daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 30th, 2016, 09:29 PM   #481
BUDDHAHEAD
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
Likes (Received): 26

Shenzhen plans China's tallest skyscraper

By Jin Dan (chinadaily.com.cn) Updated: 2016-09-02 11:05

Excerpts:
"Move aside Shanghai Tower, there's a new big boy in the town. Shenzhen, China's southern city neighboring Hong Kong, has announced a plan to build a skyscraper as high as 739 meters on the old site of Huanyu Tower in the newly designed Caiwuwei central financial district.

If the plan goes through it means the new skyscraper over overtake 632-meter-tall Shanghai Tower to become the tallest building in China and the second-tallest in the world, according to the website of Luohu district of Shenzhen on Aug 9.

With 74 percent of banking institutions, 80 percent insurance companies, 40 percent securities institutions as well as 90 percent foreign banks of the city located in Caiwuwei, it’s the Wall Street of Shenzhen.

The planned skyscraper will have 169 floors and called H700 Shenzhen Tower, according its builder's proposal."

Article at:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_26678779.htm
BUDDHAHEAD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2016, 09:35 PM   #482
BUDDHAHEAD
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
Likes (Received): 26

H700 Shenzhen: Meet the Garden-Topped Megatower of Tomorrow in Futurism

Excerpts:
"A super sleek and elegant building plan for the H700 Shenzhen Tower has been submitted for approval. The skyscraper, designed by bKL Architecture, will be 739m (2,424 ft) high, 3rd highest in the world. Jeddah Tower, in Saudi Arabia, is currently under construction but will be the tallest in the world upon completion at 1,000m (3,280 ft) and 2nd is Burj Khalifa in Dubai standing at 830m (2,723 ft). The new tower will also surpass China’s current highest building, the Shanghai Tower, 632m (2,073 ft)."

"A spacious sky garden will be the tower’s attraction at the top. The plans also features a public plaza that will provide retail, civic, and institutional programs.

As described by the Architects from bKL Architecture, “the tower’s elegant form is composed of three transforming design components: the shape, the structure, and the sky gardens, all three design components ground the tower in a continuous interaction between people and nature. the tower is bold, technical, and strong, while at the same time refined, natural, and elegant.”"

Article at:
http://futurism.com/h700-shenzhen-me...r-of-tomorrow/
BUDDHAHEAD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2016, 09:40 PM   #483
BUDDHAHEAD
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
Likes (Received): 26

china's tallest skyscraper: plans submitted for H700 shenzhen tower in DesignBoom

Excerpts:
"developed by shenzhen kingkey group and designed by chicago and shanghai-based firm bKL architecture, the project is located in the developing luohu district, an area that forms a gateway to shenzhen from hong kong. ‘the tower’s elegant form is composed of three transforming design components: the shape, the structure, and the sky gardens,’ explain the architects. ‘all three design components ground the tower in a continuous interaction between people and nature. the tower is bold, technical, and strong, while at the same time refined, natural, and elegant."

See website for artist renderings and map at:
http://www.designboom.com/architectu...re-09-06-2016/
BUDDHAHEAD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2016, 09:43 PM   #484
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,436
Likes (Received): 611

Why is this height allowed now? Ugh, I'm still upset that PingAn didn't get it's spire no matter how I try to be OK with it in my head. Maybe this tower is further away from the airports flight path?


Either way I'd love to see this go up and have the Shenzhen government pay to put a spire on top of PingAn.
__________________

Infesus, Assemblage23 liked this post
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2016, 10:51 PM   #485
saiho
Registered User
 
saiho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 多伦多/多倫多
Posts: 1,321
Likes (Received): 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
Why is this height allowed now?
Because it is 5 more kilometers away from the airport than Ping'an is so it gets more headroom.
__________________

FM 2258 liked this post
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 10:32 AM   #486
BUDDHAHEAD
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
Likes (Received): 26

Background info re KingKay 100 that will probably be the plan for the new H700 building(s).

Article in Shenzhen Noted, new village origin stories: Caiwuwei redux
Posted on February 20, 2012 by Mary Ann O'Donnell

Excerpt:
"The 3.6-hectare site [for the KK 100] was previously occupied by a dense residential quarter, Caiwuwei Village. The developer had the creative vision to form a company with the villagers, initiating an entirely new approach to the art of place-making in Shenzhen. This serves as a model for 21st century for urban change all over the world. Existing buildings were run down and living conditions were poor. As part of initiating this transformation, a Joint Development Initiative was formed in which villagers became stakeholders. Each owner was offered a new property as well as a second home which serves as an income generating asset. This meant the preservation of community links that are built over generations."
Article at: https://shenzhennoted.com/2012/02/20...aiwuwei-redux/
__________________

TowerVerre:) liked this post

Last edited by BUDDHAHEAD; December 15th, 2016 at 10:39 AM.
BUDDHAHEAD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:54 PM   #487
kunming tiger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: kunming
Posts: 7,029
Likes (Received): 1658

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDDHAHEAD View Post
By Jin Dan (chinadaily.com.cn) Updated: 2016-09-02 11:05

Excerpts:
"Move aside Shanghai Tower, there's a new big boy in the town. Shenzhen, China's southern city neighboring Hong Kong, has announced a plan to build a skyscraper as high as 739 meters on the old site of Huanyu Tower in the newly designed Caiwuwei central financial district.

If the plan goes through it means the new skyscraper over overtake 632-meter-tall Shanghai Tower to become the tallest building in China and the second-tallest in the world, according to the website of Luohu district of Shenzhen on Aug 9.

With 74 percent of banking institutions, 80 percent insurance companies, 40 percent securities institutions as well as 90 percent foreign banks of the city located in Caiwuwei, it’s the Wall Street of Shenzhen.

The planned skyscraper will have 169 floors and called H700 Shenzhen Tower, according its builder's proposal."

Article at:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_26678779.htm
If it gets built it will replace Wuhan Greenland as China's tallest building assuming no other project exceeds Wuhan Greenland in the interim.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2016, 02:14 PM   #488
Nick852
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDDHAHEAD View Post
Background info re KingKay 100 that will probably be the plan for the new H700 building(s).

Article in Shenzhen Noted, new village origin stories: Caiwuwei redux
Posted on February 20, 2012 by Mary Ann O'Donnell

Excerpt:
"The 3.6-hectare site [for the KK 100] was previously occupied by a dense residential quarter, Caiwuwei Village. The developer had the creative vision to form a company with the villagers, initiating an entirely new approach to the art of place-making in Shenzhen. This serves as a model for 21st century for urban change all over the world. Existing buildings were run down and living conditions were poor. As part of initiating this transformation, a Joint Development Initiative was formed in which villagers became stakeholders. Each owner was offered a new property as well as a second home which serves as an income generating asset. This meant the preservation of community links that are built over generations."
Article at: https://shenzhennoted.com/2012/02/20...aiwuwei-redux/
That's an awesome way to work indeed... yet I hope the villagers really receive what they were promised. I can imagine this is easier achieved in smaller towns with village leaders, where decisions are made in committees.
__________________

TowerVerre:) liked this post
Nick852 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2016, 04:22 AM   #489
BUDDHAHEAD
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
Likes (Received): 26

To learn more about Caiwuwei and the urban village and it's people, here's a useful blog site you might check from time to time. There are some interesting links provided:

https://shenzhennoted.com/tag/caiwuwei/
__________________

TowerVerre:) liked this post
BUDDHAHEAD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 02:22 PM   #490
Scion
Registered User
 
Scion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hong Kong, Shenzhen
Posts: 3,562
Likes (Received): 4261

Please change the title of the project to Caiwuwei Center

Latest change to height: 760 metres, 169 floors

777 by Dalianon, on Flickr

Source: http://zzb.szlh.gov.cn/main/a/2017/d..._2085114.shtml
(scroll to the near bottom of the page and open the 2nd .jpg attachment)
__________________
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:10 PM   #491
Ch.W
Registered User
 
Ch.W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Heinsberg - near Cologne
Posts: 1,780
Likes (Received): 5180

760m....169 floors...give me a break
__________________

Zaz965, Sector 7 liked this post
Ch.W no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:29 PM   #492
Munwon
Registered User
 
Munwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Busan
Posts: 3,441
Likes (Received): 3188

China set the night on fire
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:34 PM   #493
lowenmeister
Registered User
 
lowenmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 816
Likes (Received): 3420

Shenzhen never stops,it currently has 90 buildings over 200m already in a city that is responsible for nearly 50% of international patents filed in China today.
I wonder if Shenzhen will gradually displace Beijing and Shanghai as the primary city of China.
__________________

Ch.W liked this post
lowenmeister no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:42 PM   #494
TowerVerre:)
Registered User
 
TowerVerre:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 928
Likes (Received): 1818

It is just a bit sad that there is not a single over 400 meter tall tower uc or prep in Shenzhen at the moment. Hopefully one of all the proposed megatalls will start soon.
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:43 PM   #495
z0rg
fok julle naaiers
 
z0rg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Madrid
Posts: 24,725
Likes (Received): 15915

This is what Shenzhen deserves. I wish Greenland launched something similar for the city either.
__________________
What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

TowerVerre:), Sector 7 liked this post
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:00 PM   #496
Fotografer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 3-City
Posts: 162
Likes (Received): 167

Oh no China Gate is down to 608 and Nexus is growing. Older high proportion is better.
__________________

Infesus liked this post

Last edited by Fotografer; April 13th, 2017 at 09:45 PM.
Fotografer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 08:00 PM   #497
ed500
Registered User
 
ed500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 289
Likes (Received): 1921

A quick comparison i made with the burj, empire state and the shard.

__________________
ed500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 10:57 PM   #498
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,341
Likes (Received): 8240

so the nexus is 760m now? that's ridiculous, that tower was already just boxes without set backs... That's a crazy amount of floor area.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2017, 02:57 PM   #499
kunming tiger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: kunming
Posts: 7,029
Likes (Received): 1658

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerVerre:) View Post
It is just a bit sad that there is not a single over 400 meter tall tower uc or prep in Shenzhen at the moment. Hopefully one of all the proposed megatalls will start soon.

if that is your definition of sad then with the exception of a handful of cities god help the rest of the planet.
__________________

TowerVerre:) liked this post
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2017, 03:40 PM   #500
z0rg
fok julle naaiers
 
z0rg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Madrid
Posts: 24,725
Likes (Received): 15915

Amazingly, the observation deck should be almost 200m taller than today's world's tallest. Even taller than Jeddah Tower's. And that will make this one, by floor height, a new WTB.
__________________
What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

TowerVerre:) liked this post

Last edited by z0rg; April 15th, 2017 at 04:33 PM.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu