daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:40 AM   #561
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I'm dissapointed by the height but the design more than makes up for it. It has truly top class design. It's incredible that in one single day two masterpieces get unveiled (225 West and this)

Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:54 AM   #562
McSky

Likes (Received): 1880

What does everyone think about that blueprint that seems to show the "tower cap" with an elevation of 1,351 or maybe 1,361 feet, and a height of 1,291 feet? Is there any official information that this tower will be 1,350 feet tall?

BTW, I just used the DaftLogic site to find the elevation of the plot for this building, and it came out to 61 feet.

http://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-goo...d-altitude.htm

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by McSky; October 3rd, 2013 at 01:08 AM.
McSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 01:30 AM   #563
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I'm dissapointed by the height but the design more than makes up for it. It has truly top class design. It's incredible that in one single day two masterpieces get unveiled (225 West and this)
It got a 2x height increase and you are disappointed?

ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 02:03 AM   #564
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

For him 432 park ave height of 426m is great but 411m is disappointing. He really is a discrete person. Mathematically speaking
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 02:12 AM   #565
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

It's for issues like that that I care only for design and not height. Too much work to keep track of what point the height changes from disappointing to great.

ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:05 PM   #566
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
For him 432 park ave height of 426m is great but 411m is disappointing. He really is a discrete person. Mathematically speaking
I think it has to do with 111 West not being taller than 1WTC (roof height), whereas both 432 PA and 217 West are clearly taller.
So every tower exceeding 1WTC's height is a step forward.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:23 PM   #567
patrykus

So you are basically saying each next tower build in ny needs to be taller than previous tallest to not be disappointment?

Whatever you say there's just 15 meters of difference between them. They are practically the same in height.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:32 PM   #568
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
So you are basically saying each next tower build in ny needs to be taller than previous tallest to not be disappointment?

Whatever you say there's just 15 meters of difference between them. They are practically the same in height.
No, Kanto's saying that.

I myself don't care if a new tower is taller than 1WTC or not, all I want is a real signature tower for the city (favourably with a pretty spire and 1500-1700ft tall).
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:35 PM   #569
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
No, Kanto's saying that.
Right

Old October 4th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #570
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

I Cant get over of how slim this building will be, it's just astonishing...

I made this one comparing with what, until recently, was thought as the ultimate skinny tower, 432 Park.

According to the scheme that was posted some days ago, the tower will be about 60 x 75 ft (and even less in the upper floors) compared with the 93 ft of each side in 432 Park.

It is an exercise to see how it could work with the neccesary services. I estimate this tower, due to its height, should have at least three passenger elevators, plus one freight (432 has 4+1) to made the core minimum and leave free space for the apartments. I guess that it will have some external columns, similar to those on the old WTC. at least in the east and west facades. It could have two smaller apartments, of about 1700 sq ft or a bigger one of about 3500 sq. ft per floor (or bigger appartments that use two or more floors)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #571
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Nice!

Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #572
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
225 West 57th Street

They are about 0,2 mile apart.

Because the address is just the name. That is with much much more buildings in NYC.
Thanks for the info! That really helped. So their names (which sound alike to me) are just a coincidence? Then they're not related to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I'm disappointed by the height but the design more than makes up for it. It has truly top class design. It's incredible that in one single day two masterpieces get unveiled (225 West and this)
I was a little disappointed, too, but not too much because we have another one of those iconic 1,300 feet towers. And even when I found out we got a great "bargain" because it was originally supposed to be 600 feet, I was still a little sad.

At least this has a REALLY good design. Could make my top ten favorite buildings list.

onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #573
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

I don't believe you guys. No seriously, did anyone expect it to go this high? I was happy with 900ft, ecstatic with 1200ft, and still don't even understand how 1350ft is possible.

Last edited by Funkyskunk2; October 4th, 2013 at 02:27 AM.
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #574
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyskunk2 View Post
I don't believe you guys. No seriously, did anyone it to go this high? I was happy with 900ft, ecstatic with 1200ft, and still don't even understand how 1350ft is possible.
Anything is possible.

CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #575
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4605

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewtclover View Post
I was a little disappointed, too, but not too much because we have another one of those iconic 1,300 feet towers. And even when I found out we got a great "bargain" because it was originally supposed to be 600 feet, I was still a little sad.
It beats the crap out of me how a building that was supposed to rise 700ft, turned into a 1350ft stunner, and people are disapointed about the height of it. I don't mean to be disrespectful but some things said on this forum make little sense to me
Old October 4th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #576
wilfred267

Likes (Received): 72

l really hope this beauty gets financed.

wilfred267 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #577
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred267 View Post
l really hope this beauty gets financed.
It will i think, the question is just when
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #578
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface79 View Post
It beats the crap out of me how a building that was supposed to rise 700ft, turned into a 1350ft stunner, and people are disapointed about the height of it. I don't mean to be disrespectful but some things said on this forum make little sense to me
For some a building is never tall enough.

This tower will be an instant icon. And in a perfect world we would get the 1,250ft version of Tower Verre too.
Old October 5th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #579
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface79 View Post
Actually, I'm not really disappointed. In fact, I don't know why I'm disappointed. This could have been just a random skyscraper in New York we don't even know about. I think it's mainly because either I mixed the towers up and/or I think this is the prettier one. The other one's not horrible, it just looks like one of those designs for 432 Park Avenue with a glass facade.

onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #580
Guy Noir

Likes (Received): 168

I like it. The only downside is that One57 will have a short reign, and I like that one too.
Guy Noir no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
105 west 57th street, 107 west 57th street, 111 west 57th street, stairway to heaven, steinway tower