daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 21st, 2016, 01:25 AM   #3061
Rens Puts

Likes (Received): 21

I don't like the dark glass, but this will be an amazing tower. One of the nicest in the city.
Rens Puts no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2016, 06:03 PM   #3062
punchydj

Likes (Received): 279

Hi people!

There is the progress in the construction during the months of September and October of the year 2016.

September 2016

October 2016

Thank you!!!
Old January 3rd, 2017, 05:41 PM   #3063
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57839

Any visible progress these days?

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Zaz965 liked this post
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 04:17 AM   #3064
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

Not moving very quickly- it feels like this and CPT are in a race to see who can build the slowest.
Old January 5th, 2017, 07:33 AM   #3065
streetscapeer
hmmm......

Likes (Received): 24911

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Any visible progress these days?
The first two pics below are from Dec 20th and the third pic below is mine from 10 days later on Dec 30th. You can see that in the 'before' pics, the rebar is about at the same level of the vase-shaped concrete ornaments on the Steinway building. in the pic from a few days ago, however, this level has been poured with concrete and the rebar is now at a level above. So it seems to be progressing at a more rapid pace now than in most of 2016.

Given how thin this building is (almost half of 432 park, right?), and that it tapers as it rises, I wouldn't be surprised if this shoots up like a rocket soon and is very close to topping out in a year (Jan 2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post

9d98924a97d200c237bd8ef3fc318bd8dd6135c3 by Kevin Leclerc, on Flickr
Old January 5th, 2017, 11:54 AM   #3066
strath

Likes (Received): 22

The Real Deal have the offering plan for the building with floor plans for every level. Pricing is there for everything bar the unit with the double-height living room and the penthouse.

I still can't post any links but if you search for "111 west 57th street the real deal data" and click on the documents link on TRD, Parts 14 to 16 (maybe 17 too) have the floor plans.

The landmark unit looks like a rabbit warren. Even some of the tower units look a little impractical but there's some stunning options in there.

Maybe I've been looking at this market for too long but the updated prices in the amendments don't seem insane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscapeer
Given how thin this building is (almost half of 432 park, right?), and that it tapers as it rises, I wouldn't be surprised if this shoots up like a rocket soon and is very close to topping out in a year (Jan 2018)
The offering plan mentions occupancy from May 2018 (I'm sure that'll be revised) so it could be sooner than that.
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:02 PM   #3067
Architecture lover

Likes (Received): 1284

I'm so eager to see this beauty finished!

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Architecture lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 07:55 PM   #3068
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3585

Quote:
Originally Posted by strath View Post
The Real Deal have the offering plan for the building with floor plans for every level. Pricing is there for everything bar the unit with the double-height living room and the penthouse.

I still can't post any links but if you search for "111 west 57th street the real deal data" and click on the documents link on TRD, Parts 14 to 16 (maybe 17 too) have the floor plans.

The landmark unit looks like a rabbit warren. Even some of the tower units look a little impractical but there's some stunning options in there.

Maybe I've been looking at this market for too long but the updated prices in the amendments don't seem insane...
Good spot, Strath -- we need to get you to 10 posts stat! In the meantime, here's the link to the offering plan, and here are part 1, part 2, and part 3. Screengrabs of the tower floorplans and a couple other highlights below:

Last edited by MarshallKnight; January 5th, 2017 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Images Added
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 09:26 PM   #3069
cnbnca

Likes (Received): 235

Thanks for the effort to post this MarshallKnight!

It is good to know that you can get a studio for only $1.4m :-)
Old January 5th, 2017, 10:56 PM   #3070
UrbanImpact

Likes (Received): 1527

That terrace on the 82nd floor is going to be amazing! I would be a little shakey approaching the edge

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
UrbanImpact no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 11:54 PM   #3071
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31669

These documents indicate a total height of 1,428 feet. Since these are official documents, should the title of this thread be updated accordingly?

Zaz965, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
JuanPaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 03:18 AM   #3072
HighwayStar

Likes (Received): 8

46 Units in a 1400+ ft tower. Umm... wow.
HighwayStar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:42 AM   #3073
generalscarr

Likes (Received): 425

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnbnca View Post
Thanks for the effort to post this MarshallKnight!

It is good to know that you can get a studio for only $1.4m :-)

I think those are typically apts that the rich can buy for their help.

Riley1066 liked this post
generalscarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 05:51 PM   #3074
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

The price of the apartments increase by $250000, or more, for each floor. The increment between 30th and 31st; and 38th and 39th is a million dollars more for just that one aditional floor, for the exact same apartment. Between 25th and 50th floors all the apartments have the same size, although different layouts. An apartment on the 25th floor costs 15.5 Millions and in the 50th floor, 29.5 millions, so almost double the price for a same size apartment 25 floors up.

The upper most PH is kind of small, I think they should have made that unit a triplex.
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2017, 12:26 AM   #3075
McSky

Likes (Received): 1874

Here's a comparison of the upper levels on the two diagrams. Not sure of the date of the older one on the left. The one on the right is dated 7/15/2015.

Some of of the floorplan documents from a few years back stated that the top unit would encompass the top 4 floors. The newer one suggests that the top 4 floors will be split into 2 duplex units.

\

Rebar from the JDS Instagram site today:

JDS and Property Markets Group decided to hold sales at 111 West 57th Street until the building hit 800 of its 1,427 feet, an unusual move in a market where those with padded pockets had been shelling out million for apartments based on renderings alone. That height milestone is expected to happen this year, as the building finally began its ascent in June 2016, meaning a sales launch may be imminent too.

http://ny.curbed.com/2017/1/5/141595...edictions-2017

I've thought that this tower would be one of the more likely projects to run into trouble due to the expensive nature of the elongated construction ($$$), structural issues due to the extreme height ratio, luxury market saturation, etc. It's nice to see the project progressing, and with apparently enough financing to finish the tower.

I hope that the top portion of the tower (which extends 170' above the roof and the highest mechanical area) is constructed as it appears in the renderings, as that will achieve the full measure of the presence on the skyline that this ultrathin supertall will contribute.

sgollis, gaab1972, cnbnca, erbse, The Engineer and 7 others liked this post

Last edited by McSky; January 7th, 2017 at 02:31 AM.
McSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2017, 04:08 AM   #3076
cnbnca

Likes (Received): 235

The steel in this picture is redefining the meaning of rebar, it's just massive. But this kind of "next level rebar" makes this whole super-thin structure possible, i guess
Old January 7th, 2017, 12:01 PM   #3077
strath

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Good spot, Strath -- we need to get you to 10 posts stat! In the meantime, [...]

I'm working on it! But thanks for sharing those -- I'm really curious to see who ends up occupying the retail units because the floor plans for those look a little tortured too. A restaurant might be a good fit; shame the Four Seasons already found new premises on Park Avenue.

PH72/74 seem to have the most graceful general arrangements but after that it really starts to taper off -- literally.

MarshallKnight liked this post
strath no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2017, 07:43 PM   #3078
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3585

Quote:
Originally Posted by strath View Post
I'm working on it! But thanks for sharing those -- I'm really curious to see who ends up occupying the retail units because the floor plans for those look a little tortured too. A restaurant might be a good fit; shame the Four Seasons already found new premises on Park Avenue.

PH72/74 seem to have the most graceful general arrangements but after that it really starts to taper off -- literally.

It's not clear whether the amenity floor will host a bar or restaurant for residents, but I assume even if it does, it will be ultra exclusive, so a public restaurant would be great (a reason a plebe like me could spend time in this building without getting kicked out!)

And yeah, those uppermost PH units are genuinely tiny. I'm surprised they sliced the fourplex in two; you would think the added floors would compensate for the small floorplates, in terms of attracting a seller.

I wonder how much a mega-fourplex in the midsection (somewhere in the 700-1000 foot range, before the floorplates shrink too much) would go for, a la the alleged $200M sale at 220 CPS?

cnbnca liked this post
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2017, 10:10 PM   #3079
ILOVEDUBAI

Likes (Received): 228

Red crane and some steel poking out from the neighborhood
Yellowish crane is Tower Verre

[IMG]N.Y.C by Mathilde Pedersen, su Flickr[/IMG]
Old January 7th, 2017, 11:32 PM   #3080
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1152

That picture makes you realise how freaking thin this tower is going to be. It will be a true definition of a needle. I guess this tower will add a sci fi effect to this part of the skyline.

OT: If i had the money, i would totally build a huge megatall in midtown and share it with everyone. I would not care about profit at all. I just hope that NYC will once get it´s first megatall too. I am sort of jealous of other places who have such tall buildings. The best being the Shanghai Tower.

Tags
105 west 57th street, 107 west 57th street, 111 west 57th street, stairway to heaven, steinway tower