! But I know Europeans who were in Azerbaijan and they sure like to return and explore the region further.

They have:

Clean Fresh Air

Natural marvels, mountains, rivers, etc

Wine, together with Georgia, they produce high quality unique wine

Organic Kitchen, aweseom cuisine,

Natural resources, Oil, Gas, etc

Modern agriculture

and a whole lot more to name ...

Oh and they are already investing in Clean Energy, Biotechnology and such

And they can produce Oil and Gas for at least 50 years and feed the entire planet!

Poor? ... don't make a fool of yourself.

@Ferahim: Beautiful city, Baku is truly a beautiful city, they have beautiful music and hopefully, before winning the next song contest, those projects (except supertalls that don't fit there), will be already constructed in this new Paris on Caspian sea!

Roflcopter seizure galore!

Wait a minute... so Dubai isn't rich because the money is controlled by 1% of the people, right? But Azerbaijan isn't? Are you kidding us? Who's controlling the wealth in Azerbaijan?

Now I don't know about you but there's a huge problem if a country is dark red. Not just red, like China... but dark red, like Pakistan!

If the Emirates isn't rich then Azerbaijan also isn't rich. Both countries depend on oil to make a living. I can't see how the UAE isn't rich to you but Azerbaijan is. That's a bogus statement.

Funny, the map actually has UAE better than Azerbaijan in corruption (or lack of it). So if the UAE has 1% of the people controlling money, I wonder what Azerbaijan has? 0.2% controlling everything? Maybe just the president and his hot wife?

Nothing is permanent, everything rises and falls... according to you. But then you say there are some that shall rise and never fall? What is this, am I reading the Gospel here? Are you talking about Jesus? Welcome to the age of reason.

I hate to break it up to you, everything falls. We're insignificant little beings in a huge universe that doesn't give a shit about us. I'm sorry but you're fantasizing that some things never fall.

Lol, by the way, who's proud to be European? Azerbaijan isn't in Europe, last I checked. Infact there's not a single method of connecting Azerbaijan to Europe... not by language, not by genetics, not by geography, not even by religion. Nothing wrong with that. They should be who they are, why should they pretend to be something they're not?

Anyway so that I don't become too philosophical here, this is about Azerbaijan's tall tower, which I wish them goodluck in building. But please don't write fiction here. Your story is nice and sweet, like a Disney animation, but sorry, it's far from the truth.
Khaleejian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #478
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

this thread is about a building, which is financed by private investers and not the country it is build in. so the discussion is off topic no matter how rich or poor, how communist or democratic the country is
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #479
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 7547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleejian View Post
Lol, by the way, who's proud to be European? Azerbaijan isn't in Europe, last I checked. Infact there's not a single method of connecting Azerbaijan to Europe... not by language, not by genetics, not by geography, not even by religion. Nothing wrong with that. They should be who they are, why should they pretend to be something they're not?
A bit offtop but then I have to clarify some points:

1) Azerbaijan is a country located on the crossroads of Europe and Asia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijan

2) Speaking geographically unless you consider the whole Caucasus as a part of Europe, most of the country is located in Asian continent (Middle East) while the rest is located in Europe whereas Caucasus Mountains is a natural border between two continents http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe

3) Speaking geopolitically Azerbaijan is a european country. It is a member to majority of european organizations (including Council of Europe, European Court on Human Rights and European Bank on Reconstruction and Development etc.) except EU which also considers Azerbaijan as a european country non member of European Union http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/index_en.htm

4) Europe is a big mixture of nations and cultures sharing a common history and values. I am proud to say that a majority muslim nation Azerbaijan historically had jewish and christian minorities with some churches dating more than 1000 years. Already in 1918 Azerbaijan established the first very democracy in the islamic world where women were granted with voting rights http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbai...ratic_Republic Moreover, Azerbaijan is proud of having the very first opera and secular university among majority muslim nations. These are european values we also shared with them even at that times.

We are proud of who we are!

Last edited by Galandar; July 19th, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
Galandar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #480
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 7547

Here you can see the entry to the islands (where Azerbaijan Tower is expected to locate) with construction of a new highway:

Photo by Francis Prymerski http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4367169&type=3

Tags
baku