daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 9th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #1601
Tower Dude

Likes (Received): 587

If he was hispanic it was Juan.

"Make no small plans they lack the magic to stir men's blood!" - Daniel Burnham

"The scale is Roman and will have to be sustained."
- Charles Follen McKim (In a letter to a friend concerning the design of Penn Station)
Tower Dude está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #1602
giorgio righi riva
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

Ny luxury real estate bubble is near the explosion. A lot of project in downtown and Hudson yards area will be deleted or put on hold.
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.2001958.
And gary Barnett say similar words.
giorgio righi riva no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2014, 09:20 PM   #1603
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

I think it goes without saying that there is a luxury housing bubble right now. The question is, how many towers will get built before it bursts? I sure hope this one is makes the cut.

Also, I sure hope giorgio didn't get banned for posting the same article in a handful of threads. If that's the case then the mods have a few more bans to retroactively hand out.

Tower Dude, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:00 PM   #1604
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4604

Interesting read but nothing new. This has been all over the news for months now.

I wouldn't worry about this project or any other work currently being built and financed, those newer proposals, however might have to wait a little longer.
I'm also not sure which developments downtown you're talking about cause all of them are currently rising, unless you were talking about thse Schvo site at 125 Greenwich.
The only towers that I see being pushed back are the ones in HY, with the high end condo market tightening up, i don't think there'll be more appetite for condos in an area that is not established yet and that will be under construction for quite some time. But again they can always turn them into rentals, which is what happened to NY by Ghery.
There might be less new condos going up but new office buildings like 1 Vanderbilt and the ones rising downtown and in HY are still in demand and more projects like Silverstein's project on 10th ave are quite likely so there are still more supertalls to come even if high end condos won't be rising after this cycle.

citybooster, Vertical_Gotham liked this post

Last edited by Ghostface79; November 11th, 2014 at 01:18 AM.
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 04:12 AM   #1605
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface79 View Post
Interesting read but nothing new. This has been all over the news for months now.

I wouldn't worry about this project or any other work currently being built and financed, those newer proposals, however might have to wait a little longer.
I'm also not sure which developments downtown you're talking about cause all of them are currently rising, unless you were talking about thse Schvo site at 125 Greenwich.
The only towers that I see being pushed back are the ones in HY, with the high end condo market tightening up, i don't think there'll be more appetite for condos in an area that is not established yet and that will be under construction for quite some time. But again they can always turn them into rentals, which is what happened to NY by Ghery.
There might be less new condos going up but new office buildings like 1 Vanderbilt and the ones rising downtown and in HY are still in demand and more projects like Silverstein's project on 10th ave are quite likely so there are still more supertalls to come even if high end condos won't be rising after this cycle.
I think if you're talking about the Culture Tower and the Equinox, these are showpieces for HY and will go up regardless... if I'm not mistaken most of the residences in the Culture Tower are luxury rentals, and I think there will definitely be a great interest in the Equinox Tower, and I don't believe the Equinox condos will be highest end. Luxury, yes as will Brookfield's, and I do think Mc Court's will be built which could be more geared to higher end across the street. But after this round especially when the Central Park towers all get built out(including Park Lane and 31 W57th, maybe another one or two, with Steinway, Nordstrom, 432 Park, 520 Park, and One57) there will likely be a time out for the highest end condo market for awhile in favor of less exclusive condos, luxury rentals and very importantly, office towers as Ghostface mentions.

Vertical_Gotham liked this post
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #1606
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Agreed. If there will ever be a lux bubble.. the HY towers would not be effected as you described citybooster!

This is all opinion and speculation now and no one can for sure predict a Luxury bubble burst because sales has slown down a bit. The fact is all the Super Lux tower and the smaller lux properties sales has been very successful and one of the biggest reasons for a slow down is potential buyers are now aware of more super lux product will be coming online to choose from. More choices makes decisions more problematic.

These tower in particular the 57th street, all have an est. completion date in 2017-18 and only till then will you get a confirmation if there is a bubble or not. Right now is frankly way too early to predict.

If there will be a Luxury Real Estate bubble bursts in NYC... All super lux projects in all other cities within the United States will feel it even more.

Silverstein proposal in the Hudson Yards is potentially a game changer as that tower will not be marketed towards the 1%. Hopefully, NYC can see more projects like that for the mere Millionaire mortals of Manhattan.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

citybooster liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:06 AM   #1607
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3585

Curbed has the first floorplans!

Quote:
First Floorplan for the 'World's Skinniest Skyscraper,' Revealed
Monday, November 17, 2014, by Hana R. Alberts

During a JDS Development Group presentation about 111 West 57th Street—which has been dubbed the world's most slender building—principal Simon Koster shared the floorplan pictured above. CityRealty's blog 6sqft picked it up, which confirms that each apartment will take up an entire floor. It's a two-bedroom that also has a media room, with the dining room, living room, and kitchen all taking up one open space and facing north to Central Park, while the other rooms have southern city views towards the tip of Manhattan. The SHoP-designed superscraper will reach more than 1,400 feet, but will only contain 45 apartments. There's also a rendering of the view from way up there.

This pretty neat diagram, which compares 111 West 57th to the MetLife building and the Chrysler, shows just how small the floor plate is. It's only 60 feet by 80 feet.

The curtain wall of this particular 57th Street tower—it's hard to keep them straight, after all, though handy visualizations do help—will be made of terra cotta panels and bronze filigree, giving it a a texture quite unlike its Extell-developed supertall neighbors (both existing and to come.)
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:18 AM   #1608
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

More than 1400 feet eh?

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:24 AM   #1609
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3585

Yeah, from that exterior render, you really get the sense that this will be looking down on ESB, just like the top floors of 432.

My initial thought on the floor plan (and maybe it's a little out of touch) is that it's... a little cramped? 432's full floor units still looked quite palatial, but this is about half the space. And you do get the feeling that the core and supporting elements in the outer walls take up a substantial percentage of the total space.

Makes sense why they're doing the duplex and fourplex apartments. Now THOSE are some floor plans I would really like to see, particularly one with a balcony.
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:26 AM   #1610
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Curbed has the first floorplans!

Nice!!

I think the typical layout for the full floor unit looks great.

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; November 18th, 2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:37 AM   #1611
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22488

the facade is still looking beautiful.

Last edited by Hudson11; November 18th, 2014 at 12:51 AM.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:43 AM   #1612
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

Every single rendering of this building is drool-worthy, but I agree with Marshall on the floor plans. They don't even come close to the grandeur of 432 Park.

j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 01:25 AM   #1613
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

I like the floor plans. While those of 432 Park are more artistic and elegant, these seem more cozy, I guess. Or maybe I'm just used to small houses.

But the facade is gorgeous in every way.
Old November 18th, 2014, 08:34 AM   #1614
City-of-Platinum
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Beautiful tower. It captures the history of NYC. Art deco tower indeed.

So to sum up 57th street, you'll have: towers 1, 2, 3, 4. My favorite is probably this one.

Last edited by City-of-Platinum; November 18th, 2014 at 09:05 AM.
City-of-Platinum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:07 AM   #1615
alheaine
™♥•♥•♥™

Likes (Received): 1467

is this still gonna get built?
Love most those who Hate me."

--Alheaine Dredjshiah 2011
alheaine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #1616
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28124

yes. Unbelievable, is't it?

Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 04:43 AM   #1617
Wbino49

Likes (Received): 246

This building could be down at Park place, the terra -cotta would compliment the Woolworth building.

onewtclover liked this post
Wbino49 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #1618
rlw777

Likes (Received): 469

Instant landmark. This is by far the most aesthetically pleasing design of the current boom.
rlw777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #1619
Vertical_Gotham

in addition to its design, a landmark because of its height-to-width ratio. Unique and 1 of a kind IMO.

Old November 20th, 2014, 01:01 PM   #1620
Aalecki

Likes (Received): 1762

Those are insane floor plans, whole floor for one apartment.
Aalecki no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
105 west 57th street, 107 west 57th street, 111 west 57th street, stairway to heaven, steinway tower