daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Irish Architecture Forum

Irish Architecture Forum For architecture in both the North and South

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #61
hypnotoad24

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47 View Post
It would be great to have Bowe back playing for an Irish side.
He would be a bonus to Irsh rugby.
Indeed, by all accounts he has had an indifferent season for the Ospreys this year... much like the Ospreys themselves really. But, as we saw on Sunday, even when he isn't at his best, he is still lethal, and very fast. Scored one... and set up the other too if i remember correctly (i've tried to forget as much as possible of the Wales game lol, roll on France!).
hypnotoad24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 7th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #62
JD47

Likes (Received): 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotoad24 View Post
Indeed, by all accounts he has had an indifferent season for the Ospreys this year... much like the Ospreys themselves really. But, as we saw on Sunday, even when he isn't at his best, he is still lethal, and very fast. Scored one... and set up the other too if i remember correctly (i've tried to forget as much as possible of the Wales game lol, roll on France!).
I had to buy a new remote after the Wales game and then I needed to get a new window installed because I did'nt have one
JD47 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 02:21 AM   #63
hypnotoad24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47 View Post
I had to buy a new remote after the Wales game and then I needed to get a new window installed because I did'nt have one
PENALTY?

PENALTY MY ARSE REFEREE!
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #64
plank007

Likes (Received): 24

Watch this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/16932699. Absolutely ruthless from Ulster.
plank007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #65
jpgjohnnyg
boondock

Likes (Received): 26

Mclaughlin should tell Ulster to go stick their academy position and then he should pick a bunch of 16 year olds to play in the QF against Munster. Thats what I would do after they had just stabbed me in the back. As for Humphreys and the rest of the Ulster management team with behaviour like that they will go far in the IRFU, bad timing, ineptitude, irresponsible - they are perfect
jpgjohnnyg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #66
JD47

Quote:
PENALTY?

PENALTY MY ARSE REFEREE!
I can see my broken remote on the floor
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #67
thebig C

Likes (Received): 127

I would agree with many of the sentiments above. The penalty at the end was at best harsh, and Wales should have been permanently down to 14 men. However, its hard to quibble because in the way they approached the game Ireland showed tatical inepitude. Overall, the way we seemed to mindlessly give away possession was very redolent of the 2007 World Cup under Eddie O'Sullivan!

The only bright spot is that no team has thus far played exceptionally well, and I can see England, France and Wales potentially losing games. Therefore the Championship could still be on the cards. I do think the IRFU should at least start thinking about a management replacement though!
thebig C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #68
thebig C

Quote:
Spot on! He would be an asset to any team he featured on. Definately one of my favourite players and I can't think of a bad game he's had in an Ireland jersey.
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #69
thebig C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgjohnnyg View Post
Mclaughlin should tell Ulster to go stick their academy position and then he should pick a bunch of 16 year olds to play in the QF against Munster. Thats what I would do after they had just stabbed me in the back. As for Humphreys and the rest of the Ulster management team with behaviour like that they will go far in the IRFU, bad timing, ineptitude, irresponsible - they are perfect
Yes, they seem to be making a bad situation worse. I would imagine there is a fairly caustic athmosphere in the Ulstar camp now, which can't be good for big match preparations!
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #70
jpgjohnnyg
boondock

Apart from Earls Ireland unchanged for France game!
Wow Im amazed really, never thought he would do that! - muppet! A good thumping in Paris to come watch the crafty French attack the centres - only a guess though obviously Deccie has thought about such a radical tactic from the French obviously. Cant wait for Pearson to penalise us again and gift the opposition plenty of oppotunities and then for us to politely not blame him (Didnt he wreck us last year against France and Ulster in Clermont with awful decisions). Never mind any luck and Kidney will be out at the end of the championship

As for the penalty for Wales the disciplinary panel told Ferris today that not only was it not a yellow but it wasnt even a penalty!!! Barnes Pearson and the citation officer all need a good slap over the wrist which of course wont happen
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #71
thebig C

Can't quite believe that there will only be one change. It seems as if Kidney is trying to brazen it out and if he can attain victory the thew Wales game will be chalked up to bad refereeing. Very risky strategy. Regardless of the poor decisions, we should have had Wales dead and buried by 70mins. France are a much stronger side. To put it in context, when Dimitri Yashvili had to withdraw for an injury he was replaced by Morgan Parra....teams would kill to have him in their starting 15 let alone on their bench.

The refereeing was indeed terrible though, its sad that even after the advent of video technology we still face these kinds of situation. Pearson has a particularly infamous record in this regard....I dislike him almost as much as Kaplan!
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #72
Seravia

Likes (Received): 5

Disappointing as it was, I was expecting Earls in centre (HE'S A FLIPPING WINGER, KIDNEY). But how is DOC still there. it was bad enough last week, but Donnacha Ryan played great in his cameo at the end of the match last week. There is just no reason why DOC should start.
Seravia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #73
hypnotoad24

Quote:
As for the penalty for Wales the disciplinary panel told Ferris today that not only was it not a yellow but it wasnt even a penalty!!! Barnes Pearson and the citation officer all need a good slap over the wrist which of course wont happen
There's a lot of thought that Ferris was only cited so that he coud be fully exonerated- therefore, in a subtle sort of way, criticising the referee. I am very concerned about Pearson refereeing on Saturday- he isn't known as blind Dave for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravia View Post
Disappointing as it was, I was expecting Earls in centre (HE'S A FLIPPING WINGER, KIDNEY). But how is DOC still there. it was bad enough last week, but Donnacha Ryan played great in his cameo at the end of the match last week. There is just no reason why DOC should start.
Indeed- i hope he isn't destined to become one of those players coaches will shunt around in various positions to fill a gap at that time, rather than develop to his full potential in his best position.
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #74
JD47

Quote:
I am very concerned about Pearson refereeing on Saturday- he isn't known as blind Dave for nothing!
Maybe that could work in our favour. Maybe he wont notice all the mistakes Ireland make.
Old February 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #75
jpgjohnnyg
boondock

I expect Pearson to screw us again just so the French cant say he was trying to even things up. Cant remember if it has already been mentioned but Pearson penalised last year against France a game we actrually played quite well in but lost to poor decisions (5 dubious penalties given infront of the posts) and dont forget it was Pearson that thwarted Ulster against Clermont for not binning Hines for pinning down not one but 2 players during a passage of play and then a few minutes later beautifully smashed an Ulster player out of the way to create a big hole for Clermont to score a try. Does Pearson just not like the Irish!!
Old February 10th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #76
JD47

Quote:
Does Pearson just not like the Irish!!
I would not be surprised if he did'nt.
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #77
JD47

Kick off in just over an hour.
Lets hope the game can go ahead.
I hate frozen pitchs.
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #78
JD47

The game is cancelled.
Thank god I did not deside to go.
I am in a bad mood now.
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #79
JD47

I hate the weather
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #80
plank007

Likes (Received): 24

******* shocking the decision was left so late, esp with everyone in the stadium! Kidney didn't seem bothered by it either.
plank007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: