daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:24 AM   #421
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsequence View Post
May you provide a link? If possible..
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?...1115626&page=1

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #422
McSky

Likes (Received): 1875

On SSP, NYGuy has posted some blueprints of 107 W 57th. As I'd hoped, JDS is proposing placing the tower in the central portion of the lot. It looks like the footprint of the tower will be about 60 feet wide and 73 feet deep.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=284
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #423
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3585

So a slightly less lunatic height-to-width ratio, but still incredibly skinny.
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #424
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Too bad he hasn't posted some other plans allowing us to determine the top occupied floor for the building, but since they have access to blueprints imo ssp "roof height" for this buildings gets some more credit.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #425
McSky

The center roof of the Steinway building (meaning mid-way between 57th and 58th streets) will be retained according to that blueprint. That's the second copper roof on the aerial views.

In the 57th street side portion of the original 43-foot-wide lot with which this project started, it looks like there will be a proposed one-story building with an interior height of about 80 feet. This could be an atrium, perhaps featuring some dramatic retail space.

I'm surprised that the tower footprint will not encompass the "2 STORY" area slightly toward the 58th street side of the mid-line. That would have made the tower base larger, but the engineers apparently can pull this off with a base of about 60' X 73'.

Hard to read some of the measurements, but it looks like the "tower cap" will be 1351' in elevation and 1291' in height. So I suppose the ground is 60 feet above sea level. By comparison, the highest point on Manhattan island is 265 feet. There is also a parapet listed on the right at what might be 1150' elevation and 1090' height, and another parapet at the bottom at 731' elevation and 671' height.

Last edited by McSky; September 24th, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
McSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #426
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Too bad he hasn't posted some other plans allowing us to determine the top occupied floor for the building, but since they have access to blueprints imo ssp "roof height" for this buildings gets some more credit.
Below is Plan Work approval application rec'd on Sept 2013.

Plan Work Approval Application:
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=ES804599801

Keep in mind the filing for Enlargement with DOB was on August 2013.

The proposed building height indicated in the plan work application is 1,200 ft., so I am assuming that will be the highest occupied floor because we all know with the DOB they want highest occupied floor figure & any addition of a crown or spire would not be accounted for.

1,350 ft. would represent the total height architecturally with crown.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Kanto liked this post

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; September 24th, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #427
patrykus

I know the dob filling say 1200ft but then why ssp keep the 300m figure?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old September 24th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #428
Vertical_Gotham

Where do they have this tower shown 300m??

We have access to the blue prints as well. lol! The source is from DOB.

Plot Diagram
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=ES934293653

Sched A
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=ES638980790

Old September 24th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #429
patrykus

here

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=61132377

Old September 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #430
Vertical_Gotham

I believe that is in error in that link you provided me & asfaik, anyone can submit and upload a diagram. It should be changed imo.

If you go to their forum for this tower, they have it listed as 1350 also.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Kanto liked this post
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #431
McSky

From the blueprint, it looks like this tower will be 1291 feet tall, and from the DOB filing, it will be called 111 W 57th Street. Stern's signature near the bottom is under "111 West 57th Street Developer LLC".

Old September 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #432
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSky View Post
From the blueprint, it looks like this tower will be 1291 feet tall, and from the DOB filing, it will be called 111 W 57th Street. Stern's signature near the bottom is under "111 West 57th Street Developer LLC".
From the blueprint that i'm looking at there is a figure for Tower Cap on the top left hand of the towers footprint and it says the EL 1361ft. I am not sure what that means. Do you know what that represents??

Old September 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #433
babybackribs2314

Likes (Received): 545

111 West 57th was a no-brainer for the new name, vastly more 'marketable' than 107 W 57th. Obvious from the get-go they were going to change the name once they acquired Steinway.

& follow YIMBY on Twitter! New York YIMBY Twitter
babybackribs2314 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #434
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
I believe that is in error in that link you provided me & asfaik, anyone can submit and upload a diagram. It should be changed imo.

You got confused. In the link I posted it also say 1350ft (complete height) but additionally it also say 304,8m/1000ft (the roof height). Dunno, maybe they just made it like that cause it's nice round number, but still if there is no other source than dob filling they should have changed it. And I wonder why they haven't.

Old September 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #435
McSky

Quote:
From the blueprint that i'm looking at there is a figure for Tower Cap on the top left hand of the towers footprint and it says the EL 1361ft. I am not sure what that means. Do you know what that represents??
Similar to the blueprints for Torre Verre and 432 Park, both the elevation (altitude above sea level) and height of the structural components above ground level are listed on the blueprints for this building.

The two other (non "tower cap") listed parapets differ by 60 feet between their elevation (which I assume to represent their altitude above sea level) and their height. For the "tower cap", it looks like the height is 1291'. I agree that the elevation looks more like 1361' than 1351'. We'll have to see when more info is released.

BTW, how is it that it's 2013, and the version of these blueprints listed online at the official website aren't even fully legible?

EDITED TO ADD: I'm not sure if "elevation" uses sea level or the lowest point of the excavation as its base measurement.

Last edited by McSky; September 24th, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old September 24th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #436
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:

I agree with you, the SSP diagrams shouldn't be considered the most accurate info on the net. They often use only estimates. For example 225 West has been listed for many months as 472m to the roof even though we knew that this was only the maximum allowed height to the top occupied floor of the building
Old September 25th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #437
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

Quote:
On SSP, NYGuy has posted some blueprints of 107 W 57th. As I'd hoped, JDS is proposing placing the tower in the central portion of the lot. It looks like the footprint of the tower will be about 60 feet wide and 73 feet deep.

Still pretty thin, that is only about 64% and 78% percent of the lenght of the sides of 432 park, that is pretty thin already. And only about 50% of the area!!! For me it is pretty shocking, I thought they may tear down the portion of the building facing 58th street in order to make the footprint larger (I don't know if that portion is landmarked)

Quote:
Similar to the blueprints for Torre Verre and 432 Park, both the elevation (altitude above sea level) and height of the structural components above ground level are listed on the blueprints for this building.

The two other (non "tower cap") listed parapets differ by 60 feet between their elevation (which I assume to represent their altitude above sea level) and their height. For the "tower cap", it looks like the height is 1291'. I agree that the elevation looks more like 1361' than 1351'. We'll have to see when more info is released.

BTW, how is it that it's 2013, and the version of these blueprints listed online at the official website aren't even fully legible?

EDITED TO ADD: I'm not sure if "elevation" uses sea level or the lowest point of the excavation as its base measurement.
I think that is about right, on Google Earth, that I found out is pretty accurate for that matter, speciially in relativelly flat terrain, it says the elevation of that plot is 61 feet, so it could be that the height of this building is 1291' feet above the street with an elevation of 1351' above sea level.

CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #438
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:

I said for quite some time that the tower would not rise on the parcel where it was originally planned, and thus, it would sit on a bigger footprint.

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #439
McSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
I said for quite some time that the tower would not rise on the parcel where it was originally planned, and thus, it would sit on a bigger footprint.
The tower will indeed rise on a part of the original 43-foot-wide lot. About 43% of the footprint of the tower will be placed at the back of the now-open lot.

Last edited by McSky; September 25th, 2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old September 25th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #440
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

I stated, over the objections of many, that it would not rise on the original footprint, and that it would have a wider footprint. Both statements have proven true.

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
105 west 57th street, 107 west 57th street, 111 west 57th street, stairway to heaven, steinway tower