daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Irish Architecture Forum

Irish Architecture Forum For architecture in both the North and South

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:37 PM   #121
thebig C

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47 View Post
We can do it. I think one of the Irish sides will win the Heineken Cup. Hopefully it will be Leinster. Maybe they can brighten up my week by beaten Cardiff Blues next week. That will at least be one of the sports teams I support win
Yeah, we really need an Irish team to do it. As a Pool fan things have gotten so bad I am almost looking back to the Hodgeson era with envy!!
thebig C no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 2nd, 2012, 02:22 PM   #122
JD47

Likes (Received): 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig C View Post
Yeah, we really need an Irish team to do it. As a Pool fan things have gotten so bad I am almost looking back to the Hodgeson era with envy!!
Tell me about it. It is the most depressing season they have ever had league wise. So I hope one of the lads in the Heineken Cup can do it for us.
JD47 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #123
JD47

Come on Leinster plus Munster and Ulster. An Irish team can defenetly win it now that Toulouse are out.
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #124
JD47

Half time. Leinster 27- 3 Blues.
Take that Wales.
Old April 7th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #125
plank007

Likes (Received): 22

anyone heading down the road tomorrow? any good drinking places in limerick?
plank007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #126
thebig C

Quote:
Half time. Leinster 27- 3 Blues.
Take that Wales.
I was out with friends and missed the game.....thought my Dad was kidding when he told me the score
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #127
thebig C

Quote:
Originally Posted by plank007 View Post
anyone heading down the road tomorrow? any good drinking places in limerick?
Haven't been in Limerick for a few years. I "think" there are a couple of decent bars near Thomond.

Having said that....some friends of mine from Galway were heading back home from a Wedding in Cork, they stopped off in Limerick to watch a match and have something to eat. They told me they were surprised how long it took to find a pub in the City Centre! Maybe they were looking in the wrong place?! Any Limerick people can set us straight?

Still not sure who I think will win this!!
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #128
JD47

Ulster have a great chance to make it to the final. So do Leinster. It could be an all Ireland final in London. How great would that be. We are without a doubt the best nation in Europe at the moment in terms of our 4 provinces.
Old April 9th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #129
Seravia

Likes (Received): 5

Devastated after yesterday, but in the end we weren't clinical enough. Superb defence from Ulster, and our backs offered no attacking threat whatsoever. Hopefully whoever our new head coach is can bring in a proper backs coach. Guys like Earls, Zebo and Felix certainly have the talent, but they need a proper coach.

Good luck to Ulster in the semi's, although you don't really need it. I can't see Edinburgh standing a chance in the Aviva.

I'd still bet my money on Leinster winning again this year, but they certainly have a harder job of it than Ulster. I think how many Clermont fans make it will have a big effect on their match. If enough Clermont fans make the 300k trip to Bordeaux, it will make Leinster's job a lot harder.
Seravia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #130
plank007

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig C View Post
Haven't been in Limerick for a few years. I "think" there are a couple of decent bars near Thomond.

Having said that....some friends of mine from Galway were heading back home from a Wedding in Cork, they stopped off in Limerick to watch a match and have something to eat. They told me they were surprised how long it took to find a pub in the City Centre! Maybe they were looking in the wrong place?! Any Limerick people can set us straight?

Still not sure who I think will win this!!

Cheers mate. We went to flannerys pre game then after to some rowing club pub on the bridge. Great craic, Munster fans were all brilliant saying how they want us to stuff Leinster in the final.
plank007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #131
JD47

Quote:
Cheers mate. We went to flannerys pre game then after to some rowing club pub on the bridge. Great craic, Munster fans were all brilliant saying how they want us to stuff Leinster in the final.
I jope it is a Leinster v Ulster final and we stuff you lads up north. I would not mind if we lost to you in the final. I would be a lot more devestated if it was the Scots or French that beat us.
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #132
Seravia

Likes (Received): 5

Ulster - Leinster would be a superb result for the Irish teams, and hopefully would encourage more criticism of Kidney. If that were the case, I'd find myself supporting Ulster, sorry JD.
Seravia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #133
JD47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravia View Post
Ulster - Leinster would be a superb result for the Irish teams, and hopefully would encourage more criticism of Kidney. If that were the case, I'd find myself supporting Ulster, sorry JD.
Its alright. If it is a Leinster v Ulster final then I would of course want Leinster to win but it would'nt be too bad to lose to Ulster and I would be happy for them. At least its not Munster anyway
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #134
thebig C

Quote:
Devastated after yesterday, but in the end we weren't clinical enough. Superb defence from Ulster, and our backs offered no attacking threat whatsoever. Hopefully whoever our new head coach is can bring in a proper backs coach. Guys like Earls, Zebo and Felix certainly have the talent, but they need a proper coach.

Good luck to Ulster in the semi's, although you don't really need it. I can't see Edinburgh standing a chance in the Aviva.

I'd still bet my money on Leinster winning again this year, but they certainly have a harder job of it than Ulster. I think how many Clermont fans make it will have a big effect on their match. If enough Clermont fans make the 300k trip to Bordeaux, it will make Leinster's job a lot harder.
Hard luck it was a tough game! I have no doubt you guys will be back next year in the final rounds!

Leinster definately didn't want to draw Clermont. It will be a very decisive encounter...the winner will be odds on to win the final!
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #135
thebig C

Quote:
Haha....I'l bet they do! Most Leinster fans wanted you to stuff Munster

Haven't been to the Rowing Club before but I've heard its cool especially on sunny days
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #136
thebig C

Quote:
I jope it is a Leinster v Ulster final and we stuff you lads up north. I would not mind if we lost to you in the final. I would be a lot more devestated if it was the Scots or French that beat us.
Yep.....Irish team all the way. Naturally I'd be gutted if Leinster don't win. But if it was Ulster instead it would defo be a silver lining!
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #137
thebig C

Quote:
Agree regarding Kidney. He is a true gentleman and a good coach but things really have stagnated, we need a change. Especially since the team is in flux with many of the older lads preparing to retire in the comming years!
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #138
JD47

Well done to Ulster yesterday. Delighted for them. Now lets hope Leinster can win today and make it an all Irish final in London on 19 May.
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #139
JD47

Getting very nervous now.
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #140
JD47

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're through to the final. An all Irish final. Come on Leinster. An Irish team is going to be the champions again. I am delighted. I almost shit myself. That was the worst five minutes of my rugby life ever. Right I am off to put my head in cold water.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: