daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > Design and Lifestyle

Design and Lifestyle interior architecture, industrial design, furniture and everything else which shapes the world right around you

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 24th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #41
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Quote:
Originally Posted by QalzimCity View Post
OR YOU COULD JUST DROP IN KL AND VISIT THE BIGGEST IKEA LIFESTYLE MALL OUTSIDE EUROPE
What's an IKEA Lifestyle Mall?

/Most furniture I own is IKEA. Had an ex who worked there and the bus outside my building goes to the worlds largest IKEA.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Ţróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #42
Jonesy55
Mooderator

Likes (Received): 20281

My kitchen is Ikea faktum/rationell units with a wooden worktop the name of which i don't remember, but not the appliances or sink, i bought those elsewhere.

I also have a Markor bookcase which is quite sturdy and well-built by Ikea standards, a poang armchair, some toy storage units, and a few other bits and pieces.
Jonesy55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #43
aldiswepti

Likes (Received): 0

I am planning to own oak furniture as the quality of oak furniture is awesome, oak furniture provide best comfort level. Now a days oak furniture is available in stylish and modern design which attract everyone.
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:14 AM   #44
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9721

Quote:
What IKEA furniture do you own?
None, 'cause they don't have an IKEA store in my area.
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #45
svicious22

Almost none. I used to have a lot but there comes a time you don't want to live in what appears to be a large dorm room so it's all been thrown in the alley for the scavengers except a side table and a media cabinet. I forget their names but they look like a Sven and a Benno to me.
svicious22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #46
thun

A chair. And an espresso cup.
Old April 13th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #47
timo9
11 YEARS HERE!

Likes (Received): 2077

timo9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #48
Dahlis

Likes (Received): 107

IKEA is a cheap way to buy furniture when you move in. It really isnt fair to complain about the quality when you look at the price tag. Instead of saving up for proper things you can get it all at once, then replace item after item with designer things / antiques when you can afford them.

guy4versa, BringMe liked this post
Dahlis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #49
WilliamDocker
BANNED

I have never used this brand. Seems to be nice. I like the center table, Can anyone please tell me the material they used in this and the place from where i can buy it easily? I want to buy it for my office.

---------------------------------------

low interest car loans
secured car loan
cheapest car loan rate
WilliamDocker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #50
user182
BANNED

Likes (Received): 42

IKEA is cheap and difficult to use if you are greedy.

My place never introduces IKEA but more expensive furniture.

Why allured by IKEA?
The proper furnitures exist only in Sweden, IKEA is more like worldwide chain.

Foolish to build IKEA or H&M in a developed nation, that is my thought.
user182 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #51
mariocesare
Orto contorto

Likes (Received): 2269

I like a lot Ikea furnitures, as they are easy to be found (if there is a store next to you), I mean, you see what you need in the catalogue and just go to take that.

I have in particular pax wardrobes in my bedroom, in my city and in a little apartment in countryside, and billy libraries, which I trasformed joining two libraries at the bed sides whith two shelves, one just at the bed height behind him, and one at the top of the side libraries.

I think Ikea furnitures are particular suitable if you plan to change frequently your home or city, also easy to be sold if you don't need more them.

What I don't find particular actractive are the Ikea kitchen.

By us in Turin (1 million people city in north Italy) there is just one Ikea Store (I think the 3rd largest in Italy), and that's always full of people, from Monday morning to Sunday evening
mariocesare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #52
African Lion

Likes (Received): 1162

I like IKEA furniture-- Im a simple man with minimalist taste. Its also wallet friendly; whats not to like.
Old July 21st, 2014, 09:34 AM   #53
gicelinz

my mother realy love ikea furniture, so i wrote a lot of ikea furniture
http://trusthomedesigns.com/predicti...-catalog-2015/
gicelinz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2014, 02:36 PM   #54
dylangrey87

Likes (Received): 1

actually the question should be: What furniture do you own that's not IKEA?
dylangrey87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #55
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9099

I wonder if in all Ikeas around the world there's a trend to replace wooden furniture by plywooden shit.

I remember that 10-12 years ago majority of Ikea's furniture was wooden, mostly pine (which is the cheapest and most popular), but not only. Birch-tree or even beech were also able to spot. Now the only wooden series in Poland's Ikeas (Katowice and Wrocław at least) is classic Leksvik, excluding single ones.

As for it, by seemingly harmless accident I've been forced to buy a new segment of wardrobe, because during replacing before room's removal it came loose on the base, turned over and broke on bed's frame. It was plywooden of course. I've bought the same one, because it was one of two and in the other case I would be forced to buy a whole wardrobe. Also my about two years old sofa is in worse condition than my grandma's forty years old one - the plywood at back collapsed in three places...

Actually the sofa's cost was about $100, wardrobe (two segments) - less than $300, but formerly at the same prices were incredibly more decent products.

As for it I resigned from Ikea definitely. There is so much mid-century modern furniture around here, which I'd like to learn how to rebuild. All wooden and decent. Actually I've done something recently and I'm sure that it will survive for next 40-50 years.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 04:53 AM   #56
JMGA196

Likes (Received): 5258

We don't have Ikea here But we do have some kind of guatemalan version named Kalea.... I would say they're kinda the same thing. The only difference is that Kalea's furniture is not really cheap...

Mimar Sinan - Sebastian Treese - Sejima - Nishizawa - Pawson - Horia Creangă - McKim, Mead & White - Gord Scott - Peter Pennoyer - Charles Hilton - Annabelle Selldorf - Roman and Williams - Morris Adjmi - Diller Scofidio + Renfro

★★★ MAKE ARCHITECTURE GREAT AGAIN! ★★★
JMGA196 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2015, 02:20 PM   #57
manorytas

Likes (Received): 614

Nothing so far.
manorytas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 01:30 AM   #58
gabriel62

Likes (Received): 5

I've had my couch from IKEA for 20 years now. It is a great and big couch. I just had it reupholstered
gabriel62 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 11:35 AM   #59
Vucko
Cosminologist

Pics or it didnt happen!
Vucko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 12:09 PM   #60
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2467

I used to have a mix of IKEA furniture (that i hated but felt it would be wasteful to just throw it out) and quality Indian timber furniture. Thank god the ground floor of my home flooded once and all the IKEA furniture cracked and got ruined by water so i went right ahead and threw it all out !