daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Irish Architecture Forum

Irish Architecture Forum For architecture in both the North and South

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #81
Seravia

Likes (Received): 5

Absolutely disgraceful. You can't decide five minutes before a match is played that the pitch is frozen and tell 80,000 fans to go home. They had seen the weather forecasts, and they should have acted on them. The only reason this match was played at this ridiculous time was greed. They wanted the prime-time television slot.

Match has been rescheduled for Friday the 2nd of March, another late kick-off. It being a Friday will make it difficult for any Irish fans to get over.
Seravia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 11th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #82
plank007

Likes (Received): 21

France should forfeit their right to host the match and Dublin should host it in three weeks.

^ Seems fair ?
plank007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #83
JD47

Likes (Received): 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by plank007 View Post
France should forfeit their right to host the match and Dublin should host it in three weeks.

^ Seems fair ?
I damn right agree with you.
I am pissed off for the people who went over.
I was going to go but because of the weather I
said I would not go. What a lucky call that was.
JD47 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #84
jpgjohnnyg
boondock

Likes (Received): 26

Kidney is delighted because it takes the heat off him for a few weeks unless we have a horror against italy. As for Dave Pearson I told you he would screw up just thought it would be through poor decisions on the field and not his dithering over playing the match
jpgjohnnyg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #85
JD47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgjohnnyg View Post
Kidney is delighted because it takes the heat off him for a few weeks unless we have a horror against italy. As for Dave Pearson I told you he would screw up just thought it would be through poor decisions on the field and not his dithering over playing the match
He even makes bad decisions off the field.
Old February 13th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #86
JD47

France v Ireland will not be played next weekend so it looks like it will be played on March 3rd or 4th.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM   #87
thebig C

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47 View Post
France v Ireland will not be played next weekend so it looks like it will be played on March 3rd or 4th.
Yep....all done to suit the French Super 14 league. In France they have a different structure wereby the players are paid by each club as opposed to in Ireland where the IRFU pays players centrally. He who pays the piper picks the tune!

They will have to look at the delivery of the Six Nations, at the moment the Local Union is responsible for games played in their juristriction. There is obvious temptation to suit their own requirements should anything go wrong!

C
thebig C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:52 PM   #88
thebig C

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rug...312207652.html

This is a body blow to Munster!! There will be a long list of applicants looking for the job but inevitably it will cause disruption.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:54 PM   #89
thebig C

Having watched Uslters last two matches I would be concerned about the number of errors made. As a result, previously I had a sneaking suspicion that Ulster might pip Munster but now I feel its Munsters to lose.

The only thing in Ulsters favour, is that after the McGahan departure....Ulster won't be the only Club that have off the field woes
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:56 PM   #90
thebig C

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...y-3027019.html

I know its Italy, but I can't believe Kidney has gone for no changes. This is one game were we may have been able to try something new and still win!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:00 PM   #91
thebig C

Overall, I feel the Six Nations is still up for grabs. The unbeaten teams, Wales and England are very much flattered by the results.

England should consider themselves lucky. Effectively two intercept trys have handed them two victories. In particular I felt their performance against Italy was worrying. Had Italy not been so tactically inept in continuously making the wrong decisions they would have won.

Likewise, Wales had some help from the Referee....again!

France I suppose are the unknown quantity because they have only played one game.

C
Old February 27th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #92
thebig C

Gutted that Wales capured the Triple Crown....particularly since they needed the referee to beat Ireland!

I was happy enough with Ireland perfomance against Italy. In particular I felt the substitutions in the last 25 mins were very effective. Having both Sexton and O'Gara on the pitch as happened in the World Cup was a good move. I was also happy that he tried moving Bowe into the Centre as journalists have been urging for ages. It was also great the O'Mahoney from Connaught was given an opportuinity!

As an aside, I don't know why he persists playing Murray over Redden. Murray is waaaaay to slow in distributing the ball. And he frequently makes dreadful choices! I thought the difference once Redden entered the fray couldn't be more marked!

Nice to see Trimble back to doing what he does best!
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #93
JD47

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig C View Post
Gutted that Wales capured the Triple Crown....particularly since they needed the referee to beat Ireland!

I was happy enough with Ireland perfomance against Italy. In particular I felt the substitutions in the last 25 mins were very effective. Having both Sexton and O'Gara on the pitch as happened in the World Cup was a good move. I was also happy that he tried moving Bowe into the Centre as journalists have been urging for ages. It was also great the O'Mahoney from Connaught was given an opportuinity!

As an aside, I don't know why he persists playing Murray over Redden. Murray is waaaaay to slow in distributing the ball. And he frequently makes dreadful choices! I thought the difference once Redden entered the fray couldn't be more marked!

Nice to see Trimble back to doing what he does best!

I was happy to see Wales beat England. I would not of liked to of heard the English go on about how they are the best because they beat the Welsh.
Old February 29th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #94
thebig C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47 View Post
I was happy to see Wales beat England. I would not of liked to of heard the English go on about how they are the best because they beat the Welsh.
I know, but its a risk I was willing to take if it stopped those cheating gits getting the triple crown!
Old February 29th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #95
thebig C

Can't believe Kidney is going with the same STARTING 15!! In fairness to him, he used the latter half of the Italian game to experiment and it looked like he had found a winning formula....now he ignores that.

So now, he will start the team that struggled against Italy until half time. The fact that most of the points were scored in the last 20 mins seems to have eluded him!

Can't believe Conor Murray gets the nod again. If he was any slower he would be a corpse!.....Is the Munster bias rearing its head again?!!
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #96
Seravia

Kidney needs to go. Both Ryan and Reddan deserve to start after their performances last week. Murray was playing excellently when he broke onto the scene at Munster, but he's been shite in his past games for both Munster and Ireland. He's a young guy, and obviously has talent, but he can't be starting for Ireland. He needs more experience and for a coach to knock some sense into his head. We know he can give quick ball, but the amount of times he completely slowed the game last week was ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on Ryan/O'Callaghan. Even if it is the wrong decision for him to start, you can't argue that Murray is more physical than Reddan - which is supposedly one of the reasons he's picked. But Ryan is superior to O'Callaghan in every way. It's bizarre.
Old March 1st, 2012, 11:44 AM   #97
thebig C

Yep, you are correct about Ryan/O'Callaghan.

Personally, I think the effect of Murrays phsicality is minimal at best when compared to Redden.

I think the IRFU are watching the 6 nations very closely. If we beat Italy and Scotland....two swallows don't a summer make! It will be expected that we beat England and at a minumum give France a good game. If that doesn't happen they will be having frank discussions with Declan Kidney. And they need to!
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:48 PM   #98
Seravia

I think the time for discussion is gone. Deccie's too set in his ways, and I don't think we're going to see any change or innovation until he's gone.
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:15 PM   #99
JD47

France are going to destroy us down the center.
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:42 PM   #100
hitmanhart

Likes (Received): 0

Why is there a big clamor to replace Murray with Reddan?Murray has had 1 average game since he came into the team. As people have been saying he brings physicality to the no. 9 shirt and offers an attacking threat ala Phillips for Wales.Reddan has been good but we know what he brings to the team. Good passing but can be suspect himself at times. People are overlooking the fact that Italy were beaten before Reddan even got on the pitch.And how can there be a bias for munster players thebigc? Reddan like murray is from limerick.So whats your point?

Think JD47 is right expect France through Rougerie and Fofana to overrun Darcy and Earls.
hitmanhart no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: