daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 7th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #681
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by hater View Post
I actually quite like the the current one
but like I thought the height of the tower in the render is between 800-900m
and there were rumors that they found an investor for the tower
so that might of caused the change
otherwise they would of just extended it again
There is no change. This tower have never had an actual design. Hopefully that will change soon.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #682
The Caspian

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Now that's something I've been waiting to read here for a long time. Can you tell us anything more about the tower? Are you involved in the project or a person you know maybe is? Do you know the architect of the tower or when you expect the design to be showed to the public.

I will remain skeptical until I see the proper design but posts like that even from completely new members casts some light on the future of this project.
I am not involved in the project and I don't know when the final design will be published. But the final design and the architect(s) have not yet been announced by Avesta. Only the scheduled date for the construction start in 2016 has been announced. I don't know any more than the rest of the public. As one can also see from the construction of the skyscrapers (which turned out to be far more elegant), they do not bear any resemblance to the outlandish sketches which were first published alongside with the Azerbaijan Tower. I assume (at least hope) that the final design of the Azerbaijan Tower, will not bear a resemblance to the first sketch. As with many projects, the final designs differ greatly from the original sketches.

Kutsuit, Galandar liked this post
The Caspian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #683
The Caspian

Likes (Received): 96

Disneyland rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahim View Post

For this information to be true and credible, there needs to be an official announcement or if the contrary is the case an official rebuttal from The Walt Disney Company itself, otherwise it will stay just as a rumor from unofficial and unreliable sources. Since there are no official news in their websites, this is still a speculation.
The Caspian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #684
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Likes (Received): 9014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caspian View Post
I am not involved in the project and I don't know when the final design will be published. But the final design and the architect(s) have not yet been announced by Avesta. Only the scheduled date for the construction start in 2016 has been announced. I don't know any more than the rest of the public. As one can also see from the construction of the skyscrapers (which turned out to be far more elegant), they do not bear any resemblance to the outlandish sketches which were first published alongside with the Azerbaijan Tower. I assume (at least hope) that the final design of the Azerbaijan Tower, will not bear a resemblance to the first sketch. As with many projects, the final designs differ greatly from the original sketches.
I hope you're right. Welcome to the forums, by the way.

SkyscraperCity'e xoş gəlmisiniz.

Zaz965 liked this post
Kutsuit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #685
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caspian View Post

Too bad. I hoped what you said is a little bit more than just a guess. I agree, there's no way the final product will look like on those renders We've seen so far. But given location and reputation of the developer I have little hope for this tower. And the fact that they still haven't even announced architect competition doesn't help. Well I guess we still have to wait for some actual news then.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old August 8th, 2013, 02:18 AM   #686
antra

Likes (Received): 97

So when are they planing to start building this monster ?
antra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #687
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1142

It's written on this page.
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:18 AM   #688
hater

Likes (Received): 1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by antra View Post
So when are they planing to start building this monster ?
hater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #689
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by hater View Post
by then they may have an estimate of how tall Kingdom Tower end up being and prepare for ensuring they can get taller
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #690
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post

by then they may have an estimate of how tall Kingdom Tower end up being and prepare for ensuring they can get taller
Yes, in 2016 Kingdom Tower will be almost half way up already
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #691
Ferahim

Likes (Received): 824

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
May be that is reason, they are keeping hide to real render as much as possible. But I am sure it will look something like this.
Ferahim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #692
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

The design's kinda ugly anyway. I hope it will be sleeker and more elegant.
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:18 AM   #693
hater

Quote:
Eversendai was recently linked to a structural steel contract worth more than RM300 million for the world’s tallest skyscraper, the US$2 billion (RM6.1 billion) Azerbaijan Tower.

The 189-storey tower, which is slated to complete construction in 2018/2019, is a development by Avesta Group of Companies. – Bernama
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/b...azerbaijan-job
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:10 AM   #694
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Great news, but with a price that low, I can only imagine how poor worker's wages will be.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:48 AM   #695
hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
Great news, but with a price that low, I can only imagine how poor worker's wages will be.
the workers actually get paid above average
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:54 AM   #696
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

So does currency largely account for that difference, or is it something else? BK cost almost as much as this but was much smaller and paid workers $4 a day.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:13 AM   #697
hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
So does currency largely account for that difference, or is it something else? BK cost almost as much as this but was much smaller and paid workers $4 a day.
doesn't BK cost $ 500 million less?
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM   #698
patrykus

That's great news. This is the first time we hear some actual information backing up this project. Still a little bit weird they are working on the steel supply when no serious design has been shown yet...

Old August 22nd, 2013, 12:27 PM   #699
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

they still aim for 2018/2019 completion date, they better start preparing the plot then 189 floors sounds great and more believable than the 250 floor figure. hope this project can finally go ahead, it looks like it is getting from a visionary project to a much more realistic concept right now. 2 billion usd also sounds like a relatively realistic price i think, all about how the design will end up being. my guess would be we get another pyramidical insired shape.

i think a contract for structural steel is enough proof that this project is more than just a vision though, but an actual proposal, so i changed the status from vision to proposed again on skyscraperpage.

Last edited by KillerZavatar; August 22nd, 2013 at 12:33 PM.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:17 PM   #700
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

So we've definitely a real project here and not justa vision. Now i'm even more excited .
A first contract is great, hope to hear more soon.
And i finally want to see a design!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
baku