daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > Ahmedabad

Ahmedabad Project news from the Ahmedabad Metropolitan Region - Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT)

Old June 30th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #21
reshapco

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryindiffdrugsngirls View Post
wow was this waterfront always like that is it a recent project?
Both are recent project.

Kankaria lake exist from past 600 years, but was renovated in 2008.
Vastrapur lake (later one) is pretty new project.
reshapco no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #22
tryindiffdrugsngirls

Likes (Received): 128

aha so another Modi's government's accomplishment
tryindiffdrugsngirls está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #23
Student4life

Likes (Received): 34

Thanks for the info and pics .
Vastrapur lake looks great as well ! Ahmedabad does an excellent job on developing public spaces
Student4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 05:06 AM   #24
reshapco

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student4life View Post
Thanks for the info and pics .
Vastrapur lake looks great as well ! Ahmedabad does an excellent job on developing public spaces
don't think so, as far as I know we have least green area.
reshapco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:41 PM   #25
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Likes (Received): 3710

Quote:
Originally Posted by reshapco View Post
But what we have is comparatively better kept than other cities. Another mega beautification project is the Bhadra Square Redevelopment project which is currently underway.

It has its own thread. I m posting some pics and info here :

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ10 View Post
Bhadra Fort Redevelopment Project

*Heritage Conservation in heart of Walled City: approx 600yrs old
*Restoration of Fort Wall
*Pedestrian zone + Pedestrian Bridge across Sabarmati Riverfront
*Open spaces + Trees to create more welcoming environment
*Project of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC)

Prev Articles

Jun 2011 Bhadra Redevelopment to cost 74Cr
Apr 2011 AMC to bridge cultural divide
Apr 2011 Now, our own Millenium Bridge
Feb 2011 City to get back Fort Wall
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:46 PM   #26
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Some more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_sky View Post
Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:12 AM   #27
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

The Kharicut Canal in Eastern Ahmedabad, infamous for its filth and odour, is being redeveloped. A pilot project has been completed.

Before

After

I've created a separate thread since it is a very big and unique project. For more visit here
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:10 AM   #28
Student4life

Likes (Received): 34

I really like the Bhadra fort redevelopment . Does Ahmedabad get many tourists ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reshapco View Post
Well , I was referring to the waterfront development which seems unique to Ahmedabad . Though Kolkata's riverfront is quite nice too .
Student4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:39 AM   #29
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student4life View Post
I really like the Bhadra fort redevelopment . Does Ahmedabad get many tourists ?
Ahmedabad is not what you call a tourist hot spot like Delhi, Jaipur and Agra. But it has number of monuments and is contesting for the coveted status of "Heritage City".

Currently the government is marketing the city to attract tourists. With so many amazing projects taking place and restoration of monuments going on, it is expected that the number of tourists will increase. Ahmedabad does not have any physical features except the Sabarmati river. Although it was primarily a business city and it still possesses that image...
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:55 PM   #30
aks_sky
~AkZ~

Likes (Received): 79

A bit ot but since we are talking about Bhadra redevelopment. Do you guys know what is going on? The last i know is that AMC had put up barriers and there was a big issue. Any construction work on yet?
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:16 PM   #31
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Yes the work is definitely going on, I'll try and get some pics soon...
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:03 PM   #32
akku13

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhi.rushabh1992 View Post
Yes the work is definitely going on, I'll try and get some pics soon...
i have some pic o feb.. but not been there since march..
akku13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:38 AM   #33
aks_sky
~AkZ~

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by akku13 View Post
i have some pic o feb.. but not been there since march..
post some pics man.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:37 AM   #34
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Here is something to show the work done till April...

Before

As on 27th April 2012

Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:40 AM   #35
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Google imagery in the recent years has deteriorated, or is it the wrong time selection for imaging ??

Anyway, 2 months have passed since the above image, will post some pics soon...
Old July 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #36
CivilEngineer079

Likes (Received): 21

CivilEngineer079 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #37
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Year on, civic chief wants to make city clean, green

LINK

I want to make this city more beautiful and want the people to be healthier. My efforts are on to make the city clean and green that will make every Amdavadi proud,” summed up Municipal Commissioner Guruprasad Mohapatra on completion of one year in office. But the opposition feels that the commissioner is driven by the ruling party and has no control over his staff. According to Congress, the civic chief should be given space to perform well as he had done in Surat.

Mohapatra who took charge as civic chief on July 12, last year is satisfied with his efforts and the support he has been getting from his staff. “More planting of saplings and clean streets will provide a healthy environment and fresh air to citizens,” said Mohapatra who takes rounds of the city daily to check on the cleanliness.

“But all these cannot be done without people’s support. We want Amdavadis to support us to make this city clean and beautiful. I request people to use dustbins instead of throwing garbage on roads,” he said.

Badruddin Shaikh, leader of opposition in AMC, alleged that the BJP has taken charge of the city and that they don’t allow commissioner to work properly.

“He is an IAS officer and knows about administration. He should be given time and free hand to work in city. But BJP leaders influence the decisions. He has promised that there will be 100 per cent drainage in city by December 2012. It’s the seventh month, but nothing has been done in this regard,” Shaikh said.

Urging leaders in Gandhinagar to give him more space and relieve him from frequent meetings, the opposition leader said that Mohapatra needs to focus on the engineering department, which is short of officers, for city’s development.

MOHAPATRA’S PROJECTS

» Cleanliness drives

» Making model roads

» Banning illegal parking

» Constituting traffic committee

» Demolition of illegal constructions

» Organising book fair
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #38
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Smooth cruise under a green cover

AMC has planned a Rs 3-crore canopy tree cover over eight model roads; plantation to begin in the next few days and end in November

LINK

Eight model roads in the city will have canopy trees in the near future, if Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation’s ambitious multi-crore project to set up green corridors is taken up in right earnest.

A sum of Rs 3 crore has been earmarked for creating these canopy trees on the eight decided stretches of roads. Every new junction on these roads will have a series of special species of trees. Besides, the central verge of the roads will also be converted into a green belt.

By November end, around 1.80 lakh trees such as neem, rain tree, tebudia rozia, spethodia, chini badam, kadam, bakam limdi and gulmohar will be planted on these model roads. The central verge will have plants of bogal vel and karan. So far around Rs 60 crore has been spent on creating the model roads. The total cost of the project is Rs 100 crore.

“The aim of planting canopy trees on the model roads is to create green cover over these roads. Not only will the roads be of better quality, it will have proper signages and cat’s eye on the roads. Even the thermoplastic material being used for these roads are very thick so that it would clearly get the drivers’ attention,” said Municipal Commissioner Guruprasad Mohapatra.

“The trees chosen for these roads are such that once they become big they will be dense on road and will work as green cover in city. At present eight stretches have been chosen in phase I. In phase II we will include more more roads,” said Mohapatra.

S K Langa, deputy municipal commissioner, parks and garden, who will be responsible for plantation on these model roads, said, “We had invited tenders for the plantation of these trees and have got a good response. Trees on these roads will be planted at a distance of 5 metre each. Between each big tree would be few bogan vels and karan plants. The plantation will cost us Rs 55 lakh. But if we include the tree guards, it would cost us around Rs 3 crore.

Plantation will begin soon and is likely to end by November. “Once trees grow up, they would change the face of the city,” Langa said.

The AMC has already decided to plant around 2.81 lakh saplings in the city at a cost of Rs 1.22 crore. The plantation on the model roads will add to the AMC exchequer.

EIGHT CHOSEN ROADS

» Usmanpura crossroads to Vijay Crossroads to Gujarat University and Jahnavi restaurant.

» BRTS Pallav crossroads to Prabhat Chowk-Ghatlodia sub-zonal office-Sarthak crossroads-SAL Hospital-Judges Bungalow crossroads up to Karnavati Motors.

» Road connecting Indira Bridge circle to airport. » Road from airport circle to Duffnala-Shahibaug underpass-Commissioner of Police’s Office-Delhi Darwaza and Gandhi Bridge.

» From S G Highway to Judges Bungalow crossroads to Mansi circle crossroad, Keshav Baug party plot BRTS lane.

» Road from the last bus stand of Meghaninagar-Omkar bridge-Memko crossroads-Bapunagar crossroads-Swastik crossroads-Hatkeshwar circle-Guruji Bridge-Avkar Hall-Jaymala crossroads-Govind Wadi-Isanpur Bridge BRTS lane.

» From CTM crossroads to Hatkeshwar circle, Anupam Bridge, New Cloth Market, Raipur and Kagdapith police station.

» From Shahibaug underbridge to Girdharnagar Bridge to Idgah circle, Prem Darwaja to Kalupur railway station and New Cloth Market.
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:07 AM   #39
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

A satellite image showing all the roads :

The total length of these roads (acc to list) is 3.62 + 5.45 + 2.43 + 8.1 + 2.37 + 11.8 + 4.87 + 4.01 = 42.65 kms
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #40
viedumonde
Shaan-e-Hind

Likes (Received): 12

Model roads ?

In the name of Model Roads, this peabrain Municipal Commissioner is destroying whatever footpaths left in the city.

This is a sad situation.... This means the government only thinks of the people owning vehicles.... and those who travel on foot are neither considered, nor encouraged. The dividers on these 'model' roads are also extremely ugly... and shabbily done, and dont fulfil the function of not letting people cross the street.

Their arguement is that, if they provide footpaths, people encroach them and start living / doing small business on the street... which DESTROYS the BEAUTY of the street.

Why are they so short sighted ? They should discourage use of private vehicles... and make footpaths braod enough so that people can walk on them. Not a single road in teh city has a decent walkable disabled-friendly footpath system.
MOREOVER, the footpath near Andhjan Mandal.... where a lot of blind people walk, has been destroyed to make the road wider..... which is really not required.

This municipal commissione does not have the capacity of thinking beyond safai... does not seem to understand the way the city works.

What can we do in such case? How do we let him know whatever he is doing is wrong ?
viedumonde no está en línea   Reply With Quote