daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #341
alket83

Likes (Received): 355

here is a little history about the Bevo Mill
August A. Busch, Sr. and his architects explored The Old World for examples of Flemish architectural styles. With his plan to build an authentic mill in his native St. Louis, Mr. Busch studied various construction methods of the Dutch windmills. When he returned to St. Louis, he chose the spot, in 1915, at Gravois Road and Morganford because it was approximately halfway between the Anheuser Busch Brewery and Grant’s Farm, his home.Complete in 1916 for the then-incredible sum of $250,000

Lake of St. Louis

Mississippi River

alket83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #342
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11243

Oh man, I can really sense the freeways and the exit shapes from your pictures... That's quite a chunk of land used to make them! Plus, it looks like there are quite a fair number of waterways in your region, not just Saint Louis Lake.. Are there recreational areas located right next to those waterways? Splendid over the air shots, and now I understand a bit more about the Busch family, makers of Budweiser.

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:47 AM   #343
alket83

Old March 6th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #344
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Truly lovely city shots! The metropolitan police car looks a bit different from a typical Crown Victoria police car... what model is it? And how many cities are covered by the Saint Louis Metropolitan Police?

Old March 6th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #345
okach1
Go Hard or Go Home

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Truly lovely city shots! The metropolitan police car looks a bit different from a typical Crown Victoria police car... what model is it? And how many cities are covered by the Saint Louis Metropolitan Police?
Chevy Impala
okach1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #346
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by okach1 View Post
Chevy Impala
For some reason or another, it looked like a Toyota Camry to me. Thank you though! Chevy Impala isn't really used as a police car, that's why it looked a bit different or off to me.

Old March 28th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #347
alket83

Quote:
For some reason or another, it looked like a Toyota Camry to me. Thank you though! Chevy Impala isn't really used as a police car, that's why it looked a bit different or off to me.
Yes that's a Chevrolet Impala and at least for the last 10 years the city has used an Impala. State patrol and county's now days are using Dodge Chargers the latest model and very few Crown Victoria's, which by the way in my eyes is the ideal cop car
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #348
alket83

Sherifs having some goot time at Hooters

Old June 25th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #349
alket83

Old June 25th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #350
alket83

Old June 25th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #351
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Those brick and concrete traditional-style homes look fantastic, I just wonder how much those homes cost nowadays... Plus your freeways seem to be wide, but it's pretty surprising that on your images, not one of them has a carpool (high-occupancy vehicle) lane: is there a busy freeway in Saint Louis that has a carpool lane, and what are the rules for using them? And, oh yeah, I've eaten at a Hooter's once, and the food was all right... not really a best chicken wing, but gotta love the choices of dips and women. But, I come to sense that with it being a national chain, Hooters does have a good reputation for providing quality food and service that it continually attracts quite a crowd.

Lovely shots again, my friend! It's good that you're back posting too!

Old June 25th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #352
ikops
Supermoderator

Likes (Received): 2663

The concrete on the highways doesn't look very smooth.
ikops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #353
alket83

Quote:
Those brick and concrete traditional-style homes look fantastic, I just wonder how much those homes cost nowadays... Plus your freeways seem to be wide, but it's pretty surprising that on your images, not one of them has a carpool (high-occupancy vehicle) lane: is there a busy freeway in Saint Louis that has a carpool lane, and what are the rules for using them? And, oh yeah, I've eaten at a Hooter's once, and the food was all right... not really a best chicken wing, but gotta love the choices of dips and women. But, I come to sense that with it being a national chain, Hooters does have a good reputation for providing quality food and service that it continually attracts quite a crowd.

Lovely shots again, my friend! It's good that you're back posting too!

Its good to be back
About those particular homes now days they do go between 700 to 1.5 mil, they are next to forest park which is an amazing area. Regards the freeways in St. Louis I have never seen a carpool so don't think they do exist in here. There is only one express freeway that will take you from down town to the airport in less time. @ Ikops I would say that 90% of St. Louis freeways are in a pretty good shape, I wish I could say the same think about the city roads
Old June 26th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #354
alket83

Hotel Hilton & club 360 on top
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #355
alket83

Marines weekend

Busch Stadium
Old June 30th, 2013, 08:02 AM   #356
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I didn't know that from one of your angles, I can see the Cardinals Ballpark immediately next to the Downtown area, which is really sweet since people can just walk to and from the stadium from restaurants, bars, and transit options. In addition, those shots from the Gateway Arch never fail to impress me, especially that sunset shot with a bridge right next to it. I wonder if that's the bridge that continues on to Illinois because I know that Saint Louis is located right next to a state boundary, that's why.

As for the military show, man... those choppers, tanks, and artillery machines really dominate a typically vast and green open space. Are those from Missouri State, or are those Federal vehicles? I mean, with all the camouflage colors and military men showing off their vehicles, it's not surprising that the United States has a large fleet of military vehicles, and I wonder if those are used for domestic purposes or have any of those been used overseas?

Splendid work again, my friend!

Old July 7th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #357
alket83

Moments from the historic friendly game between Chelsea vs Man City in St. Louis

Old July 7th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #358
alket83

Old July 8th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #359
openlyJane
Human Being

Likes (Received): 43370

Cool updates! But tell me you support Liverpool FC, as your English team!
openlyJane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #360
alket83

sorry to disappoint
Im a Chelsea fan for the last 15 years
Liverpool hasn't been doing anything for the last decade or more and they really need to step it up to get everybody's attention and respect

Tags
st. louis