daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Maritime

Old May 21st, 2012, 05:00 PM   #81
batusay

Likes (Received): 12751

from iloilo main thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_7 View Post
May, 2012

Sponsored Links

Old May 24th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #82
barbas_bigote
crap duster

Likes (Received): 4133

maayo lang kay fully utilized ining seaport sang sa chura daw plaza kay wala syado gagamit.lol
There's a school of thought that says we shouldn't have stopped,esp with our proximity to a hostile city.This kind of aggressiveness is what I mean by interrupting the enemy's own decision-making cycle.It's against all doctrine, but as the general reminds me,doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative.-Generation Kill
Why don't you fight the evil in this place your way and let me fight it mine.-Mach.Gun Preacher
I have never been bewildered for long in any fight with our enemies,I was Armed with Insight.-Gen. Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis

Last edited by barbas_bigote; May 27th, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
barbas_bigote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:01 AM   #83
barbas_bigote
crap duster

GIFT(Iloilo-Guimaras Ferry Terminal) in the works.
I hope the Ortiz Wharf would be the next in line..

Iloilo-Bac Fast Craft Terminal and Roro Berthing Facility Complex in the works..probably the ship Iloilo-Palawan and Roro from Guimaras will be accomodated here?
There's a school of thought that says we shouldn't have stopped,esp with our proximity to a hostile city.This kind of aggressiveness is what I mean by interrupting the enemy's own decision-making cycle.It's against all doctrine, but as the general reminds me,doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative.-Generation Kill
Why don't you fight the evil in this place your way and let me fight it mine.-Mach.Gun Preacher
I have never been bewildered for long in any fight with our enemies,I was Armed with Insight.-Gen. Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:08 AM   #84
barbas_bigote
crap duster

friends coming from Cebu who want to go to Boracay via Caticlan using the Iloilo seaPort in San Pedro. there is a waiting tourist van by the gate every morning. Its a brand new Toyota Super Grandia..it's way way Cheap!..
Old June 11th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #85
batusay

from iloilo main thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboi View Post
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #86
Toto Gregor
Conflicting Karma

Likes (Received): 6

I remember NN's Don Vicente and Princess of Negros quite well, back in the 90s.

Old June 29th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #87
batusay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdsaint View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
dasigon guid ang expansion sang Iloilo International Port.....hope na may ara man ta container terminal with a Quay Crane....
Old June 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #88
batusay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdsaint View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
du manug umpisa na guid gale ang roro terminal ah...
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #89
barbas_bigote
crap duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto Gregor View Post
I remember NN's Don Vicente and Princess of Negros quite well, back in the 90s.

cool pics! the wharf has been a catalyst of trade and commerce eversince spanish times,
Old July 14th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #90
alheaine
aLheaiNe

Likes (Received): 981

M/S Don Julio in it's original configuration berthed at Muelle Loney as a brand new ship for NENACO upon her arrival in the islands in 1967 from Japan.

M/S Doña Florentina of Negros Navigation berthed at Muelle Loney Iloilo City, Philippines in 1980 bound for Manila She caught fire off the coast of Antique and was sold for scrap. (image courtesy of mbb8356)
alheaine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:37 PM   #91
barbas_bigote
crap duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by batusay View Post
du manug umpisa na guid gale ang roro terminal ah...

lol dugangi niyo pa ang total length sa berthing facility sa Iloilo Port..looyman ang iban gina reuse na lang sa parkingan sang resto kay wala barko gadungka..bwehehehe
Old August 11th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #92
batusay

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbas_bigote View Post

nice....
Old August 12th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #93
rene65
TITAN LEG

Likes (Received): 2463

muelle loney

photo by kenneth fernandez melicado

rene65 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #94
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

Likes (Received): 2486

Philippines: New Water Master Dredger to Arrive at Iloilo River

A P32-million dredging machine of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) is set to arrive in Iloilo City on September 25 to augment the on-going dredging at the Iloilo River and its tributaries.

DPWH regional director Edilberto Tayao confirmed that the new dredging machine, the Water Master, will now be permanently assigned in Iloilo.

Currently, dredging activities are undertaken near the mouth of the river and soon at the Iloilo Fishing Port area. The equipment being used, however, is not capable of entering creeks and other tributaries.

The dredging is part of the rehabilitation efforts of the Iloilo River spearheaded by the city government and supported by Senator Franklin Drilon.

Source

ILOve! ILOve! The City of LOVE!

Metropolitan Iloilo : "The Emerging Museum City"
Uswag Ilonggo, Uswag Iloilo! Basta Ilonggo, Baskog!
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #95
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

DOTC seeking bids for seaport improvements
By Paolo G. Montecillo
Philippine Daily Inquirer

The Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) again has issued invitations for private firms to participate in various projects around the country worth a total of half a billion pesos.

The DOTC, through the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA), on Friday said it would bid out contracts for the improvement of 10 provincial seaports estimated at P474 million.

“The PPA intends to improve 10 ports in the country in anticipation of their increased passenger and cargo throughput,” the DOTC said in its invitation for bidders published in local newspapers.

Bulk of the funds, or about P230 million, will be used to improve the Port of Zamboanga in Zamboanga del Sur. New wharves as well two roll-on, roll-off ramps will be constructed at the port.

Also, the Port of Masbate in Bicol will get P71 million for the construction of a new wharf, the installation of rubber dock fenders to accommodate bigger vessels, and other “furnishing accessories.”

Ports in Cagayan de Oro, Iligan City, Ozamiz City, Albay, two ports in Roxas City and two ports in Iloilo—all operated by the PPA—are also up for improvement.

Each port project will be auctioned off separately. A pre-bid conference will be held on September 27 to clarify queries from interested parties. Work on each project is expected to be completed in less than a year.

In a separate invitation, the DOTC announced that it would renovate six Land Transportation Office (LTO) regional offices around the country for a total of P25.2 million.

Run-down LTO offices in Caraga, Butuan, and Surigao cities, as well as in municipalities in Patin-Ay, Tandag, and Bislog, are scheduled for improvement in the fourth quarter of this year.

The DOTC hopes that, by improving the LTO offices, the agency will get to raise service standards to “levels suitable to the Filipino public.”

The DOTC also called on interested parties to conduct feasibility studies for possible international airports in Camarines Sur, Bicol, and Calbayog in Samar Province.

Source

Old September 19th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #96
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

Transportation department offers infrastructure projects

SEVERAL INFRASTRUCTURE projects worth over half a billion pesos have been put on the auction block by the Transportation department, according to three separate notices published on Friday.

The announcement, published in a newspaper, listed the rehabilitation of the Zamboanga Port for P229.95 million, which is bulk of the P474-million budget for the development of 10 seaports.

The project covers the construction of a “wharf transition,” “wharf on deck piles” and “RoRo (roll-on roll-off) ramps with breasting dolphins and supply and installation of robber dock fenders,” the bulletin read.

The other port projects which will involve structural works and construction of passenger terminals are:

• Port of Cagayan de Oro in Cagayan de Oro City, P57.22 million;
• Port of Masbate in Masbate City, P71.36 million;
• Port of Iligan in Iligan City, P27.18 million;
• Port of Ozamiz in Ozamiz City, P24.99 million;
• Port of Pio Duran in Albay, P13.27 million;
• Port of Culasi in Roxas City, P13.71 million (installation of interlocking concrete paving blocks);
• Port of Culasi in Roxas City, P4.98 million (construction of a one-story terminal building);
• Port of Dumangas in Iloilo City, P13.95 million; and
• Iloilo River Wharf in Iloilo City, P17.31 million.

The bidding for all port projects has been set for Sept. 27, while bid documents -- whose prices vary from P5,000 to P80,000 apiece depending on project cost -- may be obtained form the agency’s office in Mandaluyong City on Sept. 7-27, the bulletin stated.

More HERE

Old September 19th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #97
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

Top 5 BOC ports fell short of target revenues in August
Sunday, 09 September 2012 20:39 VG Cabuag / Reporter

Top collection districts of the Bureau of Customs (BOC) again failed to meet their targets in August, with three of the district’s biggest ports posting shortfalls of more than P1 billion each.

Data showed that Batangas Port had the biggest shortfall at P1.74 billion for August, followed by the Port of Manila’s (POM) P1.65 billion and Manila International Container Port’s (MICP) P1.54 billion.

The Port of Batangas, an oil port, missed its target revenues of P5.97 billion by 29 percent, collecting only P4.22 billion, while POM fell short of its P6.06-billion goal by 27 percent with its collections reaching only P4.41 billion.

The MICP, the BOC’s biggest collection district, was 20-percent short of its P7.64-billion goal with its revenues amounting to only P6.1 billion.

The BOC’s other two top ports, the oil Port of Limay and Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia), also failed to meet their goals.

Limay missed its target by 22 percent with its revenues reaching only P2.35 billion as against its target of P3.03 billion.

Naia had the smallest shortfall among the major ports, being just 17-percent off its P2.19-billion goal with P1.83 billion.

Collections of the Batangas Port, POM, MICP Port of Limay and Naia accounted for about 85 percent of the BOC’s total revenues.

Customs Commissioner Rozzano Rufino Biazon said the collection performance was affected by holidays and suspension of government work in August brought by flooding that was experienced in Metro Manila and many areas in Luzon.

For the month, there were two long weekends after Malacañang declared on August 20 (Monday), August 21 (Tuesday) and August 27 (Monday) as non-working holidays.

The flooding in Metro Manila happened during the first week through the second week of August.

“The [fewer] working days further affected our collections aside from the fact that we had slower collections during the past few months,” Biazon said.

Other ports that missed their targets for August were the Ports of San Fernando (P94-million shortfall), Legazpi (P13 million), Tacloban (P12 million) and Zamboanga (P1.9 million).

The ports that posted surplus collections for the month were Iloilo, P17 million surplus; Cebu, P1.5 million; Surigao, P78 million; Cagayan de Oro, P400,000; Davao, P28 million; Subic Bay, P141 million; Clarkfield, P24 million; and Aparri, P400,000.

For January to August, the MICP, the country’s largest container terminal, recorded the biggest shortfall of P13.48 billion.

The POM had the second-largest deficit of P10.59 billion, followed by Batangas Port’s P6.09 billion and Naia’s P2.99 billion.

Source

Old September 19th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #98
METROPOLITAN_ILOILO
ILONGGO SUPREMACY

Investor to put up ferry terminal in Iloilo
By Lydia C. Pendon

Monday, September 10, 2012

A PRIVATE investor is interested in putting up a modern multi-million peso ferry terminal at the formerly known Rotary Park at Fort San Pedro in Iloilo City.

Dubbed as the Guimaras-Iloilo Ferry Terminal (Gift) project, it will be constructed through a public-private partnership (PPP) scheme with the City Government to modernize the travel from Iloilo City to Guimaras ports in Jordan and Buenavista.

Check our new look and tell us what you think.

The Gift project is also expected to showcase modern and comfortable sea travel with a new passenger terminal building and other port amenities to be constructed in the city-owned lot carrying a Presidential Declaration at the Fort San Pedro area.

Iloilo City Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog said he had a meeting with Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas, and the Cabinet official assured P200 million for a Gift component consisting of a park beside the terminal.

Bidding for the project is slated before the end of December this year, while construction of the new port terminal through the PPP is being eyed by Double Dragon Corp. of Ilonggo businessman Edgar Sia and Jolibee partners.

The Gift project was conceived more than five years ago as an important infrastructure to serve commuters between Iloilo City and the island province of Guimaras. A ferry boat terminal will be constructed along with port modernization in Jordan and Buenavista wharves.

Source

Old September 19th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #99
barbas_bigote
crap duster

ang Montenegro nga Roro nga nakadungka sa Lapuz Norte diin na iya ruta man?
Old September 25th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #100
City of Many Firsts

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by batusay View Post
dasigon guid ang expansion sang Iloilo International Port.....hope na may ara man ta container terminal with a Quay Crane....

Tama gd ka strategic location sng Int'l Port ta noh sheltered by Guimaras Is. which is a very safe area for anchorage sa mga waiting vessels mag alongside sa pier. Very good news ang expansion, hence, dapat my gantry crane gd bskan duwa lng kabilog for the fast, safe and effcient cargo handling of containers. To sum up Iloilo Port of Int'l Standard

Failure is a detour, not a dead end street.
City of Many Firsts no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
iloilo