daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Andros_Pelekanos

Likes (Received): 1

The Best Website Architecture in 3D - On Firefox

So yeah I was reading another forum and I came across something which I found fascinating.

Apparently Mozilla rolled out a recent update that allows anyone with Firefox and Windows 7 to view websites in 3D. I'm at work now and I don't have Windows 7 so I'll simply quote the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprus Property View Post

I think the picture says it all. You can now view any website in 3D on firefox by following a few simple steps:

What you need:
- Yourself
- A computer with Windows 7
- A Firefox browser.

No other special equipment or 3D displays or glasses necessary.

How to activate the 3D view:
1 When Firefox is open
2. Right click on the page
3. Click on "Inspect Element Q".
4. Click on 3D at the bottom right of the page.
5. Enjoy.

The image above was taken from the website that sells luxury cyprus property (Cybarco). If you guys check out any page on facebook then you will notice that the castle structure is very thick. I think it's safe to say that websites with a flat structure are better coded then vertical ones. If you do come across a website with a huge vertical structure please post here (at least the URL if you don't want to spoil it for anyone). So far the tallest one was Facebook, and I wont spoil it for anyone :P

So what do you guys think, yay or nay?

Source: http://www.realestateforum.com/endle...tml#post124916
So yeah, reading that post, I came up with the idea of finding the website with the best HTML architecture. I would obviously prefer it if the websites were related to skyscrapers or property websites but at the end of the day, if you come across a website with awesome pillars and beautiful curves then it needs recognition.

I guess the aim of the game is to find the website with the best 3D design!

Also on a side note: this 3D view could well be the future of browsing with content articles decorated with pyramid structures and nice green mossy textures. So I’m really excited about it although I'm worried advetrisers may abuse it.

I’ll post some interesting website images later tonight and I hope others participate!

Edit
: Noob error correction from "Apparently Google rolled out a recent" to "Apparently Mozilla rolled out a recent"

Last edited by Andros_Pelekanos; March 23rd, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Andros_Pelekanos no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links