daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 15th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #41
Daniel_Loves_London
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I hope they redesign almost the tallest tower which will be a symbol for the country, Azerbaijan... This project looks a bit weird

I love London
Daniel_Loves_London no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #42
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 7547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Loves_London View Post
I hope they redesign almost the tallest tower which will be a symbol for the country, Azerbaijan... This project looks a bit weird
I have no doubts that if built many buildings including Azerbaijan Tower will change its design. For now some parts of the project are too conceptual.

Highcliff liked this post
Galandar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #43
A.U.S. arch. Student

Likes (Received): 42

They should rename the development asphalt city, highway city,...or road island...with so much money they really could have done better than this. Whoever designed this should be ashamed, its dated before its even a reality.

A.U.S. arch. Student no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #44
Genç
re re re ra ra ra

Likes (Received): 34

Very fond of the idea, but equally disappointed with the design proposals.

btw is it 'Khazar' as in 'gezer' (wandering) in Turkish, right? I'm guessing it's also linked to the name of the Khazar Empire of the 10th century...?
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #45
Azer_Akhundov

Likes (Received): 6491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genç View Post
Very fond of the idea, but equally disappointed with the design proposals.

btw is it 'Khazar' as in 'gezer' (wandering) in Turkish, right? I'm guessing it's also linked to the name of the Khazar Empire of the 10th century...?
Khazar is the name of Caspian Sea in our language (Hazar in Turkish).

Azer_Akhundov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #46
Azer_Akhundov

Some information:

Khazar Islands will cover 3,000 ha area. It will consist of 41 different sized islands and 19 districts. The archipelago will cover 24 sq/km by 8km in length and 3km in width. Total length of the line of boulevard islands will be 50 km.

Construction works have been started 10 months ago. At present time, construction is underway on one of the biggest islands and 6-7 residential buildings on this island. In general, the city to be built until 2022-2023 will have 1 mln residents. Sales and Marketing Director of Khazar Islands Kenan Guluzadeh told APA that the first residents will tae the first step on the island in 2013-2014.

Whilst currently the construction is carried out at the expense of Avesta, soon foreign investors will be attracted to construction as well. In general, the construction of the main part of the project requires $ 60 billion. Of these, $ 30 billion will be attracted from external sources - foreign investment, another 30 billion dollars will come from the sale of apartments. Annual profitability of investments allocated here will make 10-15%.

Khazar Islands will consist mainly 25-60-stored buildings. The buildings will be resistant to 9-magnitude earthquake. Sale of apartments has already begun. According to the project, the price of apartments to be sold with a complete renovation, will be AZN 3500 - 4100 per square. Apartments can be bought on mortgage loans for a period of 15 years. Over the past 45 days since the start of sale AZN 50mln-property has already been sold.

150 schools, 50 kindergartens and hospitals, and numerous cinemas, theaters, restaurants and shopping centers, parks will be constructed on Khazar Islands. 8 mln sq/km of the total construction area will be occupied by homes, 4 mln sq/km – by shopping and business centers, and another 4 mln sq/km - hotels and apartments.

Distinguishing feature of the project also includes construction of 1 km-high “Azerbaijan Tower”, an airport to be built on separate island, Formula-1 highway and camps for universities. In future, it is expected to create administrative management system of the Island - Mayor’s Office and city status.

http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=164583

Old February 19th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #47
hater

Likes (Received): 1223

building an airport on an island is a bad idea since its such a waste of money

hater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #48
KiwiRob
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Who is going to live here, what kind of industry will provide jobs for the people who will live here? Why build this 40km from Baku, it should be closer if they want people to commute, but due to the cost I doubt the average Joe living in Baku will be able to afford to live here.
KiwiRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #49
hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiRob View Post
Who is going to live here, what kind of industry will provide jobs for the people who will live here? Why build this 40km from Baku, it should be closer if they want people to commute, but due to the cost I doubt the average Joe living in Baku will be able to afford to live here.
they have sold 60 apartments in 45 days

Old February 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #50
KiwiRob
BANNED

And how many tens of thousands of apartments have they got to sell? Azeris are generally pretty poor, this development looks like it's aimed at wealthy people, as is Baku White City, can the country sustain two such massive developments?
Old February 19th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #51
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
And how many tens of thousands of apartments have they got to sell? Azeris are generally pretty poor, this development looks like it's aimed at wealthy people, as is Baku White City, can the country sustain two such massive developments?
If you are a person who often travels to Azerbaijan then you need to stop kidding us

Old February 19th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #52
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

KiwiRob, you proved yourself being an Azeri-hater in previous posts of yours. You are often at Azeri-related threads and doing nothing but leaving negative comments

I don't know what is your aim here but I advice you to find a better one at different threads. So could you be so kind and leave this country alone once and forever? Thank you!

Old February 19th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #53
Dancing Banana

Likes (Received): 277

ok, they seem to have shitloads of money, which they waste for this rahter stupid and ugly project... but dont wanna spent 0.0001% of their money for good architects or urban planners. disgusting!

Dancing Banana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #54
KiwiRob
BANNED

The GDP per capita for Azerbaijan is 10,200 USD, which isn't a lot of money, compare this to Norway with 53,000 per capita and you can see there is a pretty vast gap. Baku is also a pretty expensive city, I find prices for a lot of items pretty similar to what you pay in most European cities. My comments have nothing to do with hating Azerbaijan (which I don't, you just think I do) I just can't see where the people are going to come from who will be able to afford all these luxury apartments which are going up in two massive and rather expensive urban developments, Baku isn't Dubai, it's not going to get loads of rich westerners wanting to buy fancy apartments, nor is there a very large expat community.
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM   #55
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Likes (Received): 9015

I truly hope Khazar Islands turn out to be something completely different. This rendering looks very cheap, in my opinion. Azerbaijan deserves something classier and more elegant. They deserve something similar to White City. Khazar Islands so far looks very poor in quality. I hope they redesign the project masterplan. Azerbaijan Tower can also look a million times better than what is currently planned out.

I'd personally go for something more classical-looking, and a bit like The Pearl-Qatar.

Kutsuit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 11:04 PM   #56
KiwiRob
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
If you are a person who often travels to Azerbaijan then you need to stop kidding us
Go on prove to me the Azeris have the same standards of living as Western Europeans, I'm not wrong here, the only person kidding themselves about this is you, now how many citizens of Baku will be able to afford apartments in White City or Khazar Islands, not many I'm pretty sure of that, where are the rest of the owners coming from, can you answer that question? The problem is you haven't answered any of my questions, all you want to do it shout me down, but you can't provide any answers!

Btw have you stumped up a deposit for new digs in either of these developments, more to the point could you afford it?
Old February 21st, 2012, 11:14 PM   #57
Azer_Akhundov

Quote:
Go on prove to me the Azeris have the same standards of living as Western Europeans, I'm not wrong here, the only person kidding themselves about this is you, now how many citizens of Baku will be able to afford apartments in White City or Khazar Islands, not many I'm pretty sure of that, where are the rest of the owners coming from, can you answer that question? The problem is you haven't answered any of my questions, all you want to do it shout me down, but you can't provide any answers!

Btw have you stumped up a deposit for new digs in either of these developments, more to the point could you afford it?
We don't have the same standards as Europe, but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't build and develop. Let me say that, in Baku luxury apartments and estate is sold better than other ones.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:54 PM   #58
emil_tdk

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:

Well Khazar Islands Project is planned not for today's Azerbaijan. Obviously it is for future generation, and I am definitely sure our living standards will change in 10 years time. In 2002 our gdp was around $ 800, and now is approximately $ 11,000.
If you read history of Norway and other European countries, the gdp of these countries 30 years ago were lower than $ 10,000 per person, nevertheless the situation has been changed due to well organized economic infrastructure. To cut a long story short, the moral of my story is: your questions and arguments are crap, therefore there is no need to answer them and you are top idiot.

emil_tdk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:53 AM   #59
KiwiRob
BANNED

You can't compare 30 years ago to today, besides 30 years ago a GDP of 10,000 USD adjusted for inflation is well over 40,000 USD today.

Simnple fact is you can't tell me where the people are coming from who will buy the apartments in these two massive developments, I know I won't get answers here because you're all building spotters, but when I speak to my Azeri customers and co-workers most just shake their heads and have pretty much the same reactions I have, where's the money coming from and who can afford to buy them.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:04 AM   #60
hater

Quote:
You can't compare 30 years ago to today, besides 30 years ago a GDP of 10,000 USD adjusted for inflation is well over 40,000 USD today.

Simnple fact is you can't tell me where the people are coming from who will buy the apartments in these two massive developments, I know I won't get answers here because you're all building spotters, but when I speak to my Azeri customers and co-workers most just shake their heads and have pretty much the same reactions I have, where's the money coming from and who can afford to buy them.
Learn to read
its funded by private investors and couple hundred apartments have been sold in less than 2month